1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo crawling -> indexing pages

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by Lucky Bastard, Nov 20, 2005.

Hi guys,

Yahoo seems to be crawling my site a LOT...lots of different pages.

My sites originally used to have 1 page indexed for ever and ever and Y! would only visit pages that had links pointed directly to them.

The site seemed to be panalized..contacted Y! then about a month later I noticed Y! starting to visit other pages too (not just pages linked to), I also noticed more pages getting added when doing the site: command. It has now got to about 40 pages idnexed to date. It seems to have been stuck on this number for the past 2 weeks, no progress forward....however I KNOW Y! has crawled over 1000+ pages... If this is the case, why after 2 weeks is it still only showing 40 pages indexed?

Is this normal? Others have similar experiences?

Thanks

Lucky Bastard, Nov 20, 2005 IP
  2. mobilebay

mobilebay Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like your having similar problems to me , but mine is with Googles engine, how ever Yahoo with the latest update has upset the balance somewhat, best bet is to w8 and see i assume Yahoo, indexes in chunks , in which case it will be back.

mobilebay, Nov 20, 2005 IP
  3. Lucky Bastard

Lucky Bastard Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh well, I spoke too soon, on some DCs it would seem my pages indexed count in Y! has trippled over night :) And cached too :)

Lucky Bastard, Nov 21, 2005 IP
  4. MisterZee

MisterZee Peon

Best Answers:

What method did you use to contact them?

MisterZee, Nov 26, 2005 IP