1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ezinearticles slap?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by momkat, Oct 11, 2009.

Has anyone recently had any articles declined from Ezinearticles?

Check out this blog post..
    http://blog.ezinearticles.com/2009/10/our-war-with-affiliate-marketers.html

momkat, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  2. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yeah it seems as Ezinearticles.com has reached quite a position in the article directories field and started to spit on all affiliates that are trying to make a living. Now there's no much point in complaining we still have to follow up with their rules as traffic is what matters for us all ..

I totally agree with the quality of the articles and totally disagree with people that are using spinning software or rewriting and stuffing keyword in their articles..

evelinawilliams007, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  3. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm amazed they mention CB by name, and they seem not to like domain redirectors.

Simple answer, do some deep linking, good for your domain anyway.

I see what they are saying, they must keep big G happy but at same time they made millions in Adsense income from these articles they are trying to ban.

What I do now if any rejected are to post them on my own site instead. Too much time to make amendments, resubmit etc.

But overall EZA still good.

edit:

btw notice all the gurus replying to that blog post and back-slapping each other. Makes me wanna puke! :D

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
    rolf, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  4. MUSTANSIR LAKDA

MUSTANSIR LAKDA Peon

Best Answers:
    Amazing and interesting to learn about change of policy of Ezinearticles.com Thanks for sharing.....

Kind regards!

MUSTANSIR LAKDA, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  5. tsmooth

tsmooth Peon

Best Answers:
    It amazes me how in the beginning they used these so called "spammy" affiliate marketer to build up the site popularity and now that they are a "force", they want to declare war!! Give me a fucking break!!
    Anyway, think out of the box and you will do fine.

tsmooth, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  6. markov

markov Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with this point.

As an unique article writer, we should definitely feel proud of our article and fight for it till it get published.

markov, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  7. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Just an opinion on their policy changes...

Affiliates + Ezinearticles = Win - Win Situation ..

99% of the articles published in ezinearticles.com are linked to an affiliate page or website promoting an offer (CPA) if they're going to be too strict, not only affiliates would be affected but them as well ..

Their main revenue stream comes from adsense and IF they dare reject tons of articles that means less traffic thus lower adsense earnings.

evelinawilliams007, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  8. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    He's right about this...

I'll point out that I always deliver on the promise of the title. And the promise always leads to a product, end of story.

When I was an adult webmaster we had a very simple philosophy: Make them pay for pink. All that meant was that benefit came from buying. I'm not going to write pages of top notch content for EZA just, so they can cash in on it with a page saturated with ads. Top-notch content goes on my site, not theres.

I feel this one was thrown at me. I do not resubmit rejected articles because the process is too much of a headache. The reason is also exeptionally inane. Instead of waiting 7 days to hear back from some guy telling me that I need to do a, b or c. Do it and resubmit it to wait another few days. I submit it to an other directory, it's accepted in a few hours and hits the top 10 at google (yes there are other article directories out there that are completely untapped).

If I was running EZA I wouldn't allow domain redirectors. I wouldn't allow .info domains. I wouldn't allow linking to free web2.0 sites like squidoo for spammy link wheels.

If EZA is looking to launch a war, that would probably be a better direction.

Supper, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  9. petyard

petyard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it was time they change things..finally! Is their fault because they allowed spammy, useless articles for so long...

petyard, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  10. Legendary11

Legendary11 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    EZINE would be wise to start shutting up and carrying on with business as usuall before the n00bs (yes n00bs as in those who only use ezine and think the world revolves around it) realise that hey... hubpage ranks higher, brings more traffic to the article and gozine articles get accepted quicker and can be backlink built on as well.... whooops let loose the "secret" sorry 142 ebooks out there selling this secret -.-

Ezine just slapped me for having "too long a resource box" they allow 300 words i had 100 words... hmmm why have a 300 word limit if 100 is too long for them?! i emailed them, no reply... so unless they make me platimun when these last 5 finally get though im swapping my main articles to gozine ... have you seen how many links gozine allow in their articles and where?... EXACTLY

Legendary11, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  11. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is just for those who does direct linking. It doesn't affect those who create a site and then put some affiliate links in there.

