1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A confusion regarding the number of allowed ads

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by tayiper, Jul 1, 2006.

As far as I remember from reading the TOS and other AdSense related rules, there is a maximum of three ad-units (or mabye it's ads, meaning three Text Ads type of ads and this is the cause of my confusion, please read on) that are permitted to be displayed on a single web-page, i.e. I've always imagined that this means maximally three ad-units together, meaning for instance, two Text Ads and one Link Unit, Text Ads and one AdSense Referral, two Link Units and one Text Ad (or one AdSense Referral button instead of Text Ad), one Text Ad, one Link Unit, and one AdSense for Search Unit etc., you hopefully got the pucture ...

But then when I was off-line and I refreshed the http://www.senserely.com front-page, I saw that there were four "empty boxes" on it (meaning four ad-units altogether), and so I visited one of the "how does it work" or "FAQ" pages on Senserely site and read that "3 AdSense, 1 Adlink, 1 Google Search and all Google Referrals" are allowed per page, while additionally I also asked James, the webmaster of that site, and he explained to me that the number three in that rule, is only meant for Text Ad type of ads, not three units in general (i.e. three units in full, nomather what type of ad)

So for example, if that's true, I could use three ads of Text Ads type, one Link Unit, one and one Search Unit (or even two, I forgot that part of rule, or at least I am not sure for it) type of ads ??

P.S. -- Of course, James' answer was well enough and I fully trust him, but I am a kind of guy that always rather gets a second opinon; especially in cases like this !!

thanks, tayiper

tayiper, Jul 1, 2006 IP
  2. anurag_online

anurag_online Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One ad unit means a full ad bar or banner say 486x60 ad unit. You can place upto three of these type of units. all can be different. Other than that 1 adlink unit, 2 search boxes and 1 link per refferal can be added.

anurag_online, Jul 2, 2006 IP
  3. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    I didnt understand what you are asking.
    As per my knowledge, 3 ad units (banner, tower, laderbox, half bannner, any kind..), 1 link unit, 1 product referal for each product(up to max 4), 2 search boxes are allowed on one page.

The Webmaster, Jul 2, 2006 IP
  4. Jenstar

Jenstar Active Member

Best Answers:
    TheWebmaster is correct, and the Senserely site you referenced has incorrect information on the limits. There is a limit on how many referrals per page, only one referral product per page, and up to 4 products. And you can have two search boxes on a page, not one like Senserely states.

Jenstar, Jul 9, 2006 IP
  5. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    This page was about where will your adsense id be displayed, so I said 1 google search because there was only 1 google search at the time on my pages (now 2 on some pages) and all google referral, I meant all google referral on Senserely.com's pages.

Now I've changed the wording:
    3 AdSense, 1 Adlink, 1 or 2 Google Search and all (4) Google Referrals

It was this page:
    http://www.senserely.com/how-does-it-work.php

JamesColin, Jul 10, 2006 IP
  6. Jenstar

Jenstar Active Member

Best Answers:
    They have allowed two search boxes since September 2004, a few months after AFS launched.

Also, there are five referral products, not just four. Google Pack is the fifth, but only available to publishers in the US.

Jenstar, Jul 10, 2006 IP