1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The $15,000 Challenge!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Dan, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan

Dan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Small price to pay for some valuable insights in my opinion!

Dan, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  2. EJRaven

EJRaven Active Member

Best Answers:
    Learning has its price.

Brilliant idea btw.

EJRaven, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  3. Carlito

Carlito Peon

Best Answers:
    Best of luck, Dan, you clearly know your stuff.

Carlito, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  4. ForumPosts

ForumPosts Peon

Best Answers:
    Signed up, interesting, commented on a few things :)

Hope I don't have to see you in a thong, Dan ;)

ForumPosts, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  5. itsall3

itsall3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just joined :)

This will be good to see if its really possible to make that money in such a short time, with a turnkey/reseller site(s). I didnt think people really bought into these niche products, have you looked at the past months products:

http://www.easynicheproduct.com/pastmonth.html -- who would buy this stuff? and what exactly are they? ebooks?

He could have saved a $29.95 subscription, by simply selling the free pdf around the net, which is what these are based on im gussing if they are written by "ghostwriters".

It's going to be great to see how he can get the visitors to his sites -- it looks like myspace is going to play a big part, but if he's starting this from scratch, with no help from anything he's done before, how can he get big enough friends lists to send out to people, adding 350 people a day???

Carnt wait for the next part :)

p.s -- how did everyone find out about this challange? Thats good marketing.

itsall3, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  6. Dan

Dan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I got an email from him just before the challenge started (Guess I must be on some webmaster mailing list), checked out the blog and liked what I saw, so I posted this thread!

It's all viral... and I'm just a carrier! ;)

Dan, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  7. p777

p777 Peon

Best Answers:
    I keep stumbling upon all kinds of variations on this very idea - "an experiment to raise $******** a month from scratch" - on blogs worldwide, so, personally, I dont think it'll reveal any wonders. Yet I'll check it out :)

p777, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  8. p777

p777 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've signed up with that 15kchallenge. Few posts thru and I already know the main reason behind the project - in his own words (said on a different subject but does it matter?) he's building a list.

A translation: he's building a list of folks (that's us) who doesnt mind making a quick 15K$ off the Net, so we'll keep getting TONS of offers either from this guy or from whoever he decides to sell the list (yes, to sell - I dont think he'll just share it with somebody) to. Few posts in and there already couple of affiliate stuffed links in his blog, and the blog is on the subject of cheating MySpace users by means of creating fake profiles and so on.

Why do I know that he'll be selling us some sh*t or just sell the list? The reference ULR for the project sports just a single, simple page - which offers you to sign up with your email address and name to get access to the project "main" URL. Once you signed up, you just receive by email a link to his blog - placed on the same URL. So what's the reason now to make the INDEX page of the project point to the blog right away? I'm of opinion that it's done solely for a purpose of harvesting contacts or 15k$/month income hungry people - like us who signed up.

p777, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  9. p777

p777 Peon

Best Answers:
    a follow-up: I forgot to mention that the project main URL (where you are invited to sign up) does not contain any usual blurbs as for privacy policy - he's just asking for your email address and does not promise NOT to sell it or use it in whatever way he's pleased to - and you're just giving your contact away. Come think of it.

p777, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  10. p777

p777 Peon

Best Answers:
    just cant stop bitching - hey "Dan Raine", how much did you pay for that "Dan Raine photo" placed on the title page - $1 or $2? You shall deduct it from your budget of $150, too, I guess. What stock did ti came from - istock? shutterstock? dreamstime? fotolia? 123rf? bigstock? stockxpert? Or that iStockPhoto you got "Teri" pic for your faked MySpace profile?

p777, Sep 1, 2006 IP
    itsall3 likes this.
  11. Dan

Dan Active Member

Best Answers:

What is it with some people... It's as if you WANT to find a scam!

Don't want to be on his list; then go straight to the blog, the URL has been posted a number of times.

Affiliate links; so far there's one, and it was clearly marked.

The sign-up page; he's been building up to the launch for some time, and he needed to be able to announce the event, and even if you do get a bit of webmaster spam in a couple of months... So what, it's a small price to pay for the incite he's providing!

Even if all your worst fears are true, it would still be a great lesson in how to make $15,000 with a viral campaign directed toward webmasters!

Anyway, that's my first & last rant, from now on I'm not going to rise to the bait!

Dan, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  12. PoohBear88

PoohBear88 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds pretty cool. Signed up*

PoohBear88, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  13. Dan Raine

Dan Raine Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow you are so suspicious, that is a picture of me, if you are going to Yaniks conference next weekend, or a an ultra meeting up with Ed Dale on the Saturday night then you will see me there.

(Yes, I have put some weight on since then lol, but I think you'll recognize me)

Dan

Dan Raine, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  14. synchronized

synchronized Peon

Best Answers:
    sweeeeeeeet

synchronized, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  15. Bum Marketer

Bum Marketer Member

Best Answers:
    I think this is a fantastic idea and I am glad to be following along. I am not the type to be afraid of getting a little spam. I learn a lot more from the email that I receive than the email I send.

And like everyone has mentioned you can just follow his blog. Ed, Frank and the other ultra's are master niche marketers and Dan seems as if he follows in the same type of footsteps. So there is a lot to be gained.

And if you have ever received email from Ed or Frank...it is always highly entertaining...as well as brilliant marketing in my opinion.

And if I ever get disgusted with someones email I simply:

1. Move my mouse over the link that says "unsubscribe"
    2. I loosen up my right index finger.
    3. Place my right index finger directly over the left mouse button.
    4. Then I firmly mash down.
    5. Then I glare in wonder over my awesome powers as I stare at
    the page that says I have been successfully unsubscribed.

Best of luck Dan. I will learn lots...and I may even buy a product or two.

Take Care,
    Travis

Bum Marketer, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  16. thok

thok Active Member

Best Answers:
    just a marketing stunt

thok, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  17. Olney

Olney Berserker

Best Answers:
    This is pretty interesting
    For those of us who aren't into quick money marketing it might show new ideas.

Olney, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  18. Claudek

Claudek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For what? Your statement is a bit lacking in detail.

Claudek, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  19. p777

p777 Peon

Best Answers:
    Travis, spam generators just LOVE folks who are so kind to CONFIRM that this very email address is VALID - by all means expect more lovely emails from whoever buys databases of nice folks who doesnt mind getting a spam, and are willing to buy a product or two :)

Besides, there are still folks - like me - who has no choice but must pay for internet connectivity per traffic, I have no access to unlimited service in my little provinicial city in a middle of nowhere, and believe me - then I start downloading my morning portion of emails I cannot afford to download just headers and go figure out what is spam and what is not, I just do not wont to loose any valueable email I might receive from my customers - so I do download entire bulk of messages - and do I feel real pissed off then entire 2Mb I received is nothing else but goddammed spam. 2mb x 30 days = 60 Mb - and that's quite pricey - for me.

p777, Sep 2, 2006 IP
  20. p777

p777 Peon

Best Answers:
    why dont he just offer that option straight on his index page then?

yeah - and that nice-niche-something resource he's pushing - I've no doubt it's his own - or his partner's one. That's basically the second income generator for this project (IMHO of course) - at least one guy already bought it and is going to replicate the entire project.

It'd be fun if Dan would post - after 30 days period ends - URL of another site of his detailing real income generated and would-be generated, and revealing what methods were involved. I already pinned two:

1) to sell the emaillist of whose who revealed interest in this quick moneymaking endevour
    2) sales of indirectly advertised products which do not seem to be affiliated wiith Dan - like that nice-niche-something he subscribed to in the beginning of the project.

p777, Sep 2, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.