1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blocking All Access from RIPE Network Coordination Centre IPs

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by geej, Jul 18, 2006.

I want to block every person who's IP orginates from this Regional Internet Registry. I have had nothing but problems with persons, who IP originates from this system. They spam and create fake profiles. It's a living nightmare. I'm sick of it.

Any ideas on how I can completely block this?

geej, Jul 18, 2006 IP
  2. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    You would have to get the list of IP ranges controlled by RIPE and block those ranges. You do realize that by doing this you will be blocking almost all European and African users?

KLB, Jul 22, 2006 IP
  3. Namesniper

Namesniper Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed you will block two continets and will have to add tens thouzands of class C subnets to your black list

Namesniper, Jul 23, 2006 IP
  4. geej

geej Guest

Best Answers:
    I've had nothing but problems with persons from the RIPE Network. They create fake profiles, pay with stole credit cards, and spam my members through internal email. Plus post spam on message boards. I had to begin checking every IP address of those who registered, to make sure they were from these countries. I've never had anyone from RIPE network who was legit.

geej, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  5. classifieds

classifieds Sopchoppy Flash

Best Answers:
    classifieds, Jul 30, 2006 IP