1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please Help - I got an email!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dairyman, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Korrupt

Korrupt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if u dont want that domain, tell them that u will sell for a good price and IF they pay stop all communication with them. scam the scammer-scammers deserve it. atleast thats what i believe and will do if i get any such email.

Korrupt, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  2. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    Smells like someone is trying to sell the golden gate bridge in hong kong.

SFOD_D223, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  3. CodeRed

CodeRed Peon

Best Answers:
    2nd Question Answered, gee they are good

Dear Dumb Dumb hehe

Following is price list: Domain name: Stand for,

Price/Per Year/Per name (even have the order out of wack?)

xxxx.org.cn > China > 23.00EUR
    xxxx.tw > Taiwan > 75.00EUR
    xxxx.com.tw > Taiwan > 75.00EUR
    xxxx.ch > Switzerland > 49.00EUR
    xxxx.co.in > India > 59.00EUR
    xxxx.jp > Japan > 148.00EUR
    xxxx.asia > Asia > 118.00EUR
    Internet brand keyword:

My Name > 148.00EUR

Above price contains all costs, we do not collect other additional costs.

If you want to register these domain names by yourself first, you can do according to our national registration procedure.

1.We will send an application form to you, and you fill in and return form back to us with the copy of certificate of incorporation or Trade mark certificate. we will put it on file. And then turn it to Dispute Solution Center to manage and verify. (I don't think so !! LMAO)

2. If it is verified successfully, we will suspend the registration of the aforesaid company.we will sign and stamp the form and send to you again.

3. We will send the billhead to you. After receipt of copy of payment proof, we will finish your domain names completely within 2 workdays.

4. After finishing your registration, these domain names will be protected in the world. You can get your registration information on internet in the world.

Government request us to audit and record the application during the process of registration. If the original owner company of the domain names have no objection for the registration, we could register the domain names for the Zaglu company within 10 work days. we only got 7 workdays left for the disputed period to Zaglu company.

In addition, as a registrar in Asia, we must keep commercial secrets for applicants(including applicant name, email, telephone,business activity), for example, if you register these domain names through our body, we will not let the third party know your documents. Hope you can understand.

Best regards

Solomon Hu

Can you believe these guy's LOL :)

CodeRed, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  4. CodeRed

CodeRed Peon

Best Answers:
    Scam Alert by below!!!

Auditing Department
    TEL: 00852-8122 6293
    FAX: 00852-8125 7328
    Email:solomon.hu@asiadns.org.cn
    Web: xxx.star-east.hk

Does anyone have any good questions I can send onto them for an answer?
    If this stops them from annoying someone else then its a good thing...

I am going to send another email off tomorrow with more questions. :)

CodeRed, Mar 4, 2008 IP
  5. CodeRed

CodeRed Peon

Best Answers:
    The "my Name trade mark scam" by star-east.hk

According to Star East Hong Kong

The cost of the domain names are: USD $829.81 PER YEAR

The cost if you do it yourself : USD $299.75 PER YEAR

A profit of : USD $ 530.06

Not including the cost of "Internet brand keyword" 148.00 Euro dollars

Nice profit per year. Will now see what other cost are involved.

May be a little harder as now I get

Directory Listing Denied
    This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

Wonder why I am blocked?

HTTP HEAD for url: star-east.hk

403 Forbidden
    HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
    Content-Length: 218
    Content-Type: text/html
    Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
    X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
    Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 11:21:02 GMT
    Connection: close

Anyhow company info below.

Registrant Contact Information:

Company English Name (It should be the same as the registered/corporation name on your Business Register Certificate or relevant documents): STAR EAST TECHNOLOGY LIMITED
    Company Chinese name:
    Address: 3A, UNITS 20/F, FAR EAST CONSORTIUM BLDG.,121 DES VOEUX ROAD XIANGGANG 21346
    Email:
    Domain Name Commencement Date: 18-02-2008
    Expiry Date: 18-02-2009
    Re-registration Status: Complete
    Name of Registrar: HKDNR

Untill next time .....

