1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's Up With Article Marketer?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Ajeet, Sep 20, 2007.

Hi,

Unlike many comments I have read here on DP, my overall experience with ArticleMarketer has been great. Sure there have been problems. But the fact that I am a satisfied customer can be easily seen from the fact that I have 2 paid accounts with them. One for my name and another for a pen name.

BUT, in the past week, the system seems to have frozen. Nothing is moving. No articles are being approved. Articles are stuck in "Articles Pending Distribution." Even their automated error messages are not coming through. In fact, I have not even received the autoresponder saying, "Article Received."

Anyone else experience this?

Ajeet

Ajeet, Sep 20, 2007 IP
    Will.Spencer and iskandar like this.
  2. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    I think they are having problems for a little while now. Not sure what is going on.

rcj662, Sep 20, 2007 IP
  3. adamjthompson

adamjthompson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I'm having issues with my accounts. I have submitted two tickets and called them also, with no response.

adamjthompson, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  4. 2KTown

2KTown Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes they are having many problems. Errors in affiliate reporting statistics as well as distribution. I have not received an article from them in more than 2 weeks and they have not distributed an article I submitted 2 weeks ago. It's too bad because that WAS a good company. So what now? iSnare?

2KTown, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  5. Ajeet

Ajeet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have 2 accounts with them :) I am not yet writing them off. I do iSnare too. Have not yet found a third service that is comparable. :)

Ajeet, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  6. macG

macG Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I avoid article submission, best to go for blogging! :)

macG, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  7. Volknet

Volknet Peon

Best Answers:
    Has this issue been resolved?

I was thinking of using this service.

Volknet, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  8. Winagain

Winagain Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've had similar problems in the last couple of weeks.
    However, they've always come through, so I am sticking with them.
    I am sure the service will be back to normal soon.

Winagain, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  9. vvtv

vvtv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When I started my article directory, I jointed articlemarketer for getting articles. That helped me a lot. I got visitors, fresh articles and search engine traffic. Some 2-3 times I disabled receiving articles because of my site maintenance. Then joins again. 2-3 weeks before articlemarketer is not senting articles and stopped working. I feared that I will not get fresh articles. But then I realized I am still getting 30-50 manual submissions per day. I think it is enough for me to keep fresh in search engines.

vvtv, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  10. Ajeet

Ajeet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Far from resolved. About 3 weeks ago, I signed up for an additional account for a pen name, and have not been able to get even ONE article through in all this while. You must hold off subscribing.

Ajeet, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  11. vvtv

vvtv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But they have no explanation. No notice on their site. Nothing..... What are they doing? Seems like just vanished abandoning a website....

vvtv, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  12. vvtv

vvtv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    vvtv, Oct 3, 2007 IP
  13. YoungSmeagol

YoungSmeagol Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    FYI - I e-mailed them about this same problem and it looks like it was resolved on Friday. Two of my articles were finally sent out.

At one point they were updating their servers and they probably went offline for a week or so and got bogged down so they are just getting caught up now.

It seems like they have a serious problem. The service is probably getting too big for them to handle. What they should do is create an external program that the user downloads and installs on their computer. When they want to send out articles it's done directly from their computer so there is no strain on the server.

Article distribution will probably take much longer but at least the service will survive. They can also still charge a monthly fee although it should be a little bit less than what it is now.

YoungSmeagol, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  14. vvtv

vvtv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    young, I got their articles in 3rd October. Only one. It is a niche site and gets 5-10 articles/day from them. But only one till now.

This will make load on users computers. Computer have to work to post articles on all 2000+ sites. Will going to crash computer. Then most users dont have good bandwidth. Also who will review the article and correct it? Already there is some programs available like article submitter etc.

vvtv, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  15. YoungSmeagol

Best Answers:
    Not really, There are several small programs that do this. They just don't do it very fast. I have Article Post Robot and it sends out about 500 or so but it takes a few hours. It's not really a big deal. However, the program would have to be very stable and remember the last articles submitted so they can pickup from where they left off in case of a power failure etc..

16. vvtv

vvtv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But we have to enter all article directories to the list, then we have to create login id and password on these directories. Will take some time first.

vvtv, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  17. YoungSmeagol

Best Answers:
    They can create the login information the same way they do now (from the server) and just have the program do the article submissions.

They could basically offer two services. The normal service and a slower submission service that submits articles using a desktop program. The slower service should be considerably cheaper since it would take a while to submit all those articles.

18. FlyingBear

FlyingBear Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Article Post Robot too. One thing I like it is: I can send different versions of articles to different sites. Both article marketer and isnare don't have this feature.

bear

FlyingBear, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  19. NancyChapter2

NancyChapter2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi everyone,

It looks things are resolved at Article Marketer; I rec'd an email from them and a link to this announcement:
    http://www.articlemarketer.com/notice_g1.php

My articles are going out again, and it looks like it was a temporary..although big...tech snafu.

Best,

Nancy

NancyChapter2, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  20. quamism

quamism Active Member

Best Answers:
    I had just joined AM and after they upgraded their servers my two articles were missing. Well at least it was only two. Hopefully things end up being as fast as they promise.

quamism, Oct 24, 2007 IP