1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Reciprocal Blog Commenting - Link Development

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by TheAdMan, Jan 1, 2007.

I'm just putting the finishing touches on my site that helps people generate good quality links. I'd be interested in some feed back as to the concept.

The idea is that I'm trying to attract active bloggers and website owners (NOT SPAMMERS) who want to reciprocate blog comments, which leads to organic links etc.

The idea behind the site was created as follows:
    I've had the worst time finding like minded bloggers in my industries who wanted to do some reciprocal commenting. I searched google, left blog comments on different blogs etc. The response was fairly cold as I was doing "cold calling". I'm sure I'm not the only one who has had this problem.

While I do love to blog about my topics, a blog with 0 comments looks pretty bad. It makes your blog look better when you've got a few comments on it.

NO PENALTIES FOR BLOGGERS WHO GENERATE NATURAL "RECIPROCAL LINKS"
    Also I've seen really successful blogs do outbound links, blog rolling, as well as generate alot of backlinks from other sites/blogs. I have never heard any negative comments from anyone regarding organically sharing links among blogs.

Am I completely out of it... or is this a new and valuable service?

TheAdMan, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  2. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by "reciprocate blog comments" ? Usually bloggers place links to their friends in industry. In friends/links/sites section of homepage. If comments of one cool by itself probably some others will say this in other words on their blog too.

SEOLinker, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  3. TheAdMan

TheAdMan Peon

Best Answers:
    Let's take blogging in the funeral industry or some other obscure industries that are essential , but people don't like talking about.

It's like pulling teeth to get comments from other blogs or to get comments on related industry blogs sometimes.

I am trying to make it easier for people to find interested "commenters" in different industries. Commenting usually leads to some links with friendly bloggers. The personal finance industry is a great one for linking with their Carnival of Finance blog events. It's a love fest of linking.

I'm trying to create the same benefits for bloggers who are in less talked about areas, and for those who just want a source of new blogging friends.

TheAdMan, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  4. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've tried to do some reciprocal blog comments before. It never seemed to work out like forum post exchanges. I don't know why, it just didn't work (no one was interested.) People even started to leave nasty comments or spam my blogs since I was asking for a comment exchange!

MTbiker, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  5. TheAdMan

TheAdMan Peon

Best Answers:
    MTBiker,,
    That's precisely why I'm providing this service.
    Some people like to exchange comments and some people don't.
    The sites that do have more "real" comments on them seem to flourish more. Obviously you need to have good content on the blog to attract comments.

They're too different animals... The difference being that there is huge community in a forum such as this. However, aside from you sig showing you don't have much owner ship in other people's forums.

I thought this would be a more friendly way to attract like minded, friendly bloggers.

I get traffic from friendly blogs when I go an leave well thought out comments on their blogs. It's time consuming, however.

Ideally, if you're writing a good blog, others will see you in another blog, come and visit your blog and then write some comments to your blog from their blog.

What I'm hoping to do is start a few of those relationships.

It's a more organized and pleasant way to meet like minded, active bloggers.

Thanks for YOUR COMMENT :)

TheAdMan, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  6. LennyP

LennyP Peon

Best Answers:
    If you can get the idea to work I think it would be great. I know I have offered to do comment exchanges before without much response.

LennyP, Jan 3, 2007 IP
  7. minute

minute Peon

Best Answers:
    I just signed up since it's a great idea I think.

minute, Jan 3, 2007 IP