Higher PR Ranking

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Sari, Feb 23, 2005.

Hello everyone,

Can anyone offer any advice as to how one goes about getting a higher PR Ranking for their website?? My website is fairly new and has a PR ranking of 1. What besides link exchanges, would help with a higher PR ranking? Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sari
    www.CoconutzHomeAndGarden.com

Sari, Feb 23, 2005 IP
  2. ResaleBroker

ResaleBroker Active Member

Best Answers:
    Links from high PR sites. ;)

ResaleBroker, Feb 23, 2005 IP
  3. Jim bob 9 pants

Jim bob 9 pants Peon

Best Answers:
    IMO

1. Site content, good KW rich original content.

2. Lots of pages in the site, big old site.

3. DMOZ

4. More Links, but relevant links

5. Time, lots of lovely time making no money, worring, thinking, reading trying.

Jim bob 9 pants, Feb 23, 2005 IP
  4. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The only thing that can help increase your pagerank is links from other high PR pages. Don't worry too much about PR though, it's now more than an by-product of good rankings rather than the reason.

MattUK, Feb 24, 2005 IP
  5. hdwills

hdwills Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lots of low PR links will also increase your PR. And high PR links will do wonders. At the end of the day, its the SERP , the resultant visitors and sales that count. Unless of course you are aslo looking forward to sell links on your website as another revenue option.

hdwills, Feb 24, 2005 IP
  6. Diamondbacks

Diamondbacks Peon

Best Answers:
    Isn't it true that all else being equal, a higher PR page will rank higher in the SERPs than a lower PR page?

Diamondbacks, Feb 24, 2005 IP
  7. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, because it depends on where they got that PR from (relevence of linking page / site; level of authority on relevant topic of linking site etc).

Dominic, Feb 24, 2005 IP
  8. Diamondbacks

Diamondbacks Peon

Best Answers:
    That sounds like "Topic-Sensitive PageRank." When did that kick in?

Diamondbacks, Feb 24, 2005 IP
  9. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    TSPR, Local Rank, Theming, call it what you want but IMO it's had an impact for some time, just seems to be more powerful these days.

Dominic, Feb 24, 2005 IP
  10. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Are you sure TPSR is in operation?

MattUK, Feb 24, 2005 IP
  11. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    This is impossible. If all else is equal, they'd have the same PR as well.

If one has a higher PR, then they have more links or higher PR links - but NOT equal. Assuming more links with correct anchor text then yes, they are very much likely to rank higher.

T0PS3O, Feb 24, 2005 IP
  12. Jim bob 9 pants

Jim bob 9 pants Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there,

My inital post has recived some negitive feedback, which I will agree with. I focused on your request " What besides link exchanges, would help with a higher PR ranking? " and some of my comments wont increase PR but they will help SERPS and linking (dmoz inclusion)

follow this http://webworkshop.net/pagerank.html and look at the internal link header, this might help answer your question I have found similar around the web. I am not of a mathmatical mind so I am just trusting the article. It also refers to another point in the article I refered to, site size!

I hope that gives you some more help and thank you (you know how you are) for your ctitique it works, I did read the initial post! but you have helped me think about my reply! (I hate addmiting i was wrong!!!!!! well almost)

Jim bob 9 pants, Mar 1, 2005 IP
  13. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sari: The first two things that Jim has suggested won't affect your PR, but Google generally likes lots of good content and lots of pages (Google likes big sites) so it's good to add more content to your site in any case.

IMO, you should split the time you spend on your site 4 ways, spend one quarter adding quality content and more features to your site that help you get repeat traffic. The rest of your time should be spending increasing links from other sites.

Sari: Submit your website to as many directories as you can find. Google directory, yahoo Directory, DMOZ are the main ones but there are lots of other directories that you can find online. Just search Google for "submit url" (with the quotes) and you will find heaps of sites. You should also spend some time every day exchanging links with sites.

TSPR: This hasn't kicked in, IMO. Having said that, it's better to get links from related sites as you can benefit from the site's PR as well as the traffic that you get from these sites.

dfsweb, Mar 1, 2005 IP