1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Can You increase Adsense CTR

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by 010081, Jul 13, 2006.

Saw many articles, suggestions tips and i finally learned much more about it finally want you guys to share it here is what i learned

How To Increase Your AdSense CTR ?????????

1. Make Your Ads Look Less Like Ads

The basic goal of this article is to make your AdSense ads look less like ads,and more like content on your page. It has the second goal of putting the ads exactly where they need to be to draw the most clicks.The AdSense publisher's problem is that the typical Internet surfer is "Ads blindness" People automatically overlook anything that looks like an advertisement because of being bombarded with ads all the time.

It's not that they aren't interested in what the advertiser has to offer. With AdSense you know that they are interested most of the time, since the ads shown are related to the content of the page. The fact that the visitor clicks on the ad is an expression of their interest in whatever that ad has to offer.What we have to focus is not hiding the fact that the links are ads, but putting the ads on the page in such a way that they are not overlooked by the visitor.Google makes it very clear that the links are ads by placing their "ads by Google"link in the ad block.To get more clicks, you got to get your visitors to notice the ads by putting them in the right place and making them look less like traditional web advertising.

2.Use the Best Ad Format

Average CTR by Ad Format

Format --- -- CTR
    336 x 280 - 7.46%
    300 x 250 - 5.58%
    728 x 90 - 3.16%
    120 x 240 - 2.99%
    160 x 600 - 2.44%
    120 x 600 - 1.33%
    468 x 60 - - 0.53%

The above table makes it very clear which ad format you should be using. The 336 x 280 large rectangle receives the highest click through rate by far. It is followed by the 300 x 250 small rectangle, and then the CTR really starts to drop off from there.The reason that these two formats do better than the others depends on which format you compare them to. The 468 x 60 banner clearly is the worst victim of Ads Blindness. Again, Ads blindness is the fact that most Internet users today are so used to seeing advertisements that anything appearing in the shape of the popular adsformat,The 728 x 90 suffers less from this phenomenon, but it suffers just the same.
    The thin and tall formats (120 x 240, 160 x 600 and 120 x 600) get a lower CTR because they usually don't fit well anywhere except on the right or left sides of a page.But the right and left sides of a web page are usually reserved for navigation and smaller advertisements. The real meat of any web page is in the center of the page.So while these formats are not bad in themselves, the typical positioning of them gives them a lower CTR.You should be using the 336 x 280 large rectangle format, or if you don't have room for that, use the 300 x 250.

3.Choose the Best Colors For Your Ad Blocks

Most new AdSense publishers have read that making the border color and the background of your AdSense ad blocks match the web page on which the ads will appear will improve your CTR. This is generally true (but not always). As a general rule of thumb you will see an increase in CTR by making your ad background and border colors the same as the background of your web page. So, for example, if the background of your pages is white, make the border and background of your AdSense ads white as well. If your page background is green,make the border and background of your AdSense ads green. The reason for this is that it blends the ads in with your site so they don't seems like advertisement! If ads seems out that they are ads, people will not look at them out of Ads blindness. But if you blend the ads with the page, people will look at them, be interested, and click.
    Two additions to the above which you may not already be aware of:
    1) The statistics show that using the standard blue link color works best.
    2) You should make the color of the advertiser's url a color that does not stand odds on the page Both of these steps make your ads look less like ads, thereby increasing your CTR.

4.Managing Ads Color With content color

This will really increase your CTR is to make all of the links in the content portion of your page except the AdSense ad links a color that is:
    1) Not the traditional blue link color
    2) That is not as bright and noticeable as the traditional blue (dark green is a good one). If you do this you will notice that the AdSense links are very, very easily noticed on the page, so they catch the attention of your visitors right away. Placed in the appropriate position on the page.However, keep your navigation links the same color as your AdSense ad links,because you want your AdLinks to blend in and look like site navigation.Make the border and background colors of your ads match the background color of the web page on which the ads will appear

5. Position the Ad Blocks Properly

The location of the AdSense ads drastically effects the CTR. You don't want your ads on the right or left sides of the page (a location often used by new AdSense publishers). You want them as close to the top and middle of the page as possible.This is true because the center of a web page is where Internet users have been conditioned to look for the content.The majority of informational sites layout their pages with their header across the top of the page, the navigation down the left, the content in the center and perhaps more navigation or advertising down the right. Anything located outside of the content box is often overlooked or ignored.This is especially true of people who found the page by using a search engine for a specific set of keywords. They want the answer to their question or a solution to their
    problem only, and are not interested in browsing or anything else.

You want to place one large rectangle ad block just above your content, be that the top of the center column or on the top of the left hand side of the page. So, for example, if you have an information website about affiliates and you have an article reviewing the latest affiliates programs then put one large rectangle ad block just above the
    start of the article text (but below the article title).Putting one large rectangle block below the content title on the page helps draw the visitor into clicking the ad. Once they've read the title of the article, the next thing they see are the ads, which they immediately associate with the content and are thereby induced to click which is exactly what you want!
    Google now allows you to show 3 ad blocks, and you want to take advantage of that. The other place you must put an ad block is at the end of the content, right after the article.The reason is that if the visitor has read the article completely, it is very likely that they will be interested in ads pertaining to that article. This is especially true of content which is a review of a product or service.So the top ad block catches those who are interested in products and services now, and the bottom ad catches those were wanting some education but are now convinced that it's time to look further.
    But you get a third ad block to use, and if you aren't afraid of cluttering your page with ads (and that is a valid concern for some), you want to take advantage of it. If your content is long enough, put the third ad block inside the content, and make your content wrap around it. This way you catch the visitors who get bored with the article. Maybe at first it held their attention, but they read all they care to read or were convinced early on and are ready to move on now. Put your ad block about half way into the text of the content so that you can give those visitors a place to click away from your site, a place that will make you money.

