1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Scammed by TasteDrop.com Dropcatching Software BEWARE Of Using This Product!

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Magawr, Nov 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Some of you may remember my previous signature promoting TheA1Forum.com in which I was very clearly stating that I wanted to create a forum where any kind of scamming I would have a zero tolerance policy towards.

I have now completely deleted that forum.

You may also remember from recent posts and threads of mine that I was promoting a new dropcatching service called TasteDrop - TasteDrop(dot)com

Unbeknown to me, the domains that I thought I was catching with this Domain Drop Catch Desktop Application, were not going to the Dynadot account that I thought that they should have been going to i.e. mine, instead, they were ending up in TasteDrops investment partners Dynadot account instead of mine.

I was absolutely assured that the domains that I was catching I would have full control over but this sadly was not the case.

I have literally hundreds of emails here to back up this case from the owner of TasteDrop himself.

This should be a warning, that online, despite months of indepth communications going back and forth, in putting a complete business package together, thinking that you are doing everything in a proper and upright manner, that it is still possible to get scammed and deceived.

The case in point concerns a domain which I caught myself. The owner of TasteDrop himself notified me with our close working relationship, that I had caught the domain successfully. Lo and behold, on checking immediately the Whois information, the domain is not in my Dynadot account at all, but is in someone elses account, a gentleman that I had never heard of before.

I was given by the full owner of TasteDrop full permission to access this Dynadot account belonging to this other person and was absolutely assured that everything was above board. Already, alarm bells were starting to ring. So, I decided to contact this person directly, that I had never heard about before, to inquire about the domain name that I had caught using the Dynadot Advanced API Desktop Dropcatching Application Software, that TasteDRop are presently promoting.

In a nutshell, I was told to get lost, that if I wanted the domain, I would have to put in a bid for it via Sedo.com - you may even have seen this domain being offered for sale by me - Reg-No.com

In the past few days, I have also advertised many other domain names for sale here on this forum. All of these were in this other persons Dynadot account and were not forwarded to my own Dynadot account as was the original promise. I have full documentation here to back all of this up to the hilt.

Personally, I feel rather embarrassed by this situation, allowing myself to be scammed like this and even more so, I feel absolutely terrible that under the best of intentions, I thought I was marketing these domains to other users here, whilst now I know from communications received, that none of the caught domains, I actually had any control of.

The whole situation is complicated, as things usually are when you have been caught out by very clever lies and deceit. I can only offer my most sincere apologies to everyone, that was showing an interest in those domain names which I thought I had full control over.

In this, there is a warning and a lesson to be learned I guess.

It would be very unwise in my considered opinion to be taken in by and to use the TasteDrop Drop Catch Domain Catching Software or to have absolutely anything to do with that business. If you do so, you may too run the risk of spending hours upon hours researching, looking for half decent drops, you apply them to your Desktop Dropcatcher and whilst you naturally assume that the domains will go to your account, instead they end up in another Dynadot domain account altogether, which belongs to TasteDrops investment partner.

I do feel as though I've been made a fool out of and to say I'm not altogether very happy about the situation, is a rather mild understatement, in fact I am absolutely fuming about the matter. It feels as though I have been deceived in a very underhanded manner indeed.

Again, I cannot reiterate the point strongly enough, use TasteDrop(dot)com entirely at your own risk!

In my opinion this online business should be avoided like the plague.

Dynadot, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that company at all, I am sure that they are quite unaware of that which has transpired, although I will of course be letting them know in due course. This point is important, there is absolutely no suggestion whatsoever, in any way, shape or form that Dynadot were party to this. The entire blame for this rests solely at the owner of TasteDrop who it is apparent now, was deceiving me all along.

Keywords: Domain Drop Catch, Bulk Register, Domain Robot, Taste Domains, TasteDrop, Dynadot Desktop Application

Magawr, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  2. Electric-Shadow

Electric-Shadow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Sorry to hear about that, this is technically theft however as you are paying for a domain you were never going to get, mayb have a mull over their TOS and see if it says anything about the ordering process etc. I would report this to the FBI tbh as it's fraud, they are selling you something they say you will get but you don't and that is A) misleading advertising and B) fraud.

Here in the uk at least misleading advertising would get a company into big trouble.

Electric-Shadow, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  3. microguy

microguy Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear about this, I hope you guys get everything work out.

microguy, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  4. JH3

JH3 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you knew anything about how the Dynadot API worked then you would know what you wrote is a crock of bull.