CodeRed, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  6. Hostable

Hostable Guest

Best Answers:
    Sounds to me like some company/person wants your domain to make up for the others.

Hostable, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  7. ready2work

ready2work Guest

Best Answers:
    Its a way a email harvesting. They check whether your email id is still valid. :) All they want is to see whether you open your email, thats it. :)

ready2work, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  8. CodeRed

CodeRed Peon

Best Answers:
    The Trade Mark Scam Continues, by Star-East Hong Kong

Latest follow up email by Star East, it's a real hassle trying to work out what they are saying. You have to laugh. I was supprised they contacted me again. After reading their email I decided to ask a few questions to give them some thing to do.. hehehe The questions are located below their latest email: :)

Dear ,

Just because of your registered trademark, so we inform of your company, if you yourself do not register, According to the rule,Zaglu company has right to register these domain names, We had notified you, so we are not responsible for any dispute questions about intellectual property right and trade mark after they succeed in registration. If you would like to register by yourselves, we can send an application form to you and help you register these within dispute period.

I hope you could squeeze a little time to consider it prudently, and give us a clear and prompt reply No matter what the result is.Thank you!

Best regards

Solomon Hu

Auditing Department
    TEL: 00852-8122 6293
    FAX: 00852-8125 7328
    Email:solomon.hu_asiadns.org.cn
    Web: star-east.hk

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My response below, Yes they are dumb questions LOL

Hi Solomon

I am a little confused by all this? Please explain further, as I do not wish to have any Trade Mark problems in the future..

I am finding it difficult to understand your emails, because they are written badly and I want to be sure I understand the importance of the decision to be made regarding the safety of my Trade Mark...

Please answer the questions below to help me understand the situation you are trying to help me with?

1/ Where is your company is located? China or Hong Kong?

2/ How will your company prevent me from possibly losing my company name or preventing companies from taking legal action in your country?

3/ What type of legal action may I expect if I fail to take notice of your service? Will the legal action come from China or Hong Kong?

4/ Where is the "Zaglu" Company located?

5/ What type of business is the Zaglu Company?

6/ I do not understand why legally you are required by law to contact me. Please explain which law/s your company is protecting me? I am referring to the law/s in your country that requires you to contact me?

7/ What are the fee's I am expected to pay, besides the cost of the domain names. Am I correct that the registration of the domain names is approx USD $800. A fee to be paid yearly? Do you ensure that I will not need to worry about the domain names any longer.

8/ Do you accept payment via Credit Card? Or will I need to TT the money ?

9/ How long has your company been in business? (Website registered in Date: 18-02-2008)

10/ Please get back to me ASAP to ensure the safety of my name, as time seems to be short!

CodeRed, Mar 9, 2008 IP
  9. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Even if it wasn't a scam, it's way to much money to spend yearly on domains that you don't need.

bogart, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  10. 0lgi

0lgi Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hello ,

Its a scam email being sent to almost everybody so far. Do not give information or click to any links as you might get in trouble!

0lgi, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  11. CodeRed

CodeRed Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi

There is no doubt that this is a scare tactic scam, using your Domain Address as the bait to get your attention by suggesting that third party is about to Trade Mark your domain Name.

Suggesting that you have a limited time to buy nonsense domain names extensions such as China “.cn “as well as many others, that in some way will prevent a third party who just happens to be a client of theirs as well from taking legal action resulting in you losing your website name.

For the many uneducated domain name owners the email suggest that their domain name may be in trouble and that the Hong Kong Company “Star East” are able to prevent possible legal action and stop you from losing your domain name due to another company who looks like it’s about to place a Trade Mark on that domain name.

Due to how badly written the original email is, people can easily be concerned about their domain name. When you read the email, you are left with the following concerns.

1/ A Asian Company are about to Trade Mark or own the rights to the name used by you in your Domain Name.
    2/ that the use of that URL may lead to legal action and costs against you.
    3/ you have a short time to prevent another company from repossessing your name by buying alternative domain name extensions, mainly in Asia Regions.
    4/ their website is well built and looks the part to back up its claims.