Finally, there is the AdLink ads. In addition to the three ad blocks, you can place one set of AdLinks on your page. If your navigation is in the left hand column of your site, put the 5-link AdLinks block above your navigation in whatever size makes it fit in well (200 x 90, 180 x 90, 160 x 90 or 120 x 90). That way the AdLinks links actually like navigation on your site, and it induces people to click. If your navigation goes across the top of your page, use the wide AdLinks (728 x 15 or 468 x 15).Once users are done with the content, if they haven't already clicked away on one of your rectangle ad blocks, chances are they are looking for more information, and so they turn to the navigation on your site to see what else you have to offer. Provide navigation in the form of Ad Links and you will see your CTR rise.

I hope This Article Made You More Clear How To Increase Adsense CTR

More Can Be Found At http://www.ktmonline.com

010081, Jul 13, 2006 IP
  2. ChildeRoland

ChildeRoland Peon

Best Answers:
    spamming forums again eh? I think I've seen you post this on a couple other forums before including this one.

ChildeRoland, Jul 13, 2006 IP
  3. my44

my44 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing dude. Anyway, I do plan to try out new design with ONLY 120 x 600 skycraper running down the right-hand side of the page. I have pretty low CPC so I need to reduce the number of ads that appear so that the best-paying ads will compete.

Not sure how the CTR will be like though. My aim now is to improve my income-per-click, not CTR, because my CTR is high enough actually.

my44, Jul 13, 2006 IP
  4. 010081

010081 Banned

Best Answers:
    dude can you please include other forum where i have spammed this please i would really like to know i bet i'll give you $100 reward com'on

010081, Jul 13, 2006 IP
  5. Art

Art Peon

Best Answers:
    Move that to the left and it'll increase your CTR wickedly.

Art, Jul 13, 2006 IP
  6. my44

my44 Peon

Best Answers:
    Seriously? I thought people and mouse movement will snarl from left to right, then right to down. Did I miss anything?

Anyway, I'm too far halfway in the new design though. Changing will be a, well, b**ch LOL.

my44, Jul 13, 2006 IP
  7. M A Kay

M A Kay Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, thank you for your suggestion. But, is it still relevant?

M A Kay, Jun 8, 2010 IP
  8. aeroz1

aeroz1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The more the AdSense looks like part of your site, the higher CTR you will get.

A very effective method I've used in a few web sites is making a link directory and placing a large 336 x 280 rectangle without borders and with the same background of your page on top of the links included on every category.

Of course it wouldn't work with the current structure of your new links directory. But maybe you can try the 468 x 60 banner instead, placed inside one of the links' divs on top of all the rest.

Hope the advice helps.

aeroz1, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  9. aeroz1

aeroz1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is the first part of two series of articles about How to Increase Your Google Adsense CTR. Many people think that they just have to copy and paste Google Adsense code into their website and start earning a huge amount of money from it. What a huge mistake! I also thought the same way two years ago. Later I realized that without optimization, that's impossible. Here I will share all of the tricks to increase my Google Adsense CTR that I found within the last two years.

aeroz1, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  10. sdas

sdas Peon

Best Answers:
    I am aiming to improve CTR as well as income per click. It is not easy. :( Thanks for sharing.

sdas, Oct 7, 2011 IP
  11. webdekho

webdekho Peon

Best Answers:
    All people suggesting different things. I don't know which one to believe.

webdekho, Oct 11, 2011 IP
  12. personalbali

personalbali Peon

Best Answers:
    Increasing blog traffic is one way to increase our adsense earnings.

personalbali, Oct 12, 2011 IP
  13. RAVI63

RAVI63 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks bro

RAVI63, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  14. kbd-eel

kbd-eel Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the great tips.. but you have not spoken of image/rich media ads. these people use image ads. I am also using it . in fact, i have put adsense on three of blogs both in the form of text ads and image ads but to my pain, none of them is getting clicks. i am concerned a bit still working hard. I have put ads in content using large blocks. though the blog is relatively new still i should get at least a few clicks everyday but i am not.. any suggestion for this.?

kbd-eel, Dec 29, 2011 IP
  15. fancy1594

fancy1594 Peon

Best Answers:
    his domain is on sale, his tips is good, you should read. I think this is a spam but good for newbie

fancy1594, Dec 31, 2011 IP
  16. tbucks

tbucks Member

Best Answers:
    Nice discussion here. I've just started Adsense 2 months ago and I need many info and tips at this forum.

tbucks, Jan 5, 2012 IP
  17. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this tips. I currently use Adsense on a Blogger blog and have 366X280 after each post. I have 3 posts on a page. Is this a good format or should I put an ad before the post. Its says that we are limited to 3 ads per page.

gvannorman, Jan 5, 2012 IP
  18. jimmyperkins35

jimmyperkins35 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is quite an old post, yet it summarizes one thing for sure, that to get proper earning from adsense, we must have a proper structure, and we must clearly have a separation of our site's content from the ads. This dixtinction is quite necessary, cause, Google thinks its fraudulent to make Ads look like as if they were part of the content.

jimmyperkins35, Jan 5, 2012 IP