Chancey, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  12. onlinemoniez

onlinemoniez Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know about that. While EZ doesn't like DL, I think this is more about what Google thinks. Remember, while some people are a slave to EZ, EZ is ultimately a slave to Google. This move on their part is ultimately designed to appease Google and keep their PR as high as possible.

Ultimately, I think that if they want to keep their end user experience positive, they should remove the adsense that is served on the spammier sections. Spammier sections = spammier ads= negative end user experience.

onlinemoniez, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  13. mikeyman120

mikeyman120 Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a bunch of articles declined because they don't like the words - private label rights.

Mike

mikeyman120, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  14. webtarded

webtarded Peon

Best Answers:
    Last week I changed the resource box in 6 articles. I got almost instant approval for 3 of them. Today, i got rejected on the other 3. Note that I did not change the resource box to a redirect or direct link. I pointed them to my site. Here is their rejection letter:

Now i'm all for cleaning up crappy spam articles, but these weren't. They'd been approved over a year ago, and since that time i've found dozens of articles that were either spun or copied and rewritten from mine.

The problem is that now they expect me to rewrite my own article that others have already published on their own websites. I'll now lose what little authority that my article had since I didn't post it on one of my own websites. The sites that have published my articles basically get free articles. The worst part is that I actually took the time to rewrite my originals TO post on ezine.

Retroactive damage control at my expense is bullshit. It's one thing if they do this to all new articles. I'm more than okay with that since I think that I do submit quality articles that are informative, and not spammy. But to penalize people now because they need to change their resource box is retarded.

I'm done with ezine. I hope others follow suit. Maybe chris knight can jam a few more adsense modules on each page to make up for the loss that these policies will incur.

/rant

webtarded, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  15. vitalous

vitalous Guest

Best Answers:
    Their whole existence is based on links, and of the affiliate kind mostly. Sure there's alot of garbage writing on there, and call 'em spammy if you want, but they still have an excellent content to link ratio. I don't consider articles being 'spam' as the reader opted to get to it, versus mail you don't want to get. Affiliate links inside the article don't make it any less readable, and don't distract as much as the AdSense ads around them do.

They're just blowing smoke!

vitalous, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  16. goliath

goliath Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmmm, time for some "Jack Handey". I've been thinking about this lately.

I have to agree that the article directory game, for better or for worse, has been completely turned from it's roots by two groups, and that's the affiliate marketers and the Adsense/PPC junkies. Yes, often the same people.

It's like a threesome, where two of the people decide to shut the third one out. Things get sour. I have to say though, that this was gentle. Nobody chased the third party out. The third party just quietly got up, and walked away. And the affiliate marketers and the PPC junkies were just having such a good time together, that they didn't notice until it was far too late. And now, they're upset, and they're taking it out on each other.

I think we're early in the breakup phase right now. The point where people argue over something that neither one of them really cares about, to avoid addressing what they're really upset about, because they're not quite sure what it is yet...

Anybody else notice that missing third party? Anybody care? lol...

goliath, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  17. onlinemoniez

onlinemoniez Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not too sure what you're getting at here. The third party is EZ? All EZ cares about is appeasing Lary and Serge. We built that site with our content. They owe their writers more respect(especially those who pay for premium services). Would it have been too much for an announcement to be sent out stating these new policies and their level of enforcement? Instead, a lot of people woke up one day only to get dozens of their articles slapped. One day there was peace, and the next day there was nuclear war.

I understand WHY this was done. Business is business. They need to protect their business model. On the other hand, EZ would die a fast death if everyone stopped submitting their content. The bottom line is that they need us, and we need them. It just wasn't handled well, and I think this is what doesn't rest well with the majority of people. There was peace in article marketing land, and then one day a "war" was declared on affiliate marketers, the same people who helped raise the empire. There was very little warning regarding this move, and the specifics certainly weren't articulated.

