1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is mentioning AdSense ads like this harmless or not ??

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by tayiper, Jul 23, 2006.

You see, recently I've decided to not to update my old site-variants anymore (update with the new content, that is), so I am curious if having the note below on these sites' pages (i.e. not on the site displaying them, of course) might be considered encouraging visitors to click on the ads ...

The note say the following:

"/NOTE: From the site's update on 5.6.2006 onwards, this particular site will not be updated anymore. To be honest, I made few additional modifications on 6.6., 7.6., 8.6., 9.6., and further on 16.6. and 13.7. (which was the absolutely last update), but that was all just fixing old errors and formatting, and no new content was added. Optionally see the last "events-entry" on page "events7.html" (a short announcement), and the first entry on the "events8.html" page (describes all this in great details), however, the second one is located only on "still updated" site-variants. Anyway, this notice applies to Bravenet, Freehost386, Geocities, and Greatnow free-hosts, so for the current variant with fresh content head on to one of these three sites: 50webs, Atspace, Voljatel, which are the only ones still being updated and the only ones with Google AdSense ads."

See here for an example; it's at the bottom of the page. So I am interested: is this potentially dangerous, should I rather remove that part of the note ??

P.S. -- If anyone might be interested, the reason for more than one site-variant in the first place is described on my website.html page ...

thanks, tayiper

tayiper, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  2. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Google adsense TOS says not to have any thing that points out to visitors about adsense ads.
    I would run that one by google adsense to see if it is okay to point out that those sites have google adsense ads on them.

Basically, by saying these sites are the only ones displaying google adsense ads, you are saying to visitors, these are the sites to come to and click on the ads.

iowadawg, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  3. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks much for the quick reply ...

Yeah, but what about the fact that these sites (with that note on them) themselves don't display ads at all ??

tayiper

tayiper, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  4. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, and one more thing: what about mentioning that I've added the Google AdSense ads to my site ?? The particular page that mentions does this is events7.html page (see under the "6.5.2006" events-entry)

It says something like this in it:

thanks again, tayiper

tayiper, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  5. Crusader

Crusader Peon

Best Answers:
    The best thing is not to mention Adsense in any way. First rule of Adsense is to never talk about Adsense :p

Most visitors aren't interested in how you earn revenue from the site. They are interested in the content. By drawing their attention to the ads (or even the fact that you are using ads) could be seen as drawing undue attention.

Crusader, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  6. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    OK, thanks both for the replies ...

tayiper

tayiper, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  7. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Unless your site is designed to review/talk about PPC or Adsense programs, there is absolutely, positively no reason whatsoever for you to ever mention your Adsense ads. 'Nuff said.

jackburton2006, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  8. redz

redz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    for your accounts safety if i was you i would remove it, wouldnt want to risk my account just for some text.

redz, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  9. tayiper

tayiper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks all for the additional postings ...

tayiper

tayiper, Jul 25, 2006 IP