1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should Google Audit Invalid Clicks?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by adwordaffiliate, Jun 27, 2006.

Should Google take a leaf out of Chitika's book and audit invalid clicks? Or would that just mean that the publishers who actually make the big bucks lose out on some revenue....

Thoughts? :cool:

adwordaffiliate, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  2. amnezia

amnezia Peon

Best Answers:
    well they do audit invalid clicks.

amnezia, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  3. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's why Google bans publishers for invalid clicks

Tyler Banfield, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  4. adwordaffiliate

adwordaffiliate Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was more implying an audit like Chitika does at the end of month, by simply removing revenue from clicks that were invalid instead of banning publishers outright :)

adwordaffiliate, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  5. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    They do...
    Yesterday i jumped from 4 to 30 clicks in one hour with no traffic increase.
    Someone try to ckick bomb me and Google detect as click fraud and i didn't receive any money for those clicks.

Jarodboy, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  6. currenz

currenz Peon

Best Answers:
    it happened to me too... clicks with no earnings

currenz, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  7. Endurer

Endurer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But still, they are suspending accounts of well known publishers here at DP.

Endurer, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  8. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well known publisherS, or A well known publisher? Hopefully that's all a mixup that will get worked out.

I was click-bombed once, G discarded the clicks and everyone was happy. I think (i hope) that all of these other "i got banned for no reason" threads (mostly by users with 1-10 posts under their belt) actually ARE for a reason.

I still have faith in G ..

Tearabite, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  9. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    NO.

If they keep auditing all invalid clicks , it will give a chance to fraudsters to overcome their fraud-detecting system by trial and error.

If a fraudster is determined to get past Google's detection system, he will keep making invalid clicks by different methods till Google actually cant detect them. Even if he were banned he will get himself a new account and carry on with his experimentation till he finds a way to fool Google's system.

It is in the best interests of Google and all people associated with it that it directly bans accounts without explainations.

Of course they dont count more than 2-3 clicks coming from same IP address , but there are lot of other factors involved in fraud detection than just IP addresses.

sachin410, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  10. Endurer

Endurer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was refering to Expertu. :)

Yes, most of the times they have an excuse like "my friend was trying to help me" or "my 3 years old nephew was playing with the mouse". Oh yes, they claim to be honest too. Infact, they never even opened their own sites, fearing that it's a TOS violation.

I, for myself have experienced G discarding it at their end. Once back in January 2005 I saw an unusual acitivity in the logs and reported it to G immediately. I'm still doing business with Adsense and it's been 2+ years now. No warnings or suspensions yet, and hopefully nothing will bother me in the future.

After reading the post from Expertu, I do fear G's see-nothing-hear-nothing policies.

Endurer, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  11. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Google actually audits most clicks as they process them. In some cases they will go back and make adjustments, but their system is much more advanced than Chitika.

Chitika just sorts out clicks they don't like at the end of the month. If you click on your own ads in Chitika you will get banned from there as well.

The two systems are fairly similar, Google just does it much faster than Chitika.

Don't get confused and think you can exploit Chitika and click on your own ads and if they catch you they will just filter them out. That is not how it works at all.

aeiouy, Jun 27, 2006 IP
    sachin410 likes this.
  12. toomuch72

toomuch72 Peon

Best Answers:

Actually the number of, what I consider reputable judging by forum posts, publishers(banned) amongst 12 adsense forums that I visit is up to 5(one being me). And those are the ones willing to speak out about it. So NO it is not just one. There seems to be a huge upswing, or a big coincidence, that all this is happening now. I sadly now have to admit after all the time saying "as long as you keep your nose clean and abide by the T&C" nothing will ever happen to you.

I'm eating a lot of crow now because I'm now banned and have gone through the RE-review and still banned. I've done most of the items in 'yfs1' "get back into google guide" and now they are not even returning e-mails. So my faith in Google is quite shaken.

I still want to have faith that Google will see that this was some horrible mistake. I hope. I'm still sending out an e-mail every other day in hopes that they will look further into the account. We will just have to see.

toomuch72, Jun 27, 2006 IP
  13. infonote

infonote Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When i clicked on one of my ads, i immediately notified Google. Also don't tell your friends, parents etc about your site/blog and you should be fine, otherwise they will click on your ads and get you banned.

infonote, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  14. letsjoy

letsjoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it think will ban that account which send adult traffic .. ?
    by the way
    how will google know that traffic is adult or non-adult ... ?

letsjoy, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  15. infonote

infonote Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    letsjoy: that girl in the avatar is very nice.

Back to topic: Yes i think it is against the TOS (terms of service) to use adsense with adult sites.

google.com/adsense/policies

infonote, Jun 28, 2006 IP
  16. adwordaffiliate

adwordaffiliate Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's not the traffic it's the content of the site that is against TOS. You cannot place ads on sites which contain mature content.

Not sure what you mean about "adult traffic" though.

adwordaffiliate, Jun 28, 2006 IP