Each API is associated with a Dynadot account. If this was "YOUR" account then it would be "YOUR" API code and the domains would go into "YOUR" account for management.

Clearly you didn't pay for these domains as the funds were being taken out of the account the API belonged to.

JH3, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  5. Magawr

Magawr Peon

Best Answers:
    I was invited to work with TasteDrop as a domain consultant, specifically to help new members get on their feet and to learn the ropes and also to help them with their online marketing and promotion. Money was discussed in terms of a partnership deal, with a certain percentage going both ways.

The API number I raised this point myself after being assured that I had full control over my own drops that I was catching whilst using it for a few days, to test this system out.

However, upon checking the Whois information after I supposedly caught the domains, I instantly saw that they were appearing in a third parties Dynadot account and not one that I had control over.

I contacted thiis person and was told immediately that if I wanted my higher value drops back in my account, then I would have to go to Sedo.com and to pay for them there.

This is the content I have just sent to another lady who posts on NamePros who herself has signed up to this service, about what I suspect very strongly is going on here:

Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 5:54 PM
    subject Re: TasteDrop.com I work with Dan and he's asked me to help you
    mailed-by googlemail.com

hide details 5:54 PM (16 minutes ago)

Do I believe this was some sort of mistake? No, is the short answer to that.

Yes, I am that poster at DP.

What I suspect is that it is obvious that the more API's which are hammering away at the registry for dropping domain names, the greater the chances are that the software used, in this case, TasteDrop will be successful in acquiring any one domain name.

No-one would think to question if a domain which they had submitted into the dropcatcher that they are using was not successful, they would just naturally assume that that's the way it is sometimes.

What I think Dan of TasteDrop.com is doing, is getting people, like you to pay for his 'service', because the more people that he can get to sign up, the easier it makes his own job, by giving him the best possible chance of securing high value drops. These drops, based on your own research and time put in, rather than going to your own account, are instead caught successfully, but rather than them ending up in your own dynadot account, they are instead transferred to his domain 'investors' account.

In other words he gets other people to do all of the hard work for him, in finding the better domains, that are worth money, you think, oh well, it didn't get that domain, but in fact your API on your desktop did it, but rather than it going to your own Dynadot account, it instead gets transferred to his investment partners account.

This is exactly what happened to me and I caught him doing it. The domains in question, were two potential higher value domain names. One was MusicalStatues.com which as you know is a very popular childrens game, the other was Reg-No.com which in the UK stands for Registration Number (U.S. License Plates). Here in the UK for a few decades now, you can buy cherished personalised number plates for your car and these change hands often, for many hundreds and in lots of cases many thousands of pounds. For example, a famous snooker player has Pot1 which is a legal number / car license plate in the UK. The Reg-No.com (registration number) domain name was worth in my opinion, quite a lot of money.

Whether it was a mistake or not I do not know, but I was notified first that I had been successful in acquiring these two domain names, so I instantly carried out a Whois.sc check to find out for certain that the domains were registered in my name. The point is that they were not and were registered to one Jared Davies of Pennsylvania USA instead. Interestingly enough, although the privacy information for these two domains was turned OFF only 36 hours or so ago, it is now turned ON to protect the privacy of this individual, who it turned out was TasteDrops very own domain investment partners.

I had written to this guy immediately to find out what was going on and why I did not have the domains in my own account - what were they doing in his account I wanted to know. I was told that possession is 9 tenths of the law and that there was absolutely nothing I could do to have these domains back in my name, unless I submitted a bid at Sedo.com for them. I have the emails here to prove this.

There is certainly something very dodgy going on here and I personally would advise extreme caution with dealing with this supposed online business, which on the face of it, has been set up to put more power back into the hands of the smaller domainer. In essence the more API's that TasteDrop can sell, upon which they make money too, the greater the likelihood there is of good domains being snagged. You assume that you were not successful without knowing that your research and API were in fact successful in getting the domain/s. Instead of these selected higher value domains going to your account, they are syphoned off to TasteDrops Dynadot account instead, set up in a third parties name. This third party then markets the domains which should have by rights been yours to keep, since this is exactly what you have paid for the service to do, on your behalf. Lower value domains are pushed to your account still, which gives you a false hope of security that the drop catching software does actually work with a degree of success, which keeps you naturally, hooked into using it more often, in the hope of getting a higher value drop.

