1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Want to create a website for my company. Need Help!!!

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by smithtaylor, Jul 24, 2009.

I am working in an advertising company and I want to establish a website for my company. I am little bit nervous about fake companies which take money early and not complete your work at time. Anyone please suggest me any company which can make a website for me and ask for the money after the completion of the work.

smithtaylor, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  2. BlueIce08

BlueIce08 Member

Best Answers:
    You will find very few companies will take all the money at the end as there are people around that sometimes don't pay. Most companies I know take 50% upfront, which usually pleases both parties.

BlueIce08, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  3. sarah_harvey

sarah_harvey Active Member

Best Answers:
    A good company or business individual will require 50% upfront and if they are genuine they would protect themselves with a contract. That is usually how it works.

Good luck.

sarah_harvey, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  4. dylangle

dylangle Peon

Best Answers:
    I like all businesses CONTRACT is very important. Make sure that your have the portion of "penalties on late completion" :)

Company profile is also important, this shows their capability of making business. :)

dylangle, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  5. bredhough

bredhough Peon

Best Answers:
    You are right my friend, because there are many fake companies which do the same what you are saying. In fact they use to take money early and not complete your work before time. But I know one of the company ThePixelStudios which will take money after making your website. And it gives 110% satisfaction guaranty to all his customers. The Pixel Studios is professional, very creative, and easy to deal with. Their staff paid close attention to how I wanted things done and they believed it. It would be my pleasure to work with them in future.

bredhough, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  6. Ad-Zones Marketing

Ad-Zones Marketing Peon

Best Answers:
    I provide professional web design, graphic design and logos. Flash Presentation is also available. PM me, I think I could work with you more than most as I do all the work myself and could work a deal on the payment.

Portfolio is available upon request.

Thanks.

Ad-Zones Marketing, Jul 25, 2009 IP
  7. marty9575

marty9575 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would not recommend upfront payment to any webdesigner/company I have not worked with before.

In my opinion the only reasonably safe and fair way of contracting webdesign services consists of 2 equally important steps:

1. Be absolutely clear about what you want/need and explain it in good detail to a designer/coder. If you are uncertain or are looking for ideas, let them make suggestions, but in the end both you and the provider need to be very clear about what is expected and put it into a written agreement.

2. Payment of services ONLY through Escrow. There are several Feelancer websites out there, and most webdesigners/companies have an account with at least 1 of these sites (just ask them, because that is where many of them get some of their work). Most of these sites have integrated Escrow service where you as an "employer" can place a deposit in Escrow to get the project started.

I usually deposit 50% of the agreed fee, to be released after the work is finished on the developer's server.
    I then deposit the other 50% into Escrow and have the developer/coder deliver the finished product and get it installed and tested on my hosting server. If everything works fine I release the second Escrow payment.

This way I have a guarantee that I will not lose my money if the developer/coder does not start or finish the project (or falls too far behind, you need a clause for this in your agreement!), while the developer/coder has the guarantee that the money is there when he starts working and that he will get paid when the project is finished (even if you back out of the project).

Hope this helps, Good Luck!

marty9575, Jul 25, 2009 IP
  8. johnkhoo

johnkhoo Peon

Best Answers:
    You can have a look at my company's web design works at http://www.myhostgate.com/product/webdesign.asp

We can even offer good multimedia web design if you want to. You can PM me to see our works.

About the payment, we can discuss how to work on it so that we have a win-win ending. Maybe will have to go through Escrow as other member suggest. If that is the case, there will be some transaction fee involved.

johnkhoo, Jul 28, 2009 IP