1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

BizMP - Very cool tool for buying selling website.

Discussion in 'Sites' started by mustangsally, Jul 27, 2006.

http://www.bizmp.com is a new type of service. It takes feeds from every buy/sell forum and service there is (sedo, etc..) and puts it all in one place.

The custom code inside bizmp lets you to search for any dev'd websites that have more than x uniques a month, or any forums bigger than xxxx members. Or even by alexa rank or how old the site is. The best part is, all of this information doesnt even have to be in the sellers original post, it can get all of the data it needs just from the site itself.

There is over 250,000 lines of code in this project, and over 6 months in development time involved. It was recently launched.
    For a list of streams it supports, visit http://forums.bizmp.com/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=1&

There is no history of rev of traffic, but its getting immesnely popular, as this is the only service IN THE WORLD that does this. PR5, 50k alexa, runs on asp.net with 3 servers required for spiders.

That site goes out and scrapes every buy/sell forum there is, and puts it all on one page. That means it will even find THIS post and index it.
    This is the first service there is, where you as a buyer can go in, and search very narrowly.

As narrowly as... Show me any developed websites that have PR4 or more, with at least 500k alexa, 10k monthly uniques, at least 1 year old.
    As far as I know, its scraping from EVERY for sale forum there is, short of WHT and Ebay, and I will get to them later.
    As I said, this will auto scrape every for sale site there is (Even namepros, which requires a cookie to view the forums!!) so you can view all the sales in one day in one spot.
    There is also a rss feed, so you can use a notifier to get updates the second a new site that matches your preferences is listed for sale.

http://www.bizmp.com

Min bid 50,000

mustangsally, Jul 27, 2006 IP
  2. mustangsally

mustangsally Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
  3. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Cool Cool Cool and more Cool

britishguy, Jul 27, 2006 IP
  4. buzibees

buzibees Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Second that

buzibees, Jul 27, 2006 IP
  5. Pozzy

Pozzy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Wow, great job! I have to ask why are you selling this, it has so much potential?

Pozzy, Jul 27, 2006 IP
  6. mustangsally

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the comments guys. If I dont hit my reserve, I will keep it, and continue adding more features to it. As it stands now, there is 6 months of coding time exclusively into this

7. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Wow, very nice product/website/programming..!!

honey, Jul 27, 2006 IP
  8. mustangsally

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    thanks honey, It was a pain in the ass to develop / get out there.
    Btw guys, this is a full ajax deal. You can drag and drop anything inside the grid into a new location, etc..
    Try it out.

9. daworm

daworm Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I dont think you really intend to sell this site. My personal opinion only

daworm, Jul 27, 2006 IP
  10. mustangsally

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well, you would be wrong then. Im not going to give it away though, and judging by the caliber of the sites in your sig, I dont think you have a fighting chance anyways.
    :)

11. mustangsally

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    mustangsally, Jul 28, 2006 IP
  12. mxlabs

mxlabs Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    UberJew, that's a very nice project. I wish you that many realize the potential of the site so that you can sell it for a nice price.

May I ask you which scripting language the actual "ripping/parsing" was done with? You didn't use PHP for that as well, I guess?

mxlabs, Jul 28, 2006 IP
  13. Merkersarl

Merkersarl Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It's a great idea and a great tool (though could do with various improvements).

But, I have a problem with the price and the fact that you're selling. You're advertising in your signature that you're in the market to buy sites and that you have a $150K budget. So, why sell what you've already got? It doesn't add up.

I don't know if the calibre of sites in my signature - or lack of sites in my signature - gives anything away about whether I have a "fighting chance", but I'll hazard a guess at your reason: After all that development you're sitting back, looking at your pretty little baby, and thinking: How the heck am I going to monetise it?

Sure, there'll be people who want to buy sites. Sure, some of them will sign up for auto-notifications. Sure, most of them will find that your analysis, like Seomoz's and others, is useful but I've done some market research into the size of that market and it's not a MDHP.

There are a lot of brilliant ideas around. But site buyers tend to pay for proven models (that's why the emphasis on earnings multiples) not pies in the sky.