Moreover, when articles do get slapped, they come with very vague descriptions. A few people told me that their articles got slapped for "excessive profanity." The problem is that these were sexuality articles. What exactly qualifies as "excessively profane" in a sexuality article? After all, it's sexuality! It is by nature fairy profane. EZ should provide us with a comprehensive list of words that they consider "profane" so that we can avoid using them. Also, when they say that an article is not unique enough, what is their definition of unique? Unique relative to our other submitted articles? And if so, how is this”uniqueness” determined? Most importantly, how are WE supposed to determine the uniqueness of our articles. All of this should have been clearly articulated in the first place, and we should have been given several days until the new policies were put in place. This way at least we would have known WHY, SPECIFICALLY, we were getting slapped. We should have been given a fair amount of time to adjust our practices prior to this raid.

We were given very little notice that this was going to occur other than a blog post stating that we were going to “war.” War? Really? You want to go to war with the people your business model depends on most? This makes very little sense to me. The truth is that this turn of events alienated a lot of users. This is akin to a long time girlfriend sleeping with a best friend. Now it's time to get rid of her stuff forever. Goodbye, EZ mouse pad and pen. It's been nice,but you haven't been faithful.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
    onlinemoniez, Oct 12, 2009 IP
  18. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is a new *Google* in town, and we created it.
    However, the cull is necessary. Look at it from EA's point a view, poor quality content will their your relationship with the search engines, readers and writers.

In my experience, if you give spammers a inch they will always take a yard. Pro spammers will take a mile, abuse the system and write ebooks about it.

It's too late to change the terms of our relationship with EA. Just give them the quality they want or make your own article directory.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
    marcel, Oct 13, 2009 IP
    GeorgeB. likes this.
  19. goliath

goliath Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, you said it right there. EZ and the others turned into PPC junkies.

Sounds like they're waking up to the fact that the publishers are gone. That's your third party.

Saying this might not be popular here, but affilliates did not create the article exchange, and they didn't "build that site with their content". At least, not e-zine. Granted, in the hookup between article directories and affiliate, hundreds and maybe thousand of sites HAVE been created, prospered, and died wholly on their ability to serve affiliate marketers.

But if I understand correctly, e-zine is one of the sites that made article exchanges happpen, and made it successful enough for affiliates to discover, and take over, the article exchanges. And now they want to get back to those roots.

The game HAS changed, and if they want to keep seeing the kind of numbers they have been, they will have to find a middle ground. And now we get to "business is business" and the fact that their goals are contrary to the current article marketing "scene". It doesn't matter whether you wrote a similar article or someone else did, if they want publishers to get back to publishing their stuff they don't need articles that are 50% plus similar on the same topic. It hurts the publishers, who they were once, ostensibly, working for.

Google is shaking things up too, right now. Imagine owning a site like ezinearticles.com, coming in to work (or whatever) one day and finding yourself de-indexed because your site was 90+% duplicate, affiliate linked content? It might hurt, but google could, of course, afford to do it. It might not hurt google at all, but improve perception of their results. If they believe this, they'll do it.

Quite a dilemma, and I have a lot of thoughts on this right now, I may just write an e-book, lol. It's not worth the gargantuan forum posts. Just to say, some change is needed. Google and the others will drop the whole thing like a hot potato if it keeps on this road.

Just my thoughts, sorry for the giant post :)

goliath, Oct 13, 2009 IP
  20. snotb4ll

snotb4ll Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Ezine Articles is becoming a lot like Google.

They think cause they are the #1 article place they can pretty much do whatever, but what they fail to realize is affiliates who write articles are the ones keeping them in business. Plus they are not the only article place on the web. There are plenty of other good article sites out there to use you just have to look around.

With the amount of money they make off google adsense you'd think they would welcome your article.

I personally don't use them anymore cause we all know time is money, and it just takes to much effort and time to get articles approved there anymore. For the amount of work I put in to get 1 article approved at Ezine Articles I can have 5 submitted an approved else where.

Google adwords banned my account for no reason, and you know what that led me to do? Find other places to use, and I did just that and make even more money now without Google.

I'm sure if we all look and test we can find other articles places and make just as much if not more money without the help of Ezine Articles.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
    snotb4ll, Oct 14, 2009 IP