1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Supper's Email Marketing Journal

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Supper, May 2, 2008.

Well, I wasn't expecting to get to this until Monday. I was going to wait the weekend and build 7 email messages to have automatically go out when someone signs up. But I got impulsive and couldn't wait. lol.

Just had the credit card out and bought an account at aweber, $19.99. It's also risk free for the first 30 days, so if I have problems with email marketing, I can always get my money back. But I don't think that will happen since this is supposed to be the most profitable thing you can do. Anyway, $19.99 will be used as a write off on my income tax, so it's not that big of a deal.

Okay. I got a new domain name. I'm starting from zero incoming links, zero articles, zero indexed pages and zero traffic.

The main page of the site is a squeeze page. It's short, simple and effective. I'm offering my subscribers a course.

I also have a blog on the site too. This is to generate SE traffic and other things. It will be completely unrelated to the email marketing.

I got one day worked out and I'll work on the next a little later. That's the cool thing about the software, I can always generate the next day later. I'm not planning on selling in the first few emails. I'm still working on how to "soft sell" in these email messages. That's a work in progress. I'm currently signing up for a bunch of mailing lists to learn how they sell.

Should be fun!

Supper, May 2, 2008 IP
  2. megarudy

megarudy Active Member

Best Answers:

If you are really going to offer them a free course, you might want to create couple of squidoo and hubpages.

If your free course will be about internet marketing, you can use title like: free marketing course, free way to make money online and etc...... and then bookmark them.

It is one way to get a lot of traffic to your squeeze page and you know people love the word " free" . Is it possible to take a look at your squeeze page?

Good luck

megarudy, May 2, 2008 IP
  3. nadavs

nadavs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes! Another reason to log in to the forums.
    Good luck with this new venture. You can be sure I'll be following closely. :)
    nadavs

nadavs, May 2, 2008 IP
  4. students-forum

students-forum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Another Supper Journal! Looking forward to it. Good luck.

students-forum, May 2, 2008 IP
  5. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone,

I went and got a little consulting over at WF and they suggested that I run multiple campaigns for my lists to determine what sells better, so I guess that will be the strategy as I build.

Supper, May 2, 2008 IP
  6. grover69

grover69 Peon

Best Answers:
    Can't wait to watch this one Supper! Email and list building will be my next step of things to learn, so good luck!

grover69, May 2, 2008 IP
  7. lemonarian

lemonarian Peon

Best Answers:
    Hah, I'll be watching this thread closely as well, as I'm gonna get an account myself soon as well. Good luck man.

lemonarian, May 2, 2008 IP
  8. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm very excited about this. For some reason, I had "tard" logic going and didn't figure it out sooner. But for some reason I thought that if I just made a squeeze page, I was missing out on selling people(with a sales page). I'm not sure why it took me so long to figure out that capturing emails means I can hit them with sales potentials multiple times, instead of one.

Remember how the first niche I start promoting, I collected emails with crappy phplist. I'm going to move it to aweber now. I can directly import my previous list, to aweber, but it will send out another round of confirmations. I decided to just email my list(with phplist) and tell them I have a new course or whatever I decide to use and give them a url to put their email into aweber.

Hopefully my regular sales aren't weak this weekend. All in all, this week will be a big learning experience.

Supper, May 2, 2008 IP
  9. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, another update.

This is with regards to my first email list building attempt with phplist. I made a new splash page for the aweber form. This way I can catch any old traffic that comes in, so it goes to aweber, instead of phplist. I also sent off an email to all my subscribers through phplist, offering a course. I thought it was the best way to get them to opt-in to the aweber form.

I was feeling lazy and just wanted to have people opt-in for the old ebook I wrote, but I guess this is the best way to capture the ones that are already subscribed. I imagine the aweber import tool wouldn't be that successful since people would be getting confirmation emails when they don't expect it.

Supper, May 3, 2008 IP
  10. rob33

rob33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    MAN, your running away! You've just been added to my bloglines. I wont bombard you with questions as this for me is one a month or so down the line-but- have you put together these info books or are you reselling or passing on etc

Also, will be well keen to see how your adsense journal goes on twitter, thats my next venture next week to start something similar off, may have a few queries, do you mind if i email you at a later date chief.

rob33, May 3, 2008 IP
  11. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    I put them together myself with good old fashion research.

It's currently on hold right now since I'm sort of bogged down with work. In fact I didn't even get a chance to do any article marketing today because I've been working on making this course and putting content up on my own blog.

Don't email me because I probably won't see it. You can pm me if you want my msn messenger. Sometimes I open it up.

Supper, May 3, 2008 IP
  12. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, my back is killing me.

I just finished the 7 emails for what I'll refer to as my phplist in aweber. I currently have a 75% opt-in rate for it, but that's because I did emailed the people today telling them to sign up for the free course. So they were pretty targeted.

My other list doesn't have anyone yet(except me of course). Simply because I have no traffic yet. I have to wait until Monday for ezine articles to accept some traffic.

Let me tell you why my back is killing me. It's this chair. I have one of those old computer chairs they had out in the 90s. Little tiny back on the stool like chair. Anyway, I got it used, the back is broken off on it. I have nothing to lean back on, so I'm leaning forward all the time to write.

When I get my first clickbank check, I'm going to take $100, and register a sole proprietor business, than I'm going to staples or walmart and buying a nice leather computer chair, with a nice high back on it. One that I could lean back on and fall asleep. Registering a business will allow me to use tax write offs with respect to the chair.

Can't wait.

Supper, May 3, 2008 IP
  13. rob33

rob33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    no problem, i'll pm you no doubt at a later date, i no nothing about adsense so will be a short time yet. Don't really use messnger.

Thats the ticket, treat yourself- you deserve it.

rob33, May 4, 2008 IP
  14. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Just PM me than. To be honest, just screw adsense for now. You're going to make far more with clickbank.

Supper, May 4, 2008 IP
  15. rob33

rob33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    cheers, to be honest I've got so many ideas going on in my head and things I feel i should be working on that that sort of advice is very welcome!

rob33, May 4, 2008 IP
  16. lemonarian

lemonarian Peon

Best Answers:
    That'd depend on what you focus on. I have Joel Comm's Adsense Secrets 4.0, it's a great read.
    If you focus entirely on Adsense, you'll make money with adsense, but I think that it would be a good idea to get a book like that first, and not just do things that don't work.

lemonarian, May 4, 2008 IP
  17. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, I finished off the day. I have 9 subscribers for my old phplist one. I imagine there will be more on Monday. I think there must be people that don't check their emails on the weekend.

I did my 5 articles for this.

Supper, May 4, 2008 IP
  18. rob33

rob33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    cheers, i'll hold that thought for the time being.

rob33, May 4, 2008 IP
  19. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Grr. What a way to start the week. Aweber is doing maintenance, so I can access the control panel. Anyway, it's not supposed to affect your forms on your website, but it is effecting the one on my new domain. So 2 of my articles got rejected because my page I link to is incomplete, or something. At least that's what I think it is because 2 articles got accepted a little earlier. It's hard to tell when they point you to a specific rule, that has 20 sub points underneath it.

Supper, May 5, 2008 IP
  20. lemonarian

lemonarian Peon

Best Answers:
    That gotta suck... But yeah, how many subscribers do you have so far?

lemonarian, May 5, 2008 IP