1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

googlemail.com users locked out of Analytics for over 2 weeks now

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by mad4, Sep 12, 2006.

2 weeks ago I emailed google to ask them to give me access to a clients account in Google Analytics. I thought this would be a fairly straightforward thing for them to do from reading their support docs.

What actually happened is that they stopped me from logging in to any Analytics accounts for all my sites and apparently can't sort the problem out.

This is the latest in a string of unhelpful emails:

Are any other users suddenly blocked from accessing Google Analytics?

If I start a new account I lose 6 months data on numerous sites and also lose the ability to link the account to my Adwords account and any other Google services.

mad4, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  2. Quozt

Quozt Peon

Best Answers:
    thats strange... i have a googlemail.com account but it works for me?

Quozt, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  3. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah. They are lying. The problem only started when I asked them to give me access to a clients account. They accidentaly deleted my own login details and can't seem to figure out whats wrong.

Its so frustrating.

mad4, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  4. Nonny

Nonny Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't had any problem using Google analytics lately (my email is a gmail account).

I'm a bit confused why you asked Google to give you access to someone else's Analytics account. I thought the only way it worked was that the person with the account invites others to access the data - at least that's how I've always done it. Maybe Google thought you were up to something nefarious?

Nonny, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  5. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    I set up the account for a client (with his email address) and tried to give myself access according to their instructions.

When this didn't work I emailed them and they tried to fix it. The next day I couldn't login to my account (or access the clients account).

Its amazing how much you miss your stats when you can't access them.

mad4, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  6. Nonny

Nonny Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, that's really annoying. I hope Google fixes it for you.

Nonny, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  7. seoindiaweb

seoindiaweb Banned

Best Answers:
    I think you should put this question in webmasterworld where there will be google employees to answer and everyone can know what problem you faced and maybe some one can really help you

Thanx:)

seoindiaweb, Sep 14, 2006 IP