1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Adsense Privacy Policy For Wordpress and Web Pages

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by branchise, Mar 13, 2008.

At the end of February, 2008, Google started requiring AdSense publishers to display a privacy policy on all sites that displayed AdSense ads or search boxes. Since many WordPress blogs are monetized with AdSense they also need to have privacy on it .

One of the changes to the terms and conditions that will affect all AdSense publishers is the new privacy policy requirement. Here’s what Google wants:

You must have and abide by an appropriate privacy policy that complies with applicable privacy and data protection laws and that clearly discloses that third parties may be placing and reading cookies on your users’ browser, or using web beacons to collect information, in the course of ads being served on your website. Your privacy policy should also include information about user options for cookie management.

Most AdSense publishers are familiar with cookies, but the term web beacon may be new to you. A web beacon is also known as a “tracking pixel” — a small (usually 1 pixel high by 1 pixel wide) image that is inserted into the background of a web page. The beacon is the same color as the background (or is transparent) and hence invisible to the user. When the browser fetches the image, however, a web server can track some basic information about the user (IP address, any cookies, browser used, etc.). Beacons are generally used in HTML emails to track when and how many emails are read as part of an email broadcast.

INSTALLATION
    Installation is simple, as with most WordPress plugins. Download the privacy-policy-1.0.zip file and extract its contents into your blog’s wp-content/plugins folder. This will create a new privacy-policy subfolder containing the plugin. (The plugin doesn’t actually need to be in its own subfolder, but it’s recommended you place it there.) Go to the Plugins tab in your WordPress administration console and activate the plugin.

USAGE
    Once the plugin has been activated, go to the Options tag and click on Privacy Policy. Reasonable defaults will be selected for the privacy policy, but change them as appropriate and press the Update Options button to store the new settings.

Now create the privacy policy page for your site. The easiest way to do this is to press the Create Page button at the bottom of the options page. This creates a static page with the given title and slug (path) that displays a privacy policy based on the current settings.

Alternatively, you can simply insert a privacy policy onto an existing page using the special trigger text:

<!-- privacy-policy --> anywhere on the page. When the page is displayed, the trigger is replaced with the current privacy policy.

That’s it! Short and simple.

Download the plugin below : www.mediafire.com/?ykt12jkq9nt

Any Thanks?

Mike

branchise, Mar 13, 2008 IP
    SamOwen likes this.
  2. jackieshine

jackieshine Banned

Best Answers:
    what do you mean?

jackieshine, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  3. branchise

branchise Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi !

Did you know Google came out with a new AdSense policy on March 1, 2008?

If not, you might want to log onto your AdSense account and check it out.

One part which will require almost all of us to make some adjustments to our sites is their new requirement for a privacy policy on all pages displaying AdSense.

Here is that part of the new policy:

"You must have and abide by an appropriate privacy policy that clearly discloses that third parties may be placing and reading cookies on your users' browser, or using web beacons to collect information, in the course of ads being served on your website. Your privacy policy should also include information about user options for cookie management."

I think they will give us some time, but you need to implement a privacy policy as soon as possible.

You must link to it from every page which displays AdSense.

I suggest going out on the web and find a privacy policy you can rewrite to fit your own site. Be sure to include the parts mentioned above in the section from Google's new policy.

I know it sucks.. but we have to do it... :(

branchise, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  4. microtekblue

microtekblue Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the post...very helpful.

microtekblue, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  5. sacada2

sacada2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just made a short privacy policy to my site.

sacada2, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  6. jezzz

jezzz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks! it helpful but i dont use ADSENSE in WP then should i install it anyway ?

jezzz, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  7. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i have already done my pp on my sites

trichnosis, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  8. CU_Designs

CU_Designs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've always placed a privacy and terms policy on all pages on all of my websites regardless if it's wordpress or not or if it has adsense on it or not. Especially on sites that are collecting some sort of information from the end-user. I think I read in like a law type e-book some years ago that it was a mandatory by law or something. But I could wrong so please don't quote me on it. If I still had the e-book I'd share a link to it. But it was years ago and since then have tossed and lossed a chunk of e-books I've collected over the years. However as a result of reading that I sure did start putting policies, disclaimers, terms and conditions and all of that good legal stuff on all of my pages on all of my websites and placed a link to it in the footer file. I figured I'd be better safe than sorry. Placing a link to it in the footer file makes it soooooo much easier to edit on all pages at the same time, instead of having to manually place it on each and every page. The footer file is a time saver; use it. :)

CU_Designs, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  9. wd_2k6

wd_2k6 Peon

Best Answers:
    wd_2k6, Mar 13, 2008 IP
  10. branchise

branchise Active Member

Best Answers:
    The Link for the plugin is working now, just download it and add it to wordpress plugins, activate it and one. :)

branchise, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  11. branchise

branchise Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, it is good it seems for search engines to have a privacy policy .. why not ? :)

Mike

12. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Whats the difference between this one and synclastic.com/plugins/privacy-policy/ ?

