1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Womens Rights -- Are they for all women or just some women?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Will.Spencer, Dec 15, 2005.

1. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    except that the ones who do things that the west doesn't agree with are the ones obeying their book of their prophet. KKK doesn't following the teaching of Christ, if you don't believe me do some reading. Christ didn't hate the Jews, he was a Jew, the funny thing about KKK not liking parts of the bible cause they say the jews ReWrote it is that it was written all by Jews, except in the case before Jews, but those were ancestors of the Jews. So a nazi hating Jews but calling themselves christian is as backwards as it gets.

debunked, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  2. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bull shit :rolleyes: I see you have the same animosity towards Muslims that a racist KKK member has for African-Americans.

yo-yo, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  3. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What part????!!?!?! - please enlighten me........

I don't hate muslims, BTW, just because I see the religion as not one of peace according to their own book and by the actions of many, not just a few, but many... I don't hate any human, whether their beliefs, skin color, or origin is different from mine, so I know I don't have an ounce of racism in me.

debunked, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  4. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Afghanistan's New Day: A Promising Step for Afghan Women

Four years after the U.S.-led coalition and Afghan resistance overthrew the Taliban, Afghanistan is still stumbling on the path to peace and stability.

However, there are glimmers of hope everywhere.

The country is nowhere near as violent as it was before, although in the past few months there has been an increase in insurgent attacks. It has a new constitution that enables the establishment of civil institutions like an independent judiciary and human rights commission, and foreign investment is trickling in. The brightest developments have been the inauguration of the new Afghan Parliament on Dec. 19 after more than a 30-year absence from the political scene and the political involvement of Afghan women in the rebuilding of their country.

Afghan women are finding their voices in many sectors of society, including politics. They have started to become actively involved in the political arena of their country, demanding increased representation in government and legislatures. Out of the 5,800 registered candidates who participated in the historic parliamentary elections on Sept. 18, 565 were women.

The new constitution of Afghanistan, instituted in January 2004, mandates that at least a quarter of the elected posts be reserved for women—putting the country ahead of Australia, Canada, the U.K. and the U.S. in terms of female representation in government. This means that women are guaranteed 68 of the 249 parliamentary seats, and 26 of the 102 seats reserved for the senate, or upper house.

Election results indicate that many Afghan men voted for Afghan women in the recent elections because some of the highest vote recipients were women – even in some of the most conservative provinces of the country – resulting in more elected seats than the 25 percent quota originally reserved for them.

Regardless, the parliament is seen as a significant step towards the development of a modern Afghan nation, carving out a legally protected space for women to participate and engage in politics and overall society.

Despite their second-class status in much of Afghanistan, women appear committed to the country's democratic process. More than 40 percent of the eight million who voted in the October 2004 presidential election were women, and similar figures hold true for the September 2005 parliamentary elections.

Khorshied Samad is the former Kabul bureau chief for Fox News, and is the wife of the Afghan Ambassador to Canada.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Of course, she's a woman and she's non-white, so gworld probably won't give creedence to anything she has to say.

Will.Spencer, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  5. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You answered your own question. Do you have idea how stupid you sound?

PEOPLE WHO CLAIMED TO BE CHRISTIANS (responsible for):
    The crusades
    The Holocaust
    The Indians
    The Slaves
    The KKK
    The Priest Raping Boys

There's countless amounts of murder and violence in the Bible also.

If you want put every bad action a self claimed muslim has done to their religion, you can't possibly seperate every mass murdering self claimed christians have done - unless your really stupid or in complete denial of reality. :rolleyes:

yo-yo, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  6. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    yo-yo:

Christian, Muslim, whatever... this is a red-herring used by those who wish to avoid sensible moral judgements.

The issues are those of action, not of belief.

We do the same things to all bad men (and women) -- no matter what they may believe.

Some Nazi's claimed to be Christians. Some didn't. We slaughtered them equally, Christians and Pagans and Athiests. Religion was, and is, irrelevant to the practical necessity of killing them. They did bad things and they had to be killed so that the rest of us could live.

A minority of bad men in the Middle East use violence and intimidation to force the weak and the innocent majority in the Middle East to live under their murderous rule. Eventually, we will kill them off the same as we killed off the Nazi's. Their continual terrorist attacks will make it a necessity.

The only real question is how much we will act NOW and how much we will wait to act only after further attacks have been perpetrated against us.

The sooner we act, the more we benefit the weak and the innocent. The longer we wait, the more we benefit those who rape and murder them.

Please, stop with this silly red-herring. You are only making yourself appear ignorant. This is not some anti-Islamic religious crusade and only a complete moron would believe that it is.

7. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm almost positive that's the best thing i've ever read from you.

Your buddy debunked over there just claimed muslims are supposed to violent because their book says so.

yo-yo, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  8. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    The book does say so. I am endlessly amused by those who cannot read Arabic and yet claim that the book does not say so.

