1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Many Outbound Links from Home Page are Safe ?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by bushib, Nov 25, 2008.

Hi there,

I want to know that how many outbound links from home page are safe?

Regards
    bushib

bushib, Nov 25, 2008 IP
  2. shantanubala

shantanubala Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have a blog with commenting and such, try linking to other blogs as much as possible. It usually encourages them to reciprocate. I can't say I've heard of any specific limit to be safe, but as long as you link to sites that aren't considered spam you should be ok. Use the 'rel="nofollow"' on your anchor tags if you wish to regulate the page-rank distribution.

shantanubala, Nov 25, 2008 IP
    Wipqozn likes this.
  3. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Many people recommend keeping a page's maximum number of links under 50 or 100. This includes both internal navigation links and external links. If you have more than that on any one page, the search engine spiders may not be able to crawl all of the links on that page. This could lead to pages not getting indexed or improper PR distribution.

vansterdam, Nov 25, 2008 IP
  4. martinjames

martinjames Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest try and no to exceed no more then 50 outgoing links per page. 100 or more then you are wasting your time.

Hopefully that helps, if it does then please thank me with a rep.

Also if you know any link exchange partners for:
    * Auto sites
    * South African sites
    * Internet related sites

then please pass them on and I can provide a rep as thank you.

Martin,

martinjames, Nov 25, 2008 IP
  5. tonemediallc

tonemediallc Peon

Best Answers:
    I try to keep it under 20 external links, and "dofollow" links at 10 or fewer. And always make sure they're relevant to your content

tonemediallc, Nov 25, 2008 IP
  6. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think it really depends on whether the links are relevant to your target visitors and if they are spammy or not. With high quality links you can have more.

jg123, Nov 25, 2008 IP
  7. fr@nc!z

fr@nc!z Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm... I not sure on the limits of outgoing links from your index page, but i prefer up to 5 outgoing links.

fr@nc!z, Nov 25, 2008 IP
  8. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ultimately you always want to ensure that the least number of outbound links are present on the page itself. First you don't want to lose visitors who might navigate to other page and second, to avoid PR drain.

lycos, Nov 25, 2008 IP
  9. abraxas

abraxas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do not agree. I have a site (about particular country), which has around 120-130 links on the home page to the different cities and resorts of that country. All these pages are indexed and have their page rank, plus this is really more convenient for the visitors to navigate the site, instead of dividing links from the different regions (which they might not know and get lost/leave the site).

As for the external links I'd limit them to 5 (if your idea is to sell links) or if not just put them nofollow tag - then the number doesn't really matters...

abraxas, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  10. coated

coated Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think there is any specific number of links. You can use a nofollow tag if you want to retain PR, but if you limit the number of links to external sites and use dofollow, you'll probably find those other sites will also link to you with dofollow links. This will give you some deep links.

coated, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  11. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are no specific number that you could have for outbound link. you could just use a nofollow tag so that search engine wouldn't crawl it.

Chancey, Nov 27, 2008 IP