1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Obama and the Muslim mystery

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by britishguy, Nov 14, 2007.

1. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Are you referring to Clinton? :)

wisdomtool, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  2. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Probably.. After all the majority of the population is centered the predominantly ignorant Milwaukee county area... You give these guys cigarettes or fruit of the looms and they will vote any way you want them too.

How true..

I'd have to agree. This includes any other country as well.. If you cannot respect your own country how can you expect others to respect you.

He gets the nomination, it's gonna be nasty. McCain has a closet temper and can be a real asshole... This poor kid will wish he was back in the mosque.

Clinton is nothing.. McCain will tear him apart. Right now, Clinton would rather her murder of Vince Foster not come to the surface. Between that and other skeletons in her closet, I think she has been hesitant to push Obamas loyalty to the Hamas and Islam.

McCain will let him have it. As much as I cannot stand McCain, he beats the crap out of Obama on the patriot level. While Obama was learning how best to rape 9 year old girls, McCain was being beat, shit on, pissed on and continually mentally and physically tortured as a POW.

Make no mistake about it. McCain's service to his country will be a big issue and play a huge role in this election. Compare that to the Hamas backed Obama and I would not be surprised if he ends up deported to the motherland.

Mia, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  3. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    I would say one more advantage McCain has is given that Congress and Senate are controlled by Democrats, it is likely that a Republican Presidential candidate stands more chance as Americans would want some counter balance of powers.

wisdomtool, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  4. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    A flag is only a symbol. It is not important. What is important is what it represents. Making a symbol more important than what it represents is insanity.

Zibblu, Feb 19, 2008 IP
  5. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A flag is only a symbol. It's important for what it represents.

Obamas refusal to honor the flag :mad: is important to note.

bogart, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Disrespecting the symbol is the same as disrespecting what it represents. Just like the denigration of a religious icon would be the same as denigrating the religion, the same holds true for the flag.

Take these Berkley assholes for instance. I wonder how many of them that are burning the flag would find urinating on the "Quaran" to be acceptable? Something to think about.

But if you burned a "Quaran" in front of him, I guarantee there would be hell to pay...

Mia, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  7. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Good point. Historically that seems to be the case.. My guess is more Senate democrats particularly would welcome this given McCain's liberal nature.

Mia, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  8. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

I care what's in a man's heart.

[​IMG]

Jeremy, Bogart - "muslim," "flag salute and disrespect for one's country," simply repeating a falsehood over and over doesn't make it truth. I am disappointed you have chosen to pursue this tack, but then I have seen this all over the political spectrum on the forum.

northpointaiki, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  9. wisdomtool

Best Answers:
    People die for their countries' flags, to keep their flags upright and to uphold the dignity of the flag because the flag symbolize the country. I may be old fashioned in this aspect but if you burn my country's flag I will bash you even if I have to go to jail for it.

No doubt this is an age of high mobility and internationalization but some values never change and should never be changed.

wisdomtool, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  10. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:

bogart, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  11. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I would not even venture down this road if I did not truly believe what I know about Obama. He is a wolf in sheeps clothing.. He is not what he seems.

I also kinda wonder why the media never shows him smoking those three packs of cigarettes/day...

Par for the course.... She's ignorant. The best thing she can do for Obama is to keep her mouth shut when she's not performing whatever duties are required of a Muslim wife.

Mia, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  12. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Jeremy (Bogart, anyone else) - on what evidence?

I have said this many times - I believe, in this thread, alone. I wouldn't care if he were Muslim; I would if he were a liar. I have investigated the "allegations" against him. The "muslim" hoax was decisively exposed long ago. Independent organizations have researched the schools attended by Obama - nothing there - zilch. He has been an active member of his church for over 20 years - half his life.

He (like George Bush, apparently, from the pic above), doesn't put his hand on his heart during the national anthem, at least not all the time; he does during the pledge of allegiance. I'm glad he doesn't goosestep to every call for outward shows of patriotism, and credit him with the balls for not going the easy route. Has it ever occurred to folks - at a public event such as this, a photo op, wanting to win the Presidency, as bright as he is - if he truly believed this was a "bad" thing, why would the man have not just put his damn hand over his heart? Truth be told, they all "broke the etiquette," by having their asses face the flag. With all the issues before us, this is really the deal breaker? Is Bush also now "anti-American" because his hand was on his, uh, what, bellybutton during the anthem?

I am disgusted with the hypocrisy that says unless you look like me, act like me, dress like me - you're no American. I go on his words, his plans, and his abilities. We've had enough of an America divided into "American" and "not-American." I'm ready to give a shot to someone who can build bridges for a common good.

And it is looking like he is indeed going to be the next President of the United States. Those of you who can't stomach such a thought, I'd suggest you prepare yourselves. America wants it.

13. bogart

bogart Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Jimmy Carter was the change canidate back in 1976 and Carter was a disaster. The Soviet Union was on the verge of talking over the world and the US was in the worst recession since the great depression.