So, great job.... no, fantastic job! But it's not a viable business as it stands now. If you can demonstrate to me (via PM or email) a clear route to profits - and convince me of that - you'll have $50K in escrow before you can say bizmp.

Merkersarl, Jul 28, 2006 IP
  14. thewindmaster

thewindmaster The Man with the Plan

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It is an excellent site and a great deal of work creating it. Good Job.

I think it probably could be monetized. Expecially as traffic picks up. How about offering feature sites for sale. SP is making a lot of money of that. You could also offer Domain/Website appraisals and brokering of larger sites.

Obviously with the Growth of DP, SP, DNF, etc. This business will only continue to grow. The challenge of truly making your 50K back is the site must be established as a premier resource, so a lot of advertising and promotion dollars are going to need to be spent as well.

If I had the time and around 85K to invest, I would take a shot at it.

thewindmaster, Jul 28, 2006 IP
  15. bwb

bwb Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    One really nice option I would want is to do membership levels that would allow you email updates the instant a site is for sale that matches a category, price range or wide range of customizable options. I would pay for a service like tht instead of having to browse through tons of crap at lots of forums.

bwb, Jul 28, 2006 IP
  16. mustangsally

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    UberJew, that's a very nice project. I wish you that many realize the potential of the site so that you can sell it for a nice price.
    May I ask you which scripting language the actual "ripping/parsing" was done with? You didn't use PHP for that as well, I guess?

#
    Its a combination of delphi, asp .net c++ and asm.

#
    It's a great idea and a great tool (though could do with various improvements).

But, I have a problem with the price and the fact that you're selling. You're advertising in your signature that you're in the market to buy sites and that you have a $150K budget. So, why sell what you've already got? It doesn't add up.

I don't know if the calibre of sites in my signature - or lack of sites in my signature - gives anything away about whether I have a "fighting chance", but I'll hazard a guess at your reason: After all that development you're sitting back, looking at your pretty little baby, and thinking: How the heck am I going to monetise it?

Sure, there'll be people who want to buy sites. Sure, some of them will sign up for auto-notifications. Sure, most of them will find that your analysis, like Seomoz's and others, is useful but I've done some market research into the size of that market and it's not a MDHP.

There are a lot of brilliant ideas around. But site buyers tend to pay for proven models (that's why the emphasis on earnings multiples) not pies in the sky.

So, great job.... no, fantastic job! But it's not a viable business as it stands now. If you can demonstrate to me (via PM or email) a clear route to profits - and convince me of that - you'll have $50K in escrow before you can say bizmp.
    #
    Revenue model is in place, just not added as its a beta. You can charge for several aspects such as paid listings, upgraded memberships for instant notifications, etc.
    Even sedo has a affiliate program, any domain or website bought via bizmp, I get 25% of sedos commission.
    The market size for biz buy/selling is only going to be getting bigger, not smaller. Just waiting for that CNN peice on how its the "virtual real estate" and anyone can do it.

#
    It is an excellent site and a great deal of work creating it. Good Job.

I think it probably could be monetized. Expecially as traffic picks up. How about offering feature sites for sale. SP is making a lot of money of that. You could also offer Domain/Website appraisals and brokering of larger sites.

Obviously with the Growth of DP, SP, DNF, etc. This business will only continue to grow. The challenge of truly making your 50K back is the site must be established as a premier resource, so a lot of advertising and promotion dollars are going to need to be spent as well.

If I had the time and around 85K to invest, I would take a shot at it.
    #
    Thanks, I agree

One really nice option I would want is to do membership levels that would allow you email updates the instant a site is for sale that matches a category, price range or wide range of customizable options. I would pay for a service like tht instead of having to browse through tons of crap at lots of forums.
    #
    So would I, and that option is in place, just have to finish tweaking it.

17. mustangsally

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Just to note people, its not difficult to integrate this with more forums, should they come out.

18. mustangsally

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Site also has a forum, located at http://forum.bizmp.com and a blog as well, although more integration could be used.

19. mustangsally

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    bump for the late nighters.

20. primeryder

primeryder Well-Known Member