1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can a Christian here explain the concept of hell...?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by TheNoose, Mar 5, 2009.

1. cientificoloco

cientificoloco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And this is quite significant since the Templeton Foundation is religiously motivated.

cientificoloco, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  2. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    I wonder if they took into account how strong the faith of the people praying was. In the Bible it does give some indication that the more faith you have, the better the outcome. I don't really see how this could ever be something that science can prove or disprove. There are always at least two possible explanations to every miracle. In the end it just comes down to which one you're most prone to believe.

SolutionX, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  3. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Rebecca:D, for not chastising me for calling you Becky, but I think Becky is such a Sweet and Endearing short form of Rebecca, that I just couldn't resist.

I don't doubt one moment that the finding is there, and is good. . .for now. But more often than not, when you get into mutations, they almost always lead to something destructive.

Nehemiah, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  4. dannobester

dannobester Peon

Best Answers:
    It is the absence of hope ... the total separation from God!

dannobester, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  5. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    Ahhh, mutations of genes to allow a species to survive will lead to destruction now?

And that lovely article you posted ther, I saw it said something about Darwin not having a shred of evidence that what he was saying is correct. I think thats why it is call Darwin's Theory/Theory of Evolution. Correct me if I'm wrong. I am glad your calming down some. Its nice to have a debate with a calm person :) I am curious though, so Darwin didn't have any evidence, what real, true evidence do we have, besides the words of Man? We can see genetic mutations in animals....

Dannobester, way to add absolutely nothing to the discussion :)

hostlonestar, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  6. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:
    Hell = married with children!!!

Roman, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  7. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    And there you have it folks, 5 pages of nothingness and we finally get the answer :)

hostlonestar, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  8. ardley216

ardley216 Peon

Best Answers:
    haha roman!! im not there yet.. but i'll take your word!

evidence IS a science... science IS evidence...

ardley216, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  9. Nehemiah

Nehemiah Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, you can really put that to rest, and show everybody how wrong and crazy I am by showing us just one shred of the slightest iota of proof that anything that has mutated has caused something other than that which is destructive. . .can you say cancer cell???

The article about Darwin, stated that he had no, absolutely none, nada, nil, ongoing observable proof of his claim.

Now here's "Darwin's Theory/Theory of Evolution": "I can make you look like a monkey".
    Now here's Nehemiah's Teaching: "JESUS CHRIST can take your nothing-ness (all that crap you feel inside after I respond to one of your post to/about me) and turn it into an EVERLASTING SOMETHING."

Listen to me, I've been where you are now, done that! I asked questions that the Greatest HUMAN minds couldn't answer. . .but GOD DID!

You can believe me now, or you can believe me later. . .I still get rewarded for having TOLD you THE TRUTH!

Nehemiah, Mar 22, 2009 IP
  10. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    http://www.butterfly-conservation.org/uploads/Livesofmoths.pdf

There you go, mutations that don't cause destruction. Same thing I posted in your other retarded "BE A CHRISTIAN OR YOU WILL GO TO HELL" Thread. When are you going to start the next one?

If I go by your theory's, I see a God that created cancer, a painful death, with a lot of suffering involved. I've seen good Christians fall to this disease. Yet another reason I refuse to believe this God of yours exists. Show me one shred of proof that he does.

You have yet to do that, in any of your threads you post in. Stop trying to convert everyone. No body is drinking that kool-aid.

hostlonestar, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  11. jhelectronics

jhelectronics Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes we see genetic mutations in animals, but we never seen an animal change into another animal. A dog is still a dog. Rabbit never became a cat.

jhelectronics, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  12. jhelectronics

jhelectronics Peon

Best Answers:
    God did not create sin. The fallen angel, Lucifer bought sin to earth. God created a perfect place without sin.

Sin is sin. One sin is not worst than another. Lying is just as bad as stealing a car.

13. cientificoloco

cientificoloco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    and you have no idea what you are talking about

cientificoloco, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  14. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:
    Who created the snake? Who created lucifer? And why did god let these bad things into his garden.

So if a Christian lies he/she might as well steal and kill, it's all the same?

Roman, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  15. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought Adam and Eve brought sin to the world? Damn, I missed something when I read Genesis huh?

hostlonestar, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  16. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No they don't. Mutations are generally unnoticeable and have no effect on the organism either way. Every human is born with around 200 genes not found anywhere else in their lineage. Are there some damaging mutations? Of course, but that's the beauty of natural selection, it removes damaging mutations and propagates beneficial ones.

So even if what you said was true, which it demonstrably isn't, natural selection inhibits the propagation of damaging mutations and propels the propagation of beneficial ones.

stOx, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  17. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    How the hell do you think evolution happens? And you are not very educated in evolution are you? Survival of the fittest? Rabbit's don't evolve into cats. They evolve into better rabbits, through genetic mutations to suit their environments. HEnce, making a new species of rabbit. You need to read up on how animals are classified. All the way from animal to species. Usually, scientific names use two types of classifications when saying them, do you know those 2 types without googling? didn't think so.

18. jhelectronics

jhelectronics Peon

Best Answers:
    That's my point. It's still a rabbit.

19. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's just the name we have given a particular organism. I doubt you are going to win a Nobel prize by stating "it's still a rabbit" in your attempt at refuting evolution.

If you are asking us if a cat could ever come from a rabbit id ask you to tell me which scientific theory says that is possible. because the theory of evolution certainly doesn't.

If you could, id like you to answer the following questions either yes or no.
    1. Do you believe mutations occur?
    2. Are genetic characteristics passed on to progeny?
    3. Do animals better suited to their environment, on average, produce more offspring?
    4. could a large number of small changes ultimately culminate in to what could be described as a large change?

stOx, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  20. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    And you really do not know anything about evolution. Please, stop while your behind. You are hurting the image of all anti-evolutionists.

Since you don't seem to be able to read well, simply misunderstood my question, or completely ignored it because you have no clue, here is the 2 types used for naming species. Genus, and Species. This is used for any type of organism.

Rabbit, is the Genus. There are several types of rabbits, each EVOLVED to excel in their specific environment and aid against threats. These are all different species. Mutations cause new and improved species.

You must still be too young to take Biology. Either that, or you just don't know anything about it.

He probably will either not return, or completely ignore your questions. He has no idea what he's talking about.

What's wrong Nehemiya? Been refuted and can't come up with more lies to spread? Scared we'll refute more? Surprised us "at's/ag's" know what we're talking about? Looking for something in the scripture to help you out?