1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DMOZ is dead or hijacked by link vultures?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by toplinkhelper, Feb 15, 2008.

Out of 20 submission (2 yrs ago) none of my websites are getting approved. I've followed all their rules.

I can assume only 2 things
    1) They are dead
    2) they are hijacked by link vultures a.k.a Editors

All of my websites are now on No. 1 on Google for most generic single keyword.

Does anyone agrees with me or I'm the only "Grumpy" nuts ?

toplinkhelper, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  2. Getagrip

Getagrip Peon

Best Answers:
    Glad to hear that you are doing well on Google - I've heard that it is really hard to get approved by DMOZ.

Getagrip, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  3. nufcfan

nufcfan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Im not sure ranking high on google is an issue i had a site once that was listed in dmoz yet the site did nt rank that highly in google serps, i think its just comes down to luck on the day who reviews your site.

nufcfan, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  4. mysmehmood

mysmehmood Peon

Best Answers:
    i am waiting for more than 6 months, no response :)

mysmehmood, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  5. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Wrong category ask Mods to move please
    Thanks

britishguy, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  6. Binarywebs

Binarywebs Peon

Best Answers:
    dmoz is worthless, always has been, always will be. no clue why people put any value into it.

Binarywebs, Feb 15, 2008 IP
  7. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Anything submitted two years ago that hadn't been entered into the directory was sitting in the queue during the server crash of late '06. They were not recoverable, and the backups that were supposed to have been in place were not. Isn't a pretty tale.

It was only by incredible effort of a couple of diligent tech types that pieced it together like it was Humpty Dumpty that the entire collected work of every editor that ever edited there wasn't lost as well.

The editors didn't kick the plug outta the wall, editors didn't fail to do the backups... but we're the ones that get to remind people the queue went into cyberspace and never returned. Holler if you wish... we did the same thing.

If the sites fit and you're up to the exercise you are obviously welcome to resubmit. It's kinda like getting to the teller window with cash in hand just as the bank robber enters... timing is everything.

robjones, Feb 15, 2008 IP