1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A question about "standalone" in the XHTML header

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by tayiper, Jul 18, 2006.

There is an option of adding standalone='no' or standalone='yes' attribute in the XHTML document's header (uhm, or is it called property in XML); btw., as far as I know this part of it is called DTD, but I am not sure if the last "D" stands for declaration or definition. If you might be interested, see the example of the full code in my own home-site's source: http://tadej-ivan.50webs.com ...

Anyway, I am interested, does this applies to any "external files" (on which XHTML document depends), like for instance JavaScript scripts, CSS external style files etc., or just to XHTML-related ones, i.e. the external XML schemas ??

P.S. -- If you want to, please see the A XML related confusion; a theoretical question once again ... thread that I've opened on Ars Technica forum back then and in which I was trying to clarify my problems with the most basic XML-schema principle.

/NOTE: I've posted this same topic in the "Content Management" part of forums (sub-section: XML & RSS), since I wasn't sure which one is more appropriate.

tayiper

tayiper, Jul 18, 2006 IP
  2. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It has to do with your writing your own DTD. Since xhtml is seldom, if ever in most cases, served as application/xhtml+xml, it is moot. None of that stuff, including the xml prolog/declaration applies to html. So, forget it.

cheers,

gary

kk5st, Jul 18, 2006 IP