1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

anybody ever have trouble importing from Blogger to Wordpress?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by driven, Sep 10, 2007.

I was trying to import the blog entries from a client's Google Blogger account into her Wordpress site (.org and not .com ) She was having troubles and I thought I'd try. Unfortunately, it's a no go.

I get a message from Wordpress saying;

We were not able to gain access to your account. Try starting over.

Anyone know what the culprit is?

driven, Sep 10, 2007 IP
  2. mooiness

mooiness Peon

Best Answers:
    That sounds like the login credentials to your client's Blogger account is incorrect. Have you tried logging into her Blogger site with the details that she has given you?

Normally, if you've supplied the right Blogger login details the process should be smooth going. Though depending on the number of posts on the Blogger site, the import process may take some time.

mooiness, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  3. sat123

sat123 Banned

Best Answers:
    which version of wordpress u r using..generally problem lies in the credentials u use..username password...now u sign in with google account associated with blogger or blogger username pass..just check that too...

sat123, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  4. driven

driven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    actually, it's neither problem. I did some extra researching and the fix is the following;

Go to the blogger.php file within the /wp-admin/import folder of WP. at around line 82 of the file, you'll find this code;

"Host: www2.blogger.com"

You have to change that to www.blogger.com and it should work. :)

driven, Sep 11, 2007 IP