I also know for a fact that it is impossible using TasteDrop to drop catch any quality premium four letter .com's (LLLL.com) domains, as TasteDrop are using their own raw custom scripts in the background for getting these domain names. When I first learned of this, my immediate concern was that this did not give everyone a fair chance of acquiring these domains and that it represented a conflict of interest if the TasteDrop concept founder was using more powerful tools in the background. The reason he does this is because he has been offered a set sum of money for every one of these LLLL.com domain names caught via BuyDomains.com - no one else stands a reasonable chance of securing for themselves any quality LLLL.com domains.

So, how do I know all of this. I was invited a couple of months ago to work for this 'company' as a domain consultant and specifically, I was to be in charge of promoting them and marketing them. Money etc has been discussed a few times with full details of my compensation package. I thought I was going to be working with a fully legitimate online business, but as it turns out, from testing the Dynadot Desktop Application myself, the best domains that I caught, were not ending up under my control at all. When I complained very strongly about this, soon afterwards the communications received were rude, telling me that I had no right to go behind the founders back etc and yesterday, I was in effect, sacked for bringing this to light.

My sole intention now is to warn others to steer clear of this service full stop and I will be pulling out every stop possible to make sure that word gets out about exactly what they are up to.

I hope this goes someway towards clearing up any questions in your mind about using TasteDrop.com in the future.

Best regards.

Mark

Here is the communication between Dan of TasteDrop.com and this 'third party' supposed business 'investor'.

**red@davisbrands.com>
    to Mark **glandvillages@googlemail.com>
    date Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 9:42 PM
    subject Re: Jared it's Mark here. Dan's partner of TasteDrop.com

hide details 9:42 PM (20 hours ago)

Mark,

I will be listing the domains at Sedo this week, aside from reg-no which I am negotiating with a UK car registration company for the sale.

Feel free to place a bid at sedo.

Regards,

Jared Davis

Mar<engl**andvillages@googlemail.com>
    to **red davis <**red@davisbrands.com>
    date Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 12:17 AM
    mailed-by googlemail.com

hide details 12:17 AM (18 hours ago)

Dear Jared

Thank you for getting back to me.

I did however make it absolutely categorically clear with Dan though that I was catching Reg-No.com for myself and that this domain in particular was not to be sold and was to be transferred to my own Dynadot account asap.

I have the emails here where he was/is in full agreement about this.

I'm asking you to transfer this domain to my account forthwith please. I can't say that I am altogether very happy to read that you have been negotiating for the sale of this domain to another company, I have made it absolutely abundantly clear with Dan that this domain was for myself and I've bought this matter up with him a few times and I have his full agreement that the domain belongs solely to myself.

Please get back to me upon this matter at your earliest convenience.

Regards

Mark

To Dan of TasteDrop.com

Mark <**glandvillages@googlemail.com>
    to Dan ******* <wwwexpron@gmail.com>
    date Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 12:21 AM
    mailed-by googlemail.com

hide details 12:21 AM (17 hours ago)

I call your attention to the following matter Dan, which I am not altogether at all happy about.

I have made it abundantly clear to you that I wanted this domain for myself, right from the very start, now I read that Jared has been negotiating for it's sale to a UK car registration company.

If I am to understand his email which you can read below, he is saying that he will be listing the domain/s at Sedo and I am welcome to leave a bid upon it/them.

Get back to me please, this matter needs sorting out.

Mark

jared ***** <**red@davisbrands.com>
    to Mark ***** <**glandvillages@googlemail.com>
    date Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 12:27 AM

hide details 12:27 AM (17 hours ago)

Mark,

Once again, it will go to Sedo if i cannot sell the domain I will split all proceeds 50-50% with Dan per the agreement I have with him. You are more than welcome to bid on the domain at Sedo.

... Communication with me and trying to convince me of your plight is totally useless.

Regards,

Jared

Dan ******** <wwwexpron@gmail.com>
    to Mark <**glandvillages@googlemail.com>
    cc
    date Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 2:44 AM
    mailed-by gmail.com
    signed-by gmail.com

hide details 2:44 AM (15 hours ago)

Mark,

I'm sorry to inform you that you will no longer be part of any of my sites. Your going behind my back to contact someone behing my back was uncalled for. Any partnerships we discussed are now null & void. We were exploring possibilities, nothing was written in stone.

The domains in Jared's account will probably be deleted. He has full ownership of the domains as they are in his account.

Please don't make this any harder than it is. I will not reply to anymore of your emails or gmail conversations.

To say I am very dissapointed in your Mark would be the least.

Good luck to you & your endevors.

Dan

Magawr, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  6. JH3

JH3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Provide me with exact details.

