1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pyramid Linking - a new way to build static, one way links for free

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by mad4, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Jim_Westergren

Jim_Westergren Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just what I wrote as well, this has to be done fast.

Frankly I start to disbelieve the program. I placed a large number of links but I get hardly any links back ...

Jim_Westergren, Mar 30, 2006 IP
  2. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    As a couple of people have suggested I am altering the system so you only get credits for the actual links you place. Previously if there were only 2 other sites in your category we offered the full credits.

The system is designed to build links gradually and slowly (to simulate natural link growth). Nobody should expect to get loads of links within a few days of joining.

mad4, Mar 30, 2006 IP
  3. Caydel

Caydel Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think anyone here really expects that, mad4. But I am starting to question your concept of the mathematics behind this thing.

If you for any reason give someone 60 backlinks, after they only place 4, that places a lot of required backlinks into the pool for very few people coming in. At that rate, there is a full order of magitute between each tier.

ie,

1. 10
    2. 100
    3. 1000
    4. 10000
    5. 100000
    6. 1000000
    7. 10000000

etc. etc.

This mean that for alot of us, we won't et our credited links until there are 10 times as many sites in the program as their are now.

Since I would assume there are about 700 campaigns right now based on the referral number, that means we have to wait for another 6300 people to join to fulfil exosting link obligations. The people at that point have to wait until another 63,000 people join, and those people wil have to wait until 630,000 people join.

Unless you can limit the number of backlinks given vs. links placed, this project will quickly spin out of control. If you want this to survive, ensure that only 2 links are given for every one placed, and work extra hard to invalidate old sites that do not meet these requirements.

This program has alot of potential, but there are some serious problems in the near future.

Caydel, Mar 30, 2006 IP
  4. cldnails

cldnails Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Definatley, there should be a cap to linkage. Or perhaps reach a happy medium, what about offering 1.5x the amount of links instead of 2x. Perhaps run a promotion where you get 2x the amount of links down the road and intermittently to keep the word buzzing around.

Personally, so far I've been happy with the results although getting PR4 sites to link to are taking an extra long time. However, I knew going in this was beta and that it would take some time to get the kinks worked out. So, my hat is still off to the creator.

cldnails, Mar 30, 2006 IP
  5. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    I do appreciate the need to limit the links given and this will be sorted later today to make it a definate 2-1 ratio.

Maybe in the future the links can be given in a 1.5-1 ratio or something?

Its my goal to make this as sustainable as possible for everybodys benefit. Obviously there are changes still to be made but its on the right track thanks to all your suggestions in this thread.:)

mad4, Mar 30, 2006 IP
  6. jim

jim Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If I have two links up, I should be owed 4 links, no? but it says:

You should be showing the following 30 links on http://www.esl-blog.com/archives/001250.html

Below are the pages showing the link xxx.

You are owed 0 links.

URL Last Validated Page Rank

Want more links? You can get 5 one way static backlinks for every new user that you refer to us. More details......

jim, Mar 30, 2006 IP
  7. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you have an error, give me a few hours and I will check it out......

mad4, Mar 30, 2006 IP
  8. Caydel

Caydel Peon

Best Answers:
    How many links did you request to place?

Caydel, Mar 30, 2006 IP
  9. Caydel

Caydel Peon

Best Answers:
    mad4 - perhaps you may want to consider removing the option for placing 30 links - when you place that amount of links on a page, it is just completely spammy.

You should make a quality policy for the sites that join.

Caydel, Mar 30, 2006 IP
  10. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you think reducing the limit to 20 for new users would be better?

If thats the general feeling then I will go with it.......

mad4, Mar 30, 2006 IP
  11. Caydel

Caydel Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, in the end it's your decision, since you are the creator. It is just that the reason most people would do this is for PR reasons, and 30 link on a page do not pass very much PR to the next. Also, this makes the sites somewhat spammy as I mentioned earlier.

Caydel, Mar 30, 2006 IP
    mad4 likes this.
  12. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    IMO, you should limit amount of link in a single page.

ahkip, Mar 30, 2006 IP
  13. Jim_Westergren

Best Answers:
    My suggestion to get this successful:

Take this as a pilot period.

In a week from now or earlier relaunch the program and cancel everything. Send an e-mail to all accounts to tell them to delete and replace their links with the new program. (some damages yes, but IMO is necessary)

Suggestions:

1. 1:1,5 ratio OR 1:1
    2. Max 15 links per page
    3. Only get credits of what you place
    4. Only place on max 3 pages of a domain
    5. Increase the referral bonus
    6. Change domain and program name ... the word "pyramid" is like a super warning for all SEOs. I myself refrain from promoting anything with the word pyramid in it.

Just my 2 cents ...

If you do the above changes I am willing to support you with finances and promotion in the next launch.

14. johneva

johneva Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like the idea of limiting the amount of links on each page to keep quality higher.

I have only added 5 links to each page and have added them to 3 of my sub pages not links pages too.

Also yep I think unfortunatly that reducing the exchange ratio is going to be a must.

I also think there should have been an automotive catagory, as I have exchanged with three diffrent catorgrys Finance, Business and Recreation all of them have auto sites in, but I can see me ending up with a load of non relevant sites linking to me.

I have already had one naf link already this is for the one page I added with no PR, the link back is from a directory with no PR and 30 outbound links along the bottom. Grrrrr

EDIT
    I have also noticed that one of the campaigns is not working properly it has validated ok but it says "You are owed 0 links." even though it has validated e links.

The other two campaigns are fine.

Grrr I have just had another site link to me from a links page with 30 outbound links and the site has no relevance. I am thinking I am definatly going to have to remove this campaign.

johneva, Mar 30, 2006 IP
  15. adamjthompson

adamjthompson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why not just use the links per page factor as part of the equation in determining how many links back they get?

adamjthompson, Mar 30, 2006 IP
  16. Jim_Westergren

Best Answers:
    Very smart!

17. mvandemar

mvandemar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, just pointing this out so you know... it's the basic premise of how it works, not the specific ratio of links given to links received, that will make it flawed... setting it to 1:1.5 ratio will slow things down slightly, but really not by much. At that rate, you would need 637,621,500.2 (six hundred thirty seven million, six hundred twenty one thousand, five hundred point two) signups in the 50th tier to support the 49th tier. :)

-Michael

mvandemar, Mar 30, 2006 IP
  18. Caydel

Caydel Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, but pages don't last forever. As long as pages are invalidated or removed, the links they require will no longer be needed.

Caydel, Mar 30, 2006 IP
  19. tomzx

tomzx Peon

Best Answers:
    ... We have many website, so there's actually not a need for those billion of people to sign up.

Note that it's also better to say you have a 1:2 ratio than a 1:1 even though you don't get the link. I'm not obsessed with how many links I have received so far, so should you.

tomzx, Mar 30, 2006 IP
  20. alifan

alifan Peon

Best Answers:
    IS this really a good idea - will google see you linking to bad neibors?

alifan, Mar 30, 2006 IP