Obama sounds a lot like Carter. But wait a minute. Obama's main adviser and foreign policy adviser is Zbigniew Brzezinski, the mastermind of the disastrous Carter administration.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/24/AR2007082402127.html

What mosque did he attend the other half of his life?

bogart, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  14. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    None. But then, as we've already covered this many, many times - in this thread, for one - I would think you would have known this, Bogart. I have provided a good deal of information to that effect. Did you have a single instance of factual evidence to support your contention, or merely an opinion?

I do not have an issue with condemning the man on substance. We can agree to disagree, as gentlemen. But this kind of conspiracy nonsense has no place among us.

15. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic but I'm hopeful that the majority of Americans can look through this obvious fear mongering swift boatesque nonsense and see it for what it is. We've had enough of this kind of politics. That's what the whole Obama thing is about. Your small mindedness is going to be left behind. Good riddance.

I'd also like to add that the ridiculous crap that's being said about Obama in this thread actually pushed me to make a donation to Obama's campaign today. I hope more people are as disgusted by this as I am and also make a donation. Let this fear mongering BS backfire on those who try to spread it.

Obama is nearing 1 million total donors by the way. That's pretty amazing... I wonder how many McCain has? 25?

Zibblu, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  16. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If Obama becomes the candidate of the Democratic party, whether through smear campaigns, campaigns that escape the public eye, innuendo in public, and direct confrontation.....the GOP will attack Obama on all these levels.

There will be a twisting and misinterpretation campaign that will make effort to rip him apart.

If they tend to a strategy that Karl Rove has perfected they will focus on some of his strongest attributes and attack them...putting doubt in people's eyes.

Frankly the GOP is better at this type of attack ad then Democrats.

McCain has historically been unwilling to go to this level than others in the Republican party. In the heat of a competitive campaign he may approve and acknowledge more of these tactics. Some may come from groups over which he has little or no control.

As far as issues, here are some broad areas where Obama/Democrats will address the issues that concern Mia:

Education: They will focus more on public education and less on alternatives to public education.
    Lowering Taxes: Obama currently is addressing taxes this way. He is looking to drop taxes for middle income/low income and raise incomes for high taxes. Mia, do you make more than roughly $200,000/year? If so, if Obama has his way he'll raise your taxes? Do you make around $50,000/year? If so, he would look to lower your taxes.

How many here make more than $200,000 (rough range) w/ a family? If so....taxes will go up? How many make about $50,000? If so Obama would drop taxes.

Veterans benefits: Do you realize over the past few years Democrats have been dramatically better to vets than Republicans. Dramatically. Very recently, the tax rebate compromise that was effected after Senate debate was expanded to directly benefit Vets. They had been ignored in the original version negotiated between Bush and the House of Representatives.

Frankly the Republican party has talked a big game and basically looked to shave vets benefits. Its a lot of show and no meat.

In the Bush state of the union address, Bush added some statements for expanding vet benefits with regard to education.

The Bush budget that followed the State of the Union had $0000.00 directed toward this statement.

Nice words. No money. All show. No substance.

Anti-strike laws. Hah. They'll never address it. Do you have a business with union workers? Seriously, do you care? Does it mean a lot? Do you realize the number of workers in the US that are members of unions diminishes every year? Do you realize that unions are virtually a non-entity with regard to the US economy.

The shrinkage of union participation in the US economy has been dramatic over the past 30 years. Right now, with the latest year end loss reported by GM they are further taking efforts to slash long term employees who are union members.

When it comes to the environment....are you kidding? What is your concern. On virtually every environmental issue Democrats will lean further to protect environment than Republicans and Bush.

This administration has actually loosened and simply not practiced regulation in that regard.

earlpearl, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  17. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Most of those 1 million donors were people taken in by outward appearances, i assume.

I appreciate that Mia and bogart are trying to look deeper into this obama guy than being drawn in by his nice smile and honeyed words and this wonderful catchword of "change" as if he was going to change america into some kind of heaven.

lightless, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  18. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I like Jeremy, and have enjoyed some interesting discussions with Bogart. But here, they haven't looked deeper than an admitted series of hoaxes and falsehoods. Apparently, my friend, neither have you. For starters, unless you're just interested in continuing this ridiculous charade, I invite you to look over the first several pages of this thread, then come back.

19. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Bogart and jeremy have made some points that strike me as true. That's all.

I have nothing for or against obama. I like to look at both sides of the coin rather than going with obamamania.
    So i'm favouring his other side as Mia and bogart are pointing out.

Nobody's perfect and neither is obama and he has his negatives too, or do you disagree there too :)

lightless, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  20. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Okay - you have an opinion. Before condemning the quite likely next President of the United States as a sleeper Al Qaeda agent who will invoke the violent overthrow of the United States on taking office, it might be helpful to have a fact in place. That's all.