1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Higher pagerank on an inner page??

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by dj_gie, Jan 24, 2007.

dj_gie, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  2. NetMidWest

NetMidWest Peon

Best Answers:
    NetMidWest, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  3. dj_gie

dj_gie Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the quick reply. It's really confusing me. Do you think it might be something to do with the content or design layout?

dj_gie, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  4. sabian1982

sabian1982 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The keyword here is 'importance' i dont know either why it happens exactly but it does. My general directory used to have a PR0 on the index page and PR4 on the inner pages... why? probably because the inner pages had more relevant information in the eyes of google - perhaps even because those pages were also getting higher requests. Maybe its just google deliberately playing with our minds haha! :p

sabian1982, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  5. alpalino

alpalino Peon

Best Answers:
    Why don't you check backlinks for both homepage and subpage. Maybe you had more quality links to your sub page.

alpalino, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  6. dj_gie

dj_gie Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for everones feedback. I let you all know if i find out anymore information.

dj_gie, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  7. bmassey

bmassey Peon

Best Answers:
    Look at the richness and repetition of keywords in your inner page. Product names and product numbers and specifications with links to more product information (high relevance).

Your home page is of very little value from a relavance standpoint.

Tip: Push all of the stuff about your company from your home page to an about-us page and put your hottest products (with numbers, keyword rich descriptions and prices) on the home page. That's why people are coming to your site. We only care about your company when we've found the product we're looking for.

Read "Waiting for your Cat to Bark?" if you want to turn your site into a revenue generator.

bmassey, Jan 25, 2007 IP
  8. DSB

DSB Peon

Best Answers:
    DSB, Jan 25, 2007 IP
  9. theseokit

theseokit Banned

Best Answers:
    Because you have more links pointing to that direct page, the content on the sub page is better.

theseokit, Jan 25, 2007 IP
  10. David26

David26 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It may revert back to a lower PR eventually. I remember once I created a page about a major business that no other sites talked about! So when the PR updated the page jumped to PR6. I assume the keyword strength played a role in it since I was the only source on the internet to provide the information for a much searched business.

David26, Jan 25, 2007 IP
  11. fluid

fluid Active Member

Best Answers:
    I kind of agree with what bmassey has said that the inner pages are more content/keyword rich than the homepage and maybe ppl are linking more to the inner pages rather than the main one.

If PR depends on the number of links to a page, then it would have nothing to do with how many requests a particular page is getting, would it?

fluid, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  12. theseokit

theseokit Banned

Best Answers:
    Correct fluid, pr is pointless in anything accept to show quickly how important a website is to google. Thats all.

theseokit, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  13. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I once had this situation. An inner page had some good-quality links to it, because it was a very popular topic. That inner page had a higher PR than the home page.

As is so often said, it's all (well, not quite "all" :) ) about good links.

Jim4767, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  14. theseokit

theseokit Banned

Best Answers:
    Strong links, inbounding ones are the way to go. You cant go wrong. Just don't get like 5000 all at once. You could get penalized as a link spammer or something.

theseokit, Jan 26, 2007 IP