1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

5 Established Comic Book, Sci-Fi and Animation Fan Sites & Shops - PR4 - $100

Discussion in 'Sites' started by kokopelli, Jul 22, 2006.

Firstly, I apologize for the brief descriptions below, but I'm a little pressed for time right now. Will gladly provide more info when requested.

Free push to the current registrar. One month free hosting. Full instructions will be provided. Free email support while you host with me.

PayPal payment only (no eChecks). Posted on multiple forums. Post SOLD to claim @ BIN. I reserve the right to refuse any bids, other than BIN, and end auction at anytime. Thanks for looking!

• hitchhikersguide.ws - PR4 - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Fan Site & Amazon shop with added content - income - offers from $100 - BIN: $350
    • wallaceandgromit.us - PR4 - Wallace and Gromit Fan Site & Amazon shop with added content - income - offers from $100 - BIN: $400
    • gromit.biz - PR4 - Gromit Fan Site & Amazon shop with added content - income - offers from $100 - BIN: $300
    • comicleague.com - PR4 - Comic book and graphic novel Amazon shop with added content - income - offers from $100 - BIN: $350
    • captainamerica.us - PR4 - Captain America Fan Site & Amazon shop with added content - income - offers from $100 - BIN: $450

A few notices about the sites:
    • All the Amazon shop sites run on the paid version of the Associate-O-Matic (AOM) script which is NOT included. If you do not want to buy it, I will gladly downgrade the site to the free version for you.
    • Income: Because I cannot track sales from individual Amazon shops, I cannot give you a 100% accurate revenue figure. But I can make a guesstimate based on the type of product and because the AOM script notifies me when a buyer places something in the shopping cart. I'll be happy to provide Adsense and other affiliate income where I can track per site.
    • Stats: Just add /axs/ax-admin.pl to the end of the URL (e.g. wallaceandgromit.us/axs/ax-admin.pl). I can also provide Awstats screenshots if required.

kokopelli, Jul 22, 2006 IP
  2. Payton

Payton Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Who's the current registrar?

Payton, Jul 22, 2006 IP
  3. kokopelli

kokopelli Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 10
    Different registrars

kokopelli, Jul 22, 2006 IP
  4. kokopelli

kokopelli Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 10
    Any bids? I want to sell these today.

kokopelli, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  5. kokopelli

kokopelli Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 10
    As requested, here's the income* for these sites:

• captainamerica.us
      • Adsense: $10.54 since February 24
      • eBay: cant say, don't track/site
      • Amazon*: $247.40 total sales
    • comicleague.com
      • Adsense: $0.23 since June 12
      • Amazon*: $246.22 total sales
    • hitchhikersguide.ws
      • Adsense: $0.67 since April 27
      • Amazon*: $79.24 total sales
      BTW this site also includes the domains, thehitchhikersguide.biz and thehitchhikersguide.ws, which both redirect to the main site
    • wallaceandgromit.us
      • Adsense: $6.06 since March 13
      • Amazon*: $619.70 total sales
      I didn't realize until now how many sales this site has made - might have to reconsider the price ...
    • gromit.biz
      • Adsense: $1.74 since March 24
      • Amazon*: $24.41 total sales

*Amazon Income: Because I cannot track sales from individual Amazon shops (and I have many), I cannot give you a 100% accurate revenue figure. But I can make a guesstimate based on the type of product and because the AOM script notifies me when a buyer places something in the shopping cart (which, of course, does not guarantee he bought it). So the figures above represent total sales based on these notices, not commissions received.

kokopelli, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  6. zaphrod

zaphrod Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    A couple more questions. How much is you take from the total sales, and how many months are included in the total sales?

zaphrod, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  7. kokopelli

kokopelli Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 10
    That differs because Amazon:

