1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Phone Verification Issue

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by fm1234, Oct 29, 2008.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have tried to contact Google repeatedly and just keep getting canned responses telling me to search the knowledge base or ask on the AdSense forum. I see one or two people at the AS forum with the same thing, but have not yet found anyone who has actually been able to fix the problem.

I got an e-mail from Google saying that my AdSense account needed to be phone verified. I don't even think that this is true, but ok, assuming it is, I went to go through the process of phone verification. Unfortunately, the link in the mail I got did not actually take me to phone verification. When I log into my AdSense account I see a warning box which informs me that my account needs to be phone verified, and tells me to click on the "Required Actions" button on my payment history page. No such button exists.

This goes on for a while -- me getting repeated warnings from Google about my lack of phone verification, me going to the account and not finding any way to actually do the verification, and then any message I send to Google on the matter getting a non-response from them referring me to the kb and forum.

So now all of my sites that have AdSense on them are showing PSAs because of my "failure to phone verify." I've gone every route conceivable to try to do this, to no avail, and get absolutely zero account-specific feedback from Google.

As I mentioned, I've seen a couple of other people on the official AS forum that have had this problem, but can't find anyone who can confirm that they were able to get it fixed. AdSense is not a serious source of revenue for me and hasn't been for a couple of years, so it's not a huge deal if for some reason I can't fix this, but it's an annoyance to have to go back and find a replacement rev source and implement it on over a hundred sites. If anyone has had this problem and actually been able to fix it I would welcome any insight.

Frank

fm1234, Oct 29, 2008 IP
  2. Nonny

Nonny Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, this is the official "help" file on Phone Verification:
    https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=32055

Are you positive you are looking in the right place for the verification link? I ask because the google help file does not indicate that the "Required Actions" link is on the payment history page, just under account settings.
    Although this Adsense blog post does indicate it's on your Payment History page, so who knows.
    http://adsense.blogspot.com/2007/05/verifying-your-phone-number.html

Nonny, Oct 29, 2008 IP
  3. fm1234

fm1234 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your help, but you're underscoring the problem: the "help" page, the e-mails I get from AdSense, and info in my own AS account all say different things. The bit about a Required Actions tab actually shows up when I log into AdSense -- I mean, that's the first thing I see ("Click on the 'Required Actions' tab on your Payment History page.") There's no such tab. As of today, all my AdSense sites are fubard, I've lost close to two grand in income and am still looking for a replacement for AS on my sites. I haven't even bothered putting any more effort into fixing this issue with Google, since every single attempt to contact them gets an identical response and last I checked the AS help forum all I saw were people having the same issue but no one with a solution.

Frank

fm1234, Nov 7, 2008 IP