1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[WTS] Grand Theft Auto site - Obviously huge niche and great domain!

Discussion in 'Sites' started by Scilynt, Apr 29, 2008.

www.GrandTheftAutoNews.com

I bought a domain and paid to get a custom theme done a while back but it never really got completed like I wanted it to. I was also too busy with my other sites to really push it so it just kind of sat.

Right now I have it set up as an auto news blog but planned to turn it into a great little portal with forums and all. Just haven't found the time, like usual.

It's an awesome domain that will be timeless as long as Rockstar keeps making games for this huge franchise. And as well as it looks like GTA4 is going already (on the first day of release) I am pretty confident there will be plenty of follow ups in the franchise. I remember reading a while back about a potential movie based on the game even.

If you haven't been overwhelmed with GTA4 stories in the news and on sites or ads on tv and in the paper then you haven't been paying attention. Early estimates are this game will/has been the biggest seller in entertainment history for it's opening weekend...even blowing the Halo3 launch out of the water, which Microsoft pushed like crazy forever.

Anyway, if you can't see the potential and value of just the domain alone then this probably isn't the site for you ;).

I haven't promoted the site at all as I was waiting to get the custom theme done. That didn't happen so I just decided to turn it into an auto blog for now. I don't think there is any real traffic and no real revenue to post about. It's basically a new site since it's been in limbo forever. The domain has been reg'ed since 3/07 though.

Included in with the site is the half done theme that I was having done which is basically just a nice header image which you can see here: partial custom theme

Looking for offers from someone who hopefully has big plans and resources to really give this site what it deserves. I just don't have the time to put into it that I would want to. And it's such a waste to not fully develop and really take advantage of this huge games release.

- Great domain for general news and updates
    - to grab some of the affiliate commissions from the huge amount of sales already going on and the many more that all the hype is surely to generate
    - Would be great to have GTA cheat codes and tips as that has always been a huge part of the past games
    - great domain for any news on updates, movies and of course all future versions of the game for years to come.
    - should be easy to build a huge community if forums are setup with it.

Starting bid: $100
    No BIN set yet.
    No end day yet. Looking for offers.

Also open to partnerships for those interested helping to develop and willing to buy a share of the site. I don't have much time to contribute, obviously, but hope to eventually if I do end up keeping it or working on it with someone.

I also just recently listed a sports related blog/forum that I have had just sitting and not enough time for if interested here: pro sports now

Scilynt, Apr 29, 2008 IP
  2. dubayou

dubayou Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Do you have the rights to that theme. And to remove the footer links?

dubayou, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  3. Scilynt

Scilynt Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    The current red/orange theme is a free theme. I assume the bottom links have to stay because of that but you could contact the designer to work something out I am sure.

As for the other theme mentioned in the first post (with the image link), that one you would have full rights to as it was a custom job...though not complete.

Although the site hasn't really been functional until recently I checked the stats and it is getting a bit of traffic. About half from direct links/bookmarks and about half from search engines...which I was surprised about since there really wasn't anything on there until very recently.

Month
    Apr 2008

Unique

visitors

Number of visits

Pages Hits

Bandwidth
    70.53 M

As for search traffic, it looks like one of the top terms for the site so far is:

gta 4 tips - It's already on the second page of google for this and that is with zero links or any king of link building yet. That is definitely a good term to try to capture in the future as there will be a ton of new players looking for tips and cheats.

One stat that stands out is the "saved to favorites"...

Add to favorites (estimated) 146 / 194 Visitors 75.2 %

...thats with barely any content. I can only assume it would go up even more with some great new content.

Scilynt, Apr 30, 2008 IP
  4. Scilynt

Scilynt Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    This is still for sale :). I'm thinking of putting adsense on it as well to show the potential but assume anyone that knows how it works would be able to figure out the estimated earnings themselves without actual stats lol.

Scilynt, Jun 25, 2008 IP