1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to wake up early?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by TheLex, Nov 14, 2008.

1. CrystalsQuest

CrystalsQuest Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm doing a 30 day trial at my crystalsquest blog (and on twitter) of getting up at 4.30 during the week (I leave for work at 6) so I have time to do my online fun stuff before I go. Things I've found so far (I'm on day 9):

• I accidentally gave up coffee, (long story, it's on the blog) and am sleeping better and being more awake when I do get up
    • I have a dawn simulator alarm clock - those are all but impossible to ignore, although after having it a few years I'm getting better at it.
    • If you get in the habit of rolling straight over and pulling the covers up to make the bed, you can be up and standing before your brain wakes up enough to say "five more minutes" - it has to be an instant, reflexive response though.
    • Afternoon short naps (1/2 to 1 hr) really help if you're not going to get the whole 8 hours overnight
    • Believe it or not, bouncing up and down for 30 seconds will wake you up surprisingly effectively.
    • An apple is a better wake-up option than a cup of coffee (this one's not mine, the scientists reckon so and I've just tested it. Works for me)
    • Have as much as possible pre-planned and laid out the night before. Know exactly what you're going to do first, so you can move into it without thinking. Giving yourself the chance to think is a sure recipe for downfall.
    • Have a regular routine for going to bed and getting up. I clean the kitchen, a few 'clutter' hotspots, pack my bag, lay out my outfit, do my teeth and journal at night. In the morning, it's "ABCDE" - Arise, Bed (make it), Clean (shower etc), Dress, Eat. I just recite that and move through it automatically, and it doesn't matter that my brain's still asleep. I don't need it ;)

Crystal

CrystalsQuest, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  2. Matthewbb

Matthewbb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    when the alarm goes off, get up, take a shower and do not go back to bed.

Matthewbb, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  3. addiktion

addiktion Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, almost all alarm clocks make you cranky in the morning. It's the fact that it's that sudden, loud, unpleasant, SAME OLD alarm clock that you hear every day. Most of us either go to school or go to work, and when we hear that alarm clock, we know that what follows that sound, is a boring day.

So we become almost trained like dogs, to be naturally tired and not willing to get up after hearing it since we know what's coming up. Ever notice how if you know you're going to like the water park that day or an amusement park, that no matter when you went to bed, you can wake up as early as you want and be fully awake and in the greatest mood, but not on a weekday when you know you're stuck at work. Get a sunrise alarm clock. Not sure exactly what they're called, but they work by imitating sunlight, and since sunlight is natural, you won't a) be startled and suddenly awoken to a disturbing noise, and b) you can't get trained to the light so you won't feel crappy when you get up and remember you have work to do.

So just change your alarm clock, it can make a huge difference. Also, eat right, and go to sleep early :D That should do it.

addiktion, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  4. vccseller

vccseller Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yep. Always works like a charm.

But since we are very depended on technology these days, we should bring in the clocks and stuffs :p!!!

vccseller, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  5. Li Weng

Li Weng Peon

Best Answers:
    Regular exercise and sleep early.

Li Weng, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  6. EV-DO

EV-DO Banned

Best Answers:
    Get a repeat alaram it will continue ringing in every five minutes for 3-4 times till you dont go to settings and change it to dont repeat.

And believe me after doing that much settings you will wake up lol.

EV-DO, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  7. Celerix.net

Celerix.net Banned

Best Answers:
    better alarm your clock and assuming theres a time bomg on your clock.. lolz

The better thing is dont sleep :D

Celerix.net, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  8. virtualreality

virtualreality Peon

Best Answers:
    Ask someone who usually wake up earlier than you to call you on the morning.

virtualreality, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  9. mike30

mike30 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use two methods to wake up early.

1- Go to bed very early(almost never)
    2- One glass of water.(I tell my wife/ex-wife to empty a glass of water in my face if I don't wake up with the alarm and when I hear the alarm I just know that it will rain if I don't put my feet on the floor)

mike30, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  10. linkgator

linkgator Peon

Best Answers:
    Ask someone to pour a bucket of water on you. :p

linkgator, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  11. MsG24

MsG24 Guest

Best Answers:
    I have 3 alarms that go off in the morning. There are two set on my cell phone and one on my dresser that I have to get out of bed to turn off. I have finally come to the realization that I need to go to bed before midnight in order to be able to get out of bed by 6:30AM - 7:00AM.

MsG24, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  12. fancymouj

fancymouj Peon

Best Answers:
    Go to bed in early.

fancymouj, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  13. ThugRulezz

ThugRulezz Peon

Best Answers:
    i believe in the saying early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy wealthy and wise....very true indeed....if you sleep early you will definitely wake up early....

ThugRulezz, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  14. Allen91

Allen91 Peon

Best Answers:
    That is a way to do that, and get another clock next to your bed. set it half hour earlier than it.

And you have to force yourself to wake up earlier if you have to. :)

Allen91, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  15. lorddan01

lorddan01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Drink lots and lots of water the night before, obviously it wakes you up early in the need for the bathroom:D

Have a nice day.

lorddan01, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  16. freerollers

freerollers Peon

Best Answers:
    get alot of alarm clocks and place them around the house so you have to go up and run around to shut em all off :)

freerollers, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  17. vonowen

vonowen Peon

Best Answers:
    waking up early in the morning is so hard especially when it's raining.. I don't know the exact reason for this but the more and harder it rains I just feel to stay in my comfortable bed and sleep

vonowen, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  18. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    Ask your 3 year old kid to wake up full of power at 7am.

scubita, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  19. BetterMarketing

BetterMarketing Banned

Best Answers:
    All I have to do is set the alarm and I get up on the dot. I guess if you are having a hard time, search the internet a bit and you'll find something.

BetterMarketing, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  20. donlin

donlin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Check out some of the catalogs for people with special needs (hearmore.com) comes to mind. They offer alarm clocks that plug into strong vibrators and I've been told they really buzz your head off when inserted in your pillow case.

donlin, Nov 17, 2008 IP