• Is on a tiered commission system - the more you sell, the more you earn. I am generally at 6.5 - 7% at the end of a quarter (you may be on a lower or higher tier);
    • Even on the same tier, has different commissions depending on product, origin, etc. Examples for last quarter:
      • Captain America America Profile Officially Licensed Cotton T-Shirt Apparel Merchandise Large @ $19.95 x 6.52% = $1.30 commission
      • Wallace and Gromit: A Close Shave (Pop-up) (Wallace & Gromit) @ $2.48 x 6.45% = $0.16 commission
      • Wallace & Gromit: Cheese Lover's Yearbook @ $0.19 x 5.26% = $0.01 commission
      • Marvel Spider-man & the Marvel Universe Captain America Diecast Figure By Toy Biz @ $14.99 x 6.47% = $0.97 commission

So there is no easy way to estimate revenue, apart from actually adding up all the commissions manually (which is impossible, because you don't know from which sites they are!). As a very general rule of thumb, you may perhaps work with 6% commissions as a conservative estimate, 6.5% as a more liberal one. Based on this, for example, wallaceandgromit.us has made about $40.28 in Amazon commissions ($619.70 x 6.5%).

From the beginning of each site. You can see the date the site was started in the AXS stats. So, for example, if you go to http://wallaceandgromit.us/axs/ax-admin.pl you'll see the log (and site) was started on 2006-02-26.

kokopelli, Jul 24, 2006 IP
  8. kokopelli

kokopelli Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 10
    High bid $100 for wallaceandgromit.us at NP

kokopelli, Jul 27, 2006 IP
  9. tru504187211

tru504187211 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    $100 for captainamerica.us...

tru504187211, Jul 28, 2006 IP
  10. kokopelli

kokopelli Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 10
    Thanks, keep 'em coming, have to finalize this by the weekend

kokopelli, Jul 28, 2006 IP
  11. kokopelli

kokopelli Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 10
    OK, I've had to move all my sites to a dedicated server, so that's why this thread went a bit quiet. I've reduced most prices for a quick sale (very limited time only):

• hitchhikersguide.ws - PR4 - great name - about 750 backlinks - many pages indexed (e.g. 3,700 pages in Google!) - BIN now only $300 for limited time
    • wallaceandgromit.us - PR4 - nice name - about 950 backlinks - many pages indexed (e.g. 8,860 pages in Google!) - BIN now only $350 for limited time
    • gromit.biz - PR4 - cool name - about 794 backlinks - many pages indexed (e.g. 2,230 pages in Yahoo!) - BIN now only $250 for limited time
    • comicleague.com - PR4 - great, brandable, name - about 2,149 backlinks - many pages indexed (e.g. 5,410 pages in Google!) - #1 in Google and MSN for phrase "comic league" (OVT = 125 for "comic league", 11,600,000 results in Google for same) - BIN now only $350 for limited time (this price will be going up!) (FREE BONUS! To secure the "franchise" I've just registered the "thecomicleague.com" domain too and pointed it to the main site)
    • captainamerica.us - PR4 - great .US name (it's Captain AMERICA, after all!) - all other extensions taken - site that will increase in popularity closer to the upcoming movie - about 1,526 backlinks - many pages indexed (e.g. 1,770 pages in Google!) - OVT = 16,450 for "captain america", 54,100,000 results in Google for same! - BIN now only $400 for limited time

Posted on multiple forums. Post SOLD to claim @ BIN.

Free push to the current registrar. One month free hosting. Full instructions will be provided. Free email support while you host with me.

Verified PayPal payment only (no eChecks).

Please note: A friendly reminder that the paid version of the AOM Amazon script is NOT included - you'll have to get your own or I'll switch the site to the free version.

kokopelli, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  12. kokopelli

kokopelli Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 10
    kokopelli, Aug 24, 2006 IP
  13. MtCowboy4Life

MtCowboy4Life Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i need some more information on the comic site please

MtCowboy4Life, Oct 16, 2006 IP
  14. kokopelli

kokopelli Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 10
    Please note, this is a 2 month-old thread and the discounts/prices not valid anymore, but I've sent you a PM.

kokopelli, Oct 16, 2006 IP
  15. sukantab

sukantab Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please PM me the Bin price...

sukantab, Oct 16, 2006 IP