1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Want to Lower Your Alexa Ranking

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by GuruCreation, Mar 2, 2009.

Using this method to lower your websites Alexa rank will not have any affect on your websites traffic. I don't recommend doing this but who am I to tell you what to do with your website.

Personally, I think Alexa sucks and it has no affect on your website's performance, but some people love to have a low Alexa ranking - so here is how you do it.

1. Go to www.Alexa.com and download their crappy tool bar. Now download the Sparky toolbar at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5362 and install both tool bars on your Firefox browser.

2. Find the 3 most clicked links on your website and stick this code in your HTML for each link.

Example: http://redirect.alexa.com/redirect?http://www.YOURURL.com

Now every time someone clicks on that link your Alexa rank will be pushed lower.

Don't go crazy adding this code to all your pages internal links because you will jack up your indexed pages an so on.

3. Now if you want to turbo charge your Alexa ranking drop there are several ways to do this.

- Add the redirect code to forum post that you make.

- When you submit a post to a social bookmark website use the redirect code.

- Write an article and submit it to article directories with the redirect code in the resource box.

...and so on.

In reality this is really a big waste of time unless you are selling links on your website through a service that uses Alexa to determine how much you can charge.

GuruCreation, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  2. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Everybody already knows that!

Chancey, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  3. woogley

woogley Peon

Best Answers:
    yes i agreed. What you need to share us is how to lower our alexa ranking and to get on top 1

woogley, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  4. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, Sorry, I was just trying to help those that keep buying traffic. Save your money.. That only gets you a higher Alexa rank, but no sales. What good is that?

5. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I can arrange for this.

6. Aurakel

Aurakel Peon

Best Answers:
    I think if you are selling advertisement space or links, this is a very useful tip. You can fetch higher price for your ads space.

Aurakel, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  7. vinogradov

vinogradov Active Member

Best Answers:
    i didn't know, and yes alexa does suck

vinogradov, Mar 2, 2009 IP
  8. mrdo

mrdo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can't believe alexa, and your post seems old :)

mrdo, Mar 2, 2009 IP