However, that is complete irrelevant. You can't blame your vile acts upon a book and then claim innocence.

"The Koran told me to kill my daughters."
    "The Bible told me to molest children."
    "I was listening to ABBA records and they told me to rob the liquor store."

Yeah, whatever.

I don't care what your books say, what your culture says, how old your culture is, what color your skin is, or how green your wallet is.

Do bad things and civilization will protect itself by killing you.

9. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
  10. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It has now been firmly established (see references below) that the OSS actively recruited and protected many high ranking Nazi officers immediately following World War II, a policy that was carried on by the CIA. These included, the CIA now admits, the notorious "butcher of Lyon" Klaus Barbie, Hitler's Chief of Soviet Intelligence General Reinhard Gehlen, and numerous less-renowned Gestapo officers. General Gehlen, due to his extensive (if dubious) intelligence assets within the Soviet Union, was allowed to keep his spy-network intact after the war in the service of the United States. The Gehlen organization soon became one of America's chief sources of Intelligence on the Soviet Union during the cold war, and formed the basis for what would later become the German intelligence agency the BND.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Intelligence_Agency

Wernher Magnus Maximilian Freiherr[1] von Braun (March 23, 1912 – June 16, 1977) was one of the leading figures in the development of rocket technology in Germany and the United States. Originally a German scientist leading Germany's rocket development program before and during the Second World War, he entered the United States at the end of the war through the then-secret Operation Paperclip. He became a naturalized U.S. citizen and worked on the American ICBM program before joining NASA, where he served as Director. He is generally regarded as the father of the United States space program.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernher_von_Braun

Little willy;

you are such ignorant little boy, do you really believe that WWII was over Nazi killing the Jews? It was about dividing the world and that is the reason USA had no problem working with Nazi officers after WWII.
    We should also not forget that until couple of years ago Bin Laden was one of the CIA assets also, fighting the Russian in Afghanistan with help of Pakistan secret service and CIA. :rolleyes:

The wars are about profit and one side has something that other side want, it is not about good or bad people but I suppose you could not learn about these things from your war video games. ;)

gworld, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  11. Nokia999

Nokia999 Guest

Best Answers:
    Nokia999, Jan 4, 2006 IP
  12. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Ahem... in America we report and punish rape. Our numbers are open and honest.

These numbers cannot be compared to the statistics from a nation where a woman can be executed for the crime of being raped.

If you could be executed for the crime of being raped, would you report your assault?

13. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Because many of these attacks occurring daily go unreported and unrecognized, sexual assault can be considered a silent-violent epidemic in the United States today.

As is true of other violent crimes, it is difficult to get accurate estimates of the incidence of sexual assault. It is generally accepted that less than half of rapes are reported to authorities; some estimates are as low as 10%.(ref 3) Many factors contribute to under-reporting, including embarrassment, fear of further injury, and fear of court procedures that, too often, scrutinize and judge the victim's behavior and history.

The United States has the world's highest rape rate of the countries that publish such statistics---4 times higher than Germany, 13 times higher than England, and 20 times higher than Japan.

Little willy;

You are such ignorant little boy while pretending to be all grown up and knowledgeable. ;)

gworld, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  14. Nokia999

Nokia999 Guest

Best Answers:
    Why your kind of people exhaust so quickly.
    You are from same group of mentally ill ppl saying 911 planes were hijacked by hijackers who were having box cutter knives :D :D :D :D
    What BS !

Nokia999, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  15. Nokia999

Nokia999 Guest

Best Answers:
    Spencer could you please post stats of early teen pregnancies in United States :D:D and then compare it with third world muslim countires stats ?
    *If you have heart :D

Nokia999, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  16. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1 in 3 women in America - I doubt any country could get much higher than that.

I agree getting an accurate comparison would be near impossible.

yo-yo, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  17. Nokia999

Nokia999 Guest

Best Answers:
    Most of the (self proclaimed civilized countires) have population consisting of mostly BASTARDS :D:D:D.
    Isn't true ? :D

Nokia999, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  18. blackbug

blackbug Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, I think that description fits most of the worlds population. Where, without rules and the threat of consequence for their own actions, people tend to get away with whatever they can. Irrespective of colour, creed, race or religion.

Getting everyone to agree on a sensible code of morality, ethics and accountability would be neigh on impossible I thinks.

blackbug, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  19. Crazy_Zap

Crazy_Zap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with yo-yo's stance on your comment above. It's the most intelligent thing I've seen you say. Unfortunately, that red herring has been used by some in this thread to defame one religion, while defending another.

Since gtech, debunked and bigdoug seem to be such fans of yours, maybe the general tone of their posts will now change for the better. Maybe not.

Crazy_Zap, Jan 5, 2006 IP
  20