1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Respect

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Lordo, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Edz

Edz Peon

Best Answers:
    Latehorn wrote:
    No we can't since it is Islamic law that gives room for violence in religion!
    As has been said by Lordo already (Muslim Sheiks can order an act of violence in the name of Islam) and by viewing the quote i posted from wikipedia about Fatwa it is obvious that there is room for violence in the name of Islam if it is pronounced by individuals with status and prestige in the Islamic community.

And as a result people without status taking this as a rolemodel and also starting to make announcements of their own and stiring people up for commiting violence in the name of Allah.

It's a snowball effect can't you see :( the top needs to set the right example.
    You can not take decisions for God/Allah by ordering or commiting acts of violence in the name of Islam since no man can speak for him.

You ask why?
    Explanation above ^

Edz, Mar 8, 2006 IP
  2. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Great post, Edz.

Blogmaster, Mar 8, 2006 IP
  3. demonsnakeyes

demonsnakeyes Guest

Best Answers:
    you right dude! i hope spiritual leaders will do some research and talk with Muslim leaders... in this way they can peacefully stop and correct this crooked mentality...

demonsnakeyes, Mar 8, 2006 IP
  4. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Christianity does have laws, it has the laws of God. The Bible also says 'submit your selves to the law of the land, and render unto Caesar that which is Caesars'.

I do not know of ANY religion that preaches murder (dress it up as you wish as Christians did in the 12 century during the crusades, and many Muslim militants do now, but it is murder) THOUGH SHALT NOT KILL! Not a lot of room for interpretation there is there ;)

Islam means peace, so how can anyone justify killing in the name of peace ?

The other end of the scale are the Hawks who now run America, with their made up threats and hidden agendas on which they invade countries and murder innocent people in the name of freedom, WHO's FREEDOM?.

Why can we not live together? Islam and Christianity? Why not?

I will tell you why not, because the evil that is in every one of us takes over, and the needs and desires of man hijack the religion.

Under Islamic and Christian law it is forbidden to make any images or likenesses of the God, yet BOTH do it, and worse still are proud to do it. Hypocrisy Gentlemen, is what we see, hypocrisy and perversion of gentle faiths to gain the end of man.

Faith is beautiful, and faith does not cause wars, it is religion that causes wars, and religion on ALL sides should be despised.

If Christians and Muslims followed their God in Faith, then no one would be killed, as the law of BOTH religion forbids it.

Old Welsh Guy, Mar 8, 2006 IP
  5. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Read the quran. The crusades were the result of Christians fighting back. What were they fighting back, against? Laying down to die was not an option.

A common misperception. Islam means submit. It does not mean peace.

Threats do not need to be made up, we see them every day. Before Iraq, before 9/11 and after. The threat is real and many have been prevented from being carried out.

There is no hijacking islam. This is another common misperception. Islam is, what it is. We need more people that actually take the time to learn about it (rather than assume about it) and ask the all important questions of: if islam is so peaceful, why is it responsible for so much killing around the world on a daily basis? If islam is about peace and tolerance, why can't Christians or other religions worship in Saudi Arabia and other muslim countries? If islam is about peace and tolerance, why do hadiths call Jews the sons of pigs and apes and offers every muslim a Jew to kill before the final day so that they can all go to paradise?

Man need not pervert islam. Reading the scriptures will reveal it to those uninformed.

Wars are caused by a number of factors, including evil dictators that choose to murder half a million of their own people. Religions of all sides should not be lumped into a whole based on the actions of one, for political correctness. People should have the right to choose and worship in any religion they choose in any country. I support the right to freedom of religion and take no issue with any religion, as long as it's teachings do not threaten me, my family, my country or my way of life. islam is the only religion I'm aware of that poses such a threat.

Many muslims are peaceful people because they do not specifically follow the teachings of their prophet's word. Many Christians are peaceful people because they do follow the teachings of their prophet's word.

GTech, Mar 8, 2006 IP
  6. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Unless those leaders silently rejoice in their actions.

Blogmaster, Mar 9, 2006 IP
  7. merryjazz

merryjazz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i agree on the thread starter. two thumbs up!

merryjazz, Mar 31, 2006 IP
  8. TWalker

TWalker Peon

Best Answers:

Ahh.yes. Thats a good way of putting it.

:p

TWalker, Sep 6, 2006 IP