1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Interesting Adsense Alternative

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by SENewbie, Jun 11, 2004.

I came across this site today:

http://www.affiliatesensor.com

It looks like it just gets affiliate programs from the Clickbank mall and displays them in an Adsense format and uses your Clickbank name so you get commisions.

The thing is that I wasn't sure exactly how the impressions work. Still, it might be good to experiment with this using the alternate url on Adsense.

SENewbie, Jun 11, 2004 IP
  2. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you tried this yet? I've been looking for some filler for PSA ads.

GuyFromChicago, Jun 12, 2004 IP
  3. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks alright- any clue how it compares on a $ per click to adsense?

schlottke, Jun 12, 2004 IP
  4. al2six

al2six Active Member

Best Answers:
    If i'm understanding it correctly, this is nothing like adsense. First off, its CPA.
    and it seems you have to manually select which ads to run

al2six, Jun 15, 2004 IP
  5. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    >>>Google AdSense keeps 32% of the income generated per click

Not sure how they got those stats...

SEbasic, Jun 15, 2004 IP
  6. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are people getting paid per click with this affiliate or does the consumer have to make a purchase before income is realized. If the latter is true, what is the cookie situation like? Anyone have any experiences here. I love the ability to display the ads I WANT to display as opposed to some algo deciding.

NewComputer, Jun 15, 2004 IP
  7. SENewbie

SENewbie Peon

Best Answers:
    Since all the ads are shown from the Clickbank mall, the way it works is that they will subsitute your Clickbank ID into the ads 90% of the time. 5% of the impressions goes to the account you sign up under, and 5% goes to AffiliateSensor. So for every 100 ads you show on your site, your Clickbank ID will show up on 90 of them, 5 will have the ID of the account you signed up under, and 5 will be AffiliateSensor's ID.

They do have the ability to customize the ads just like Google does so you can make them look exactly like Adsense ads. The only problem is that it only shows the top 4-5 programs for whatever keyword you search for. So basically unless you have different keywords, you'll be showing the same ads on every page.

I'm going to experiment with this for a while on my other site to see what happens since Adsense is not performing well there. I will let you know how it works out.

SENewbie, Jun 15, 2004 IP
  8. a389951l

a389951l Must Create More Content

Best Answers:
    a389951l, Aug 6, 2004 IP
  9. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Looking it over, the limited (and frankly, odd) selection of advertisers at ClickBank seems to be a limiting factor in AffiliateSensor's possible success.

Will.Spencer, Aug 7, 2004 IP
  10. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    it's not a bad idea at all, but the problem is that most of clickbank's products are, well, crap.

if someone did this with CJ I'd be really interested in seeing how it does.. :)

disgust, Aug 7, 2004 IP
  11. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Disgust. Very interesting concept though!!! We currently have around 11 affiliate programs and are getting ready to launch something new. Providing banks of adsense type text ads that feature all of our merchants would be a great idea.

5starAffiliates, Aug 7, 2004 IP
  12. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    SENewbie,

THANK YOU!!!! You don't even know what you just gave me by posting that link!

Wow, I spoke before I even checked it out. This concept is a winner! The interface is simple we would just need to figure out the easiest way to incorporate the tracking to be sure the links work, since we have CJ programs, DirectTrack programs and Indies.

But as an example it would be soooooo hot if we could let affiliates with a travel site for instance, easily make a bank of text ads that included National Geographic Store, City Search and our new Luggage Merchant. Or affilates with a financial site could ad 4LowRate (mortgage), Household Auto (loans) and 21st Century Insurance (auto ins.).

5starAffiliates, Aug 7, 2004 IP
  13. philr

philr Peon

Best Answers:
    I have just put this code on one of my sites to try it out, I like the idea of the stats they provide that show what hits I am getting from what url, although I am not to sure it accurately shows the url.

the adds are not that professional so you have to cull out the ones that go on about how much you will make as an affiliate, I think they just grab them straight from the clickbank site without editing.

Philr

http://www.affiliatesensor.com/?u=philrr22

philr, Sep 1, 2004 IP
  14. jdflemng

jdflemng Guest

Best Answers:
    Actually, this has been done with CJ. I just came across this site the other day because I was wondering myself if such a thing existed. It's called Infograbber. It scans a web page and displays products from merchants within the CJ and Share A Sale networks. That way you are able to earn commissions instead of PPC. The site is http://www.infograbber.net if anyone is interested.

jdflemng, Nov 8, 2004 IP
  15. johncr

johncr Peon

Best Answers:
    It seems to me that under some circumstances, we can't place ClickBank ads along with AdSense ads, let alone to make them display simultaneously. The AdSense's FAQ states:

"...we do not permit Google ads to be published on web pages that also contain what could be considered competing ads."

If you use two AdSense scripts in a page using ClickBank ads as an alternate URL, chances are that one block displays AdSense ads while the other displays ClickBank ads. According to the FAQ you are in fault.

Other than that ClickBank looks very interesting, except for it looks more as a personal enterprise than a sound organization. Well, that's of very little significance too since MS rootstock belongs to Bill's garage.

johncr, Nov 9, 2004 IP
  16. Vrindavan

Vrindavan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    >>if someone did this with CJ I'd be really interested in seeing how it does
    http://www.infograbber.net/

amazon adsense
    http://www.abettermall.com/tools/easyamazontoolbarsetup.aspx

more options about clickbank adsense
    http://8n.nu/clickbank/clickbank_affiliates_tools.htm

Vrindavan, Nov 17, 2004 IP
  17. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Mia, Nov 17, 2004 IP
  18. Vrindavan

Vrindavan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Jeremy Kinsey

which one are you talking about ?

i think they all work on IE

Vrindavan, Nov 17, 2004 IP
  19. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
  20. Drackox

Drackox Peon

Best Answers:
    I reciently posted somewhere else I think on this forum an alternative to adsense.

I have been insearch of a good alternative, and think Outbout Media ( http://www.outboutmedia.com ) seems like another service that provides contextual text ads just like google.

Lots of people get banned from google, because googles automated systems have guidelines. Even if the person is 100 percent legit, google still may ban an individual. Thus here is a simular service.

I hope this post helps people who are having trouble finding their alternative.

Drackox, Oct 14, 2006 IP