1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

sitemap for blogspot

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Analog Point, Sep 12, 2005.

how cam i add sitemap to my blog?

because it didn't index in google only adress viewing in google

i am waiting ur advices

thanks

Analog Point, Sep 12, 2005 IP
  2. Analog Point

Analog Point Peon

Best Answers:
    aren't there any advice?

Analog Point, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  3. Janissary

Janissary Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you cannot map your site in blogger...

You must have directory access...

Janissary, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  4. Muztik

Muztik Peon

Best Answers:
    Why the need for a sitemap in blogger anyway?
    If you have the archives links on your sidebar or on your main page somewhere then wont all your pages be indexed eventually anyway?

Muztik, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  5. ken123

ken123 Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem is you can't submit it to the google sitemap engine.

ken123, Oct 21, 2005 IP
  6. gary99

gary99 Guest

Best Answers:
    I was just pondering this today. As far as I know you can't do it. But on the other hand I'm not at all convinced google sitemaps help you get indexed. I submitted a sitemap for another site, and nothing happened for a few days. Then I finally started getting crawled by the googlebot, which indexed my entier site. It's been crawling frequently since then, indexing pages I didn't bother to add to my google sitemap.

I think Muztik is right. Just make sure you have all your "archives" and "previous post" links in order, and google will get to you eventually.

Haven't yet gotten around to indexing my blog, though. Lazy bot...

gary99, Oct 23, 2005 IP
  7. ken123

ken123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I found that very strange for Google not to search its own blog site. After all, Blogspot belongs to its family, why not support it? It just does not making any sense to me.

ken123, Oct 24, 2005 IP
  8. gary99

gary99 Guest

Best Answers:
    Do not try to understand Google. Flow with Google. Be one with Google.

gary99, Oct 24, 2005 IP
  9. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Theoretically though, you could knock yourself up a sitemap of your own using something like WinWebCrawler and some well thought out find and replaces. Make one of your posts in Blogger Sitemap then it should be sitemap.html - or find and replace you list of URLs into an xml file and submit the sitemap way.

Dio, Oct 24, 2005 IP
  10. gary99

gary99 Guest

Best Answers:
    You still need to place the magic google file in the root of your site, so the xml submission way won't work with blogger. I've been thinking about submitting a sitemap post, though.

gary99, Oct 24, 2005 IP
    Dio likes this.
  11. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ah yeah - D'oh! Slaps head...

Of course, if you host your own blogger powered site then that's not such a problem. But no, your stuffed if you stick with BlogSpot.

Dio, Oct 24, 2005 IP
  12. ken123

ken123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Like I menetioned before, since Google owns Blogspot, it should support all features created for Blogspot.

ken123, Oct 25, 2005 IP
  13. gary99

gary99 Guest

Best Answers:
    You'd think they'd do something cute like submit your sitemap automatically when you post stuff, but I'm imagining they're not that integrated yet. I finally managed to get the home page of my "work from home" blog indexed, but no other pages have turned up yet. Guess we just have to get crawled the old fashioned way.

gary99, Oct 25, 2005 IP
  14. ArcoJedi

ArcoJedi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This may be old news, but I was checking on this thread and I found this link also -
    http://consumingexperience.blogspot.com/2005/08/your-blog-and-google-sitemaps-summary.html - that seems to indicate that you can simply submit your Atom feed for blogspot and this will be accepted as a sitemap. I have about five different blogs that I tested this on and they are all listed in my google account as - Status: OK - but the post above indicates that the files will not be able to be verified through Google Sitemap, but they will be uploadable. Another site on the subject (which I can't find the link for at the moment) indicated that if you were hosting your blog outside of blogspot, you could do the verification process and FTP the proper file, but until then your map was in just not verified.

I hope this helps. :cool:

ArcoJedi, Oct 25, 2005 IP
  15. gary99

gary99 Guest

Best Answers:
    gary99, Oct 26, 2005 IP
  16. gary99

gary99 Guest

Best Answers:
    Ack! They still require the stupid magic html file. Never mind.

gary99, Oct 26, 2005 IP
  17. ken123

ken123 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a good help, thanks.

ken123, Oct 29, 2005 IP
  18. ArcoJedi

Best Answers:
    From what I understand, all the verification file allows Google to do is to VERIFY that you host that site so they don't show you potentially private information. I have a few blogs and entered them in the sitemap interface and all of them say -
    Sitemap Status OK
    Of course, you can't verify, but the only thing this gives you is a more detailed list of the pages that Google has or has not found -- in other words, more feedback. Make sure you have your sitemap in, even if you can't verify it, you will still at least get some or all of it mapped. I'd like to be able to verify, and I can do this by moving my blogs out of blogspot and onto my own server (which I plan to do eventually). But until then at least the post pages are mapped.

ArcoJedi, Oct 29, 2005 IP
  19. malkaouri

malkaouri Peon

Best Answers:
    I was thinking why when previewing my site from blogger template settings its viewing blog ads and when viewing my site from a browser i don't get any ads. The issue was that http://www.blogger.com/blog-preview.g was doing that, so I do a trick to view blogs ads only in my site which is good for now, the following is the trick, try that:
    http://your_blog_name.blogspot.com/?http://www.blogger.com/blog-preview.g

:D

please visit my blog http://antibirdflu.blogspot.com

malkaouri, Mar 24, 2006 IP
  20. ArcoJedi

Best Answers:
    I apologize again if this is old news for everyone reading this, but Google made it possible some time ago to verify your site using a special meta tag you can add to the header. When you choose to verify a site, it gives you a drop-down choice and if you choose Meta tag, it will output something like this -
    <meta name="verify-v1" content="Zl2jcH7wagaH459wmFPVgh45hnn3hS4X46hJm30fTrXk4353gc=" >
    Code (markup):
    If you add this to your template and republish your blogspot site, you can then verify.

Is there a newer thread where this has been discussed already? I apologize in advance if this is so. Goodbye!

ArcoJedi, Feb 8, 2007 IP