1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

XHTML: a question about its "standalone" thing (in the header)

Discussion in 'XML & RSS' started by tayiper, Jul 18, 2006.

I know that there is an option to add standalone='no' or standalone='yes' attribute in the XHTML document's header (uhm, or is it property in XML's case ??); AFAIK this is called DTD, but I am not sure if the last "D" stands for declaration or or definition. If you want to, see the example of the full code in my own home-site's source: http://tadej-ivan.50webs.com ...

Anyway, I am interested, does this applies to any "external files" (on which XHTML document depends), like for instance JavaScript scripts, CSS external style files etc., or just to XHTML-related ones, i.e. the external XML schemas ??

Oh and optionally for the problem that I had with understanding the basic principles of XML/XHTML (well, actually it was understanding XML schemas in particular), see the A XML related confusion; a theoretical question once again ... thread (of course, only if you are interested) that I've opened on Ars Technica forum back then.

P.S. -- Please note that I've posted this same topic in the "HTML & Website Design" part of DP-forums because I wasn't sure which one is the correct one !!

tayiper

tayiper, Jul 18, 2006 IP