1. Dan let you use a desktop api script with a prefunded account to test out the script.
    2. The domains were registered with Jared's money and not yours.
    3. You contacted Jared to get the domains pushed into your account.
    4. Did you offer him payment for these domains?
    5. Jared said "no"?

Please lay out the order in which everything happened.

JH3, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  7. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The allegations by the OP are completely untrue. As I have dealt with Dan the owner on many many occasions. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about this thread then please go to TasteDrop and contact the owner. If you need his username then PM me and I will send it to you. The person is real, legit, and the service is excellent!

FPForum, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  8. Magawr

Magawr Peon

Best Answers:
    To the poster telling me to write everything out exactly for his benefit, are you my lawyer? No, I don't think you are.

So you are calling me a liar? You are saying that just for the hell of it, I made this up out of thin air? Is that honestly what you are intimating?

:rolleyes:

Why don't you crawl back to Namepros and carry on attacking me over there?

Oh that's right, if anyone feels honestly that they have been scammed and they choose to write about it, suddenly out of the woodwork comes every little insect possible, to cast aspersions upon the character making said complaint, in an effort to shut them up or subdue them into silence.

Mark turns around and points at his arse.

Magawr, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  9. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Firstly, check your English. I'm not saying if you were scammed not to speak up and warn others about it, but from what I have read and understand that wasn't the case here. The case is more along the lines of you didn't know what you were doing, you didn't know how the system works, and now you are crying about it. You didn't spend a single penny of your own money when you were using the service so what did you think? These names were going to magically appear in your account and the investors money that you did use to catch the name is going to sit back and assume you would pay him for whatever you caught?

It also sounds like you do not have much common sense over the dynadot API key in the first place.

My suggestion would be to learn a little about the API and what an "API Key" is, how it works..etc. before jumping into any drop catchers

I don't like reading your post's bashing a business and calling it a scam when that is not the case. Your post may impact someones decision on using TasteDrop which is a honest website and many others on NP have backed that up. I'm not your lawyer but I feel like your dad having to sit here and put you in place. :lol:

FPForum, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  10. davisbrands

davisbrands Peon

Best Answers:
    I am indeed the investor who's account was used to purchase the domains.

What we have here is a guy who fronted no $$$, yet wanted to use my $$$ to capture domains. It would seem to any reasonably intelligent person with an IQ on the north side of 80 that most people would not let you go through $100+ a day in registrations and then push you the domains for the same fee. Call me crazy, but taking 100% of the financial risk for at best a 0% return is not in my best interest.

Does anyone not find it odd that this man, who in his emails to me made it a point to tell me how "honest" he was over and over and over didnt have his own dynadot account with his own funds? Was he going to offer me the .20c deletion fee?? Of course NOT! Why would he when he could use my $$$ to take a shot at domains he couldnt afford to catch on his own.

I have worked with Dan for the past 6 months, and communicated with him for over two years. He has been 100% honest and transparent with his business dealings with me and has went above and beyond to make sure I had a good experience investing with his product. To say anything to the contrary is unfounded and slander.

davisbrands, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  11. Magawr

Magawr Peon

Best Answers:
    Since you do not know diddly fat squat about any of the arrangements which were in place by agreement and I was working directly as a direct partner of TasteDrop, your opinions are pretty much up the spout sunshine.

The bottom line is that I was scammed out of domains which rightfully belonged to myself and these were fraudulently taken from me.

I have hereby exercised my right to talk and speak out about my experience and my own decision to leave this business well alone and I will continue to warn others not to use them also.

As for putting me in my place, who the flying hell are you anyway? Furthermore, does it matter?

Now run along like a good little boy and stick your nose into someone elses business for this matter does not actually concern you in the slightest.

Magawr, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  12. JH3

JH3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe we can get a Mod to close this down since it is clearly not a scam.

Mark here is clueless about a lot of things.

JH3, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  13. Magawr

Magawr Peon

Best Answers:
    It would be if it were true actually be libel and not slander. Slander is the spoken word of untruth and libel the written word of untruth.

1 post to your name and in you pop, very interesting.

Dan, of TasteDrop fyi made it extremely clear to me that the API application that I was using, that the domains that I was acquiring, I would have full control over.

However, the domains it transpired were instead being transferred to your account, rendering any control that I thought that I had over them, completely inoperable.

I was not even aware of you until I did a Whois check on the domains that I had caught and found that the domains which I had caught were in fact, ending up in your account.