Abhik, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  13. branchise

branchise Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is the same one ;)

14. SamOwen

SamOwen Peon

Best Answers:
    Good post OP, very helpful.

SamOwen, Mar 14, 2008 IP
  15. raedthakur

raedthakur Peon

Best Answers:
    what privacy policy shud i put for a static website ....

raedthakur, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  16. branchise

branchise Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use this as example : :)

Privacy Statement:
    YOURDOMAIN.COM has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for all and any of our web retail websites. By visiting this portion of our site, you can expect to be notified of:

What information is collected and how that information is used.
    With whom the information will be shared.
    This site's policy on correcting and updating personally identifiable information.

This policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically.

How We Collect and Use Your Information:

At the Web Site, we do not collect any personally identifiable information unless you voluntarily provide it to us. Our Web Site may use session cookies to automatically collect some non-personally identifiable information from our visitors such as the type of computer operating system (e.g., Windows '95 or Mac OS) and browser (e.g., Netscape, Internet Explorer) being used, and the domain name of the Internet service provider (e.g., America Online, Earthlink). In general, however, the information collected from these cookies is not retained following your visit to our Web Site.

The more information you volunteer (and the more accurate it is), the better we are able to customize your experience. You have the option to provide us with additional demographic information if you wish. Your contact information is only used with your permission (such as a customer support request).

We may display advertising on our site and these ads may contain cookies. While we use cookies in other parts of our Web Site, cookies may be used with banner ads to collect anonymous preference and interest visitor information. This information will only be used to create anonymous interest profiles. This information will not include and will never be merged with personally identifiable information (such as name, address or e-mail address) or any information that is considered sensitive or controversial or that would compromise your privacy. These profiles are used to tailor site content, promotions and advertising and to perform market research.

Children's Guidelines:

Children's privacy is of primary concern to us. WE DO NOT knowingly collect online contact information from children under the age of 18 without prior parental consent or parental notification, which will include an opportunity for the parent to prevent use of the information and participation in the activity. Without prior parental consent, online information will only be used to respond directly to a child's request.

Cookies and Other Tracking Methods:

Cookies are small pieces of information stored on your hard drive, not on our site. We may use cookies or, in a limited number of cases, Internet addresses for a number of reasons. First, cookies allow you to store your shopping cart items without having to constantly re-enter it. Second, cookies can also help us to tailor our Web Site or a marketing message to better match your needs and interests. Third, cookies allow us to better understand how users use our site, which in turn helps us focus our resources on features that are most popular with our users. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but some parts of our site may not work properly if you do.

Security:

YOURDOMAIN.COM is very concerned about the security of your personal information, and the secure transmission of your information from your PC to our servers.

Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure. We recommend that you never reveal any personally identifiable information on our Web Site ID to anyone. You will never receive a request from YOURDOMAIN.COM for personally identifiable information in an unsolicited phone call or e-mail. The privacy policy described here applies only to YOURDOMAIN.COM , and not to other companies' or organizations' Web sites to which we link, or which link to us. Also, while YOURDOMAIN.COM hopes to provide a safe and secure online experience, be very careful about sharing your personal information with other people you might meet as a result of your visit to one of our websites.

Contacting Our Web Site:

Questions regarding this statement, the practices of this Web Site, or your dealings with this Web Site should be directed to .

Privacy Policy updated 03/16/2008

Mike:cool:

branchise, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  17. wd_2k6

wd_2k6 Peon

Best Answers:
    How would Google know if we don't put a Privacy Policy on our site, because all of the privacy policies would be under different directories and URL? Maybe they are going to make us put a verification code on the Privacy Policy or something, otherwise they would have to manually check the site for a privacy policy which takes a long time??

I am using the default privacy policy as given with the plugin, do yout think i should add any more to it? My site has youtube videos of music videos and embed codes, profile layout codes, and other music related including mp3 promos, album information, tracklisting, album covers and music artist bio's. In addition to this should i add terms and conditions?

wd_2k6, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  18. ardley216

ardley216 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for this plugin! ;)

ardley216, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  19. DrAngelo

DrAngelo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this article ; very helpful

DrAngelo, Mar 16, 2008 IP