1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get from PR0 to PR1+

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Brilliances, Oct 5, 2006.

Okay, I'm as green as green gets with PR. Before joining DP, I didn't even know what PR stood for.

I need some help so I'd like to hear from you your personal experiences with PR. How you got your site up from PR0.

eg.
    1. how many links did you submit
    2. how much did you spend
    3. did you use any software
    4. did you write any articles
    5. how long did it take to get to PR1+
    6. etc

Thanks!:)

Brilliances, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  2. rosiee007

rosiee007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'd suggest you should start with submitting your website to directories. Once you're done with all the free directories, you should easily have PR 1 +

Theres no need to use any software for simple directory submissions. You can do it manually (its time consuming, but worth the effort). You can hire someone to do directory submissions for you.

You can find a list of Free Search engine friendly directories if you want to use a list.

PR 1 should be easy, and you'll get in in the next PR update (withing 3 or 4 months)

You dont need to write any articles for PR 1. If you write articles also, and submit them regularly, get a few forum links etc, you should see PR 3 + easily.

rosiee007, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  3. Brilliances

Brilliances Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need to wait 3 months :confused: I thought google updates more regularly than that.

o well.. off I go submitting to free directories then. Thanks for the link. I'm surprised just submitting to directories can get you a PR3. I would have thought google was smarter than that

4. bacanze

bacanze Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer it thaf way, as it gives you a couple of months to work on link development to get a high pr

bacanze, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  5. zokiii

zokiii Peon

Best Answers:
    You get PR with inbound links.

Your Toolbar PR is not Real PR - it is just number that is throwen from google to your toolbar and it could 3 months old.

Real PR only google knows. It is updated constantly and not every 3 months :D

zokiii, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  6. tyzer

tyzer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    My site went from PR0 to PR5 in about 6 months. My website hasn't even launched yet, and i've spent $0 on advertising it.

What i have done so far is got my link on several PR6 and PR7 sites including several .edu and .gov domains, as i was told that really helps you.

I have posted comments on a few high profile blogs that have PR6 and above, and also submitted to a few directories that are again PR5 and above.

You can have hundreds of links on PR0 and PR1 sites, but you will get better results with fewer links oh higher pageranked sites.

I haven't used any software to do my submitting. if i could calculate the time i have spent over the last 6 months adding my links, it would come to about 10 hours. It really doesn't need to take you a long time and much effort.

I have written about 3 articles so far, but this is something i will be doing a bit more once my website launches next week.

tyzer, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  7. Brilliances

Brilliances Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great suggestions! I've done a few free directories tonight and it's tiring me out.

I'll hit the .edu and .gov domains 2moro night. Can't think of any of the top...

8. rosiee007

rosiee007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Brilliances, I said if you submit your site to directories only, you should be able to get PR 1 + and 'If you write articles also, and submit them regularly, get a few forum links etc, you should see PR 3 + ... :eek:

Youll have to do more than just free directory submissions to get PR 3 ;)

rosiee007, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  9. dastuff

dastuff Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on how many directories she submits too :D
    I bet there's quite a few backlinks to be made in the free directory game.

dastuff, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  10. infonote

infonote Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Write more original content. If your content is good, you will be linked to. Submit press release and to article sites.

infonote, Oct 5, 2006 IP