Over all it’s a very well organized scam that I am sure will catch a few. I have already sent emails to my clients about their scam. Hope every one here does the same. If the nigerian scam made millions then this one will do well.

For me I am having a great time sending them questions to their replies. Listing all info here and let the search engines pick up the threads. LMAO :)

CodeRed, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  12. CodeRed

CodeRed Peon

Best Answers:
    Star East: Asked 10 question, get fewer answers..

Hi Guy's

It seems my questions are too difficult to answer in most cases. So my next email will be worded in a manner that may be of greater help to the one person who seems to be running "Star East" Mr. Solomon Hu. If you’re looking for a laugh that will have you rolling over, come back after I respond to the last email to Mr. Solomon Hu (email below). His attempt to answer my questions posted above is getting closer to the truth and having him back flip on some of his earlier claims. :)

Far East replied as follows;

Dear ,

If you have some doubts on my ability to register the domains,I can understand,if so,after we received your application form and pass the auditing,we can register some of the domains for you ,you can check them and arrange us the payment then.
    ROFL, I have no doubts what so ever that Far East is committed to making a profit of over USD $500 per client. Hell I know I don't!!

I should tell you this.

1, We are located in Hongkong.our head office is always operating in Hongkong, also has branches in mainland.
    So you have no idea as to how long you have been in business then? I wonder when you say you have "Branches in mainland" are you talking about trees or shrubs?

2,The only way to stop the registration of other company is to register these domains by yourself.
    REALLY !! Learn something every day. Golly gosh I don't have to worry about my URL any longer. Happy days are here again!!

3,If you don't want to accept our service, you can prosecute later. But it is hard to be successful, because domain name registration takes open principle.
    LOL You mean you’re really useless and really only want to SELL domain names at huge mark ups. Pay for a service that really has little / no chance of winning against cyber sitters in Asian countries?

4, Because domain name registration is open, and this is also international laws. squatter is common in china, disputes of intellectual property troubles chinese goverment a lot. recently some register famous schools' domain names and cheat a lot of students, this cause big effects. so our goverment request auditing application.
    Well cyber squatting is not new, and it should be illegal. Then again having Far East Company sell Asian domain names at inflated prices by using email scams should also be illegal.

5, I can't give you the information of "Zaglu" company, because it is our principle that can't disclose our client's information to the third party.
    China — Population: 1,321,851,888, I doubt I will need to worry about Zaglu affecting my client base.

6, No, we are not required by law to contact you. It is our rule that we have to inform the original company of this matter if we find the applicant company don't correspond to the domains.
    Well if you already have the domain names sold to a third party why contact me at all. And if you are not required by law to do so, what do you call a Government request. Quote:“As a domain name registrar, we have no right to dispute their application. So required by government to inform your company to protect your interest.”

7,I will quote you the fees on this email. We don't accept any of our clients pay annually.
    Cool, now where did you put the fees on this email? Can I get a discount? hehehe

8,Yes, we accept you pay us via T/T. Of course you do.

Best regards

Solomon Hu

Its great to see this thread become a very popular read. I am having a great deal of fun with Far East little scam attempts and hope to be driving them up the wall with as many dumb questions as I am able to think of.
    The great news is that a google search on the term "Far East Company" results in this thread in the top 5.
    Its nice to scam the scammers ROFLMAO :) :) :)

Till next time on the QT

BTW: What does the green tick stand for anybody on this post?

CodeRed, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  13. manisht07

manisht07 Peon

Best Answers:
    I will tell you what this means:
    When you phone them or mail them they will say you should register these domains from them or there associates and in the process they will make hefty commissions from you.If you want to buy these you can buy from anywhere.It's just a new marketing technique.Don't worry.

manisht07, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  14. warley

warley Peon

Best Answers:
    I have had similar letters i assumed it was a scam and did not really give it any more thought.

warley, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  15. hello_welcome

hello_welcome Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    may be this is scam !!!???

hello_welcome, Mar 10, 2008 IP