1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdWords on the Radio

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by GuyFromChicago, Jan 17, 2006.

Google is buying dMarc Broadcasting and plans to "integrate dMarc technology into the Google AdWords platform to create a new radio ad distribution channel for Google advertisers."

Cool stuff:cool:

GuyFromChicago, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  2. eiso

eiso Peon

Best Answers:
    eiso, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  3. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    Uhm bet its gonna be an expensive campaign.

Seiya, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  4. peeg

peeg Peon

Best Answers:
    Tbh that sounds like total crap!

Firstly, here in the UK, commercial radio stations don't half bug the hell out of every1 with their 3 mintues of ads every 15 mintutes!

Also, how are they planning to advertise all of their 1 zillion adwords sites?? I think it would be impossible to keep them advertised frequently, in that itwould take 10 years of ads to get through 1 cycle of sites alone!

peeg, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  5. wishtofindout

wishtofindout Peon

Best Answers:

AdSense may infiltrate podcast and personal radio station in the future.

wishtofindout, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  6. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, the news is spreading like wildfire. I think it's a good move for Google. Radio is being moved away from more and more for advertising, this will help give it that boost its needed for quite some time.

fsmedia, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  7. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    Just imagine being able to manage multiple advertising medians (search, radio, print, etc) through one interface - awesome is the best word I can come up with:D

GuyFromChicago, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  8. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah that would be cool. Unless google somehow does a CPM campaign; based on how many users are listening to a given station to see the ad on their radio display, I can't figure how it'll be billed - but then, thats why google is google and I am not :)

lorien1973, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  9. mrsam

mrsam Peon

Best Answers:
    Alot of activity from Google in the recent time..

Will be interesting to see how they'll offer this to advertisers.. And not least, what prices we could expect..

mrsam, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  10. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I already have problems with adwords. Its kinda strange that the same word on overture and google has such disparate pricing.

A word I'm on #1 in overture costs me 38 cents/click. Same word on google costs about $1.50 or something? I don't get it. Overture has been around forever, I have to assume that more advertisers are there than google.

I have a feeling google's adwords pricing system is really flawed. Lots of people on adwords bid up "TV" and if you buy "tv cable" (or some really obscure term containing TV) their bid influences your bid for that term making it artificially higher. The same does not seem to happen with overture.

lorien1973, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  11. LinkBliss

LinkBliss Peon

Best Answers:
    No it's just for premium advertisers for the time being I'm sure.. not integrated with AdWords immediately. I also read they are buying some print space in magazines. They are looking to become a full-fledged advertising agency.. just testing the waters for now.. but as someone else said they can look to be the one-stop ad broker for multiple mediums eventually... it puts them up against all existing media players, but they will have that idea in ad buyers minds (especially the small to mid players who are not that sophisticated) that they can do all their ad buying with Google. Measurement of the effectiveness of these other mediums with print and radio are still very much in their infancy as would be expected, but consider in five years if some medium size business wants to do marketing on several fronts besides Internet, they could do it all with Google... it's genius and they're light-years ahead of other folk (MSN).

Eric

LinkBliss, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  12. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Micromag, Jan 18, 2006 IP
  13. LinkBliss

LinkBliss Peon

Best Answers:
    There was a good article in the WSJ today, front page. It's a paid content site and I can't post verbatim of course due to copyright but let me know via PM and I can forward it using their interface.

http://online.wsj.com/article_print/SB113750713079248534.html

I don't collect any affiliate revenue from this link :-P

Eric

LinkBliss, Jan 18, 2006 IP