Dan was assuring me that he had everything under control and that I did have control myself of these domain names in question, although this blatantly was not the case. I have many emails here from him directly that back this up fully. He used the expression, 'our account' many, many times, inferring that the account belonged solely to himself and myself. It was with some astonishment that I discovered that the domains were not going to 'our' account at all, but were in fact disappearing into your account, a person who untill the Whois check of a couple of days ago, I had absolutely no previous knowledge of. In a nutshell, Dan was lying through his back teeth, saying that the domains were going into our account i.e. his and mine, when in fact they were heading off into your account without my previous knowledge.

You claimed via email that Dan had offered you a 50/50% share on the profits of any domain name. Dan, in writing offered me exactly the same deal, a 50/50% split of the profits, so it is apparent that whichever way you look at it, Dan was swindling someone, somewhere and not being completely honest and upfront about all of this.

My direct role within TasteDrop as a partner was for marketing and promoting the service as the emails here testify and also to help new Gold membership individuals with their domain drop catching. My payment for my huge number of hours put into this, in the initial stages of setting up TasteDrop was no money up front for the domain acquisitions.

I will take my hat off to you guys, for organizing a very clever way to utilize my time and experience and knowledge of domain names for your own profitable ends, but did you honestly think that I wouldn't start putting two and two together, as mistakes along the way rang in my mind, alarm bells?

You both took me for a fool, and your present style of communication carries on reflecting this position. Well, if you honestly think that you can take me for a ride like that, I'll tell you now boy, you've got another think coming.

Magawr, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  14. JH3

JH3 Peon

Best Answers:
    What knowledge do you even have as a domainer that would make you think your time was worth a dollar much less the 20 or so domain names you grabbed the first day using the tool? You have a 20 feedback here and only 9 posts at NP. Do you have have an account at DNF?

You are a newb, seriously.

JH3, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  15. Magawr

Magawr Peon

Best Answers:
    Your posts have been reported here to the mods for harassment.

I don't know who the dickens you are and quite frankly, I couldn't really care less since you have absolutely nothing to do with this matter in the slightest. You were not a partner of TasteDrop and would not be in any position to know the inside full details.

Yes I have a lifetime membership at DNF and no I do not only have 9 posts to my name here at DP.

Please, whatever planet you are on, skip along there will you and stop posting your silly rubbish which is not making any sense at all.

Magawr, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  16. JH3

JH3 Peon

Best Answers:
    You are incorrect, I am behind TD, I am also an admin of the forums at expron that you frequient. A lot of Dan's ideas came from me and him hashing out things late at night over MSN messenger.

I am the first person Dan ever sold a copy of the dynadot drop catcher to. You really should study up.

I also seen the crap list of domains you registered with the drop catcher like dogclinic.net....

JH3, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  17. Magawr

Magawr Peon

Best Answers:
    So how many 50/50 deal partnerships does Dan have going on here? There's Jason, DavisBrands, you and until a day or so ago, me and yet you are all claiming or trying to claim that I am in some way, a wet behind the ears half wit, pray tell me, if I'm as thick as you are trying to make me out to be, why would Dan invite me into be a full partner in the first place eh?

Sure, that makes business sense, let's involve a complete thicko into our business, yeah, right on boy, that makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

Any domains that were caught, as Dan's own partner, these domains were put before Dan first, for his ultimate approval, he had in actual fact the last say, on which ones were registered, except for the domains which were totally for my own use. I was assured that these domains, I would have complete control over, when patently, this was not the case.

Now, believe you me, although I do have better things to do with my time than write to you all night long, I can and will if pushed continue to write here until the cows come home.

I don't care, every reply here will extract from me a more lengthy reply back again concerning what I believe now to be this TasteDrop scam - as far as I'm concerned the more people that get to see this at the top of the forum, the better, for it will via the search engines, get word out.

So, in the future, if anyone posts an honest TasteDrop review and writes in the negative sense regarding feedback on this product, are you all going to pile in clamouring to shut that person up, to shout their words down, or will you be allowing honest TasteDrop reviews to be posted up, without fear of those same said posters, being attacked for their opinions?

Magawr, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  18. JH3

JH3 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am Jason.

P.S. So far all you have done is increase our business with this post.

JH3, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  19. Magawr

Magawr Peon

Best Answers:
    So what?

I am Mark.

Magawr, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  20. JH3

JH3 Peon

Best Answers:
    You referred to me as 2 different people. I have always been behind TD and you have not. You seriously have no clue what you are talking about.

Good luck to you Mark, whatever you end up doing.

Dynadot desktop api is available for $70. You must have bulk pricing enabled on your account to use the tool. PM me if interested.

JH3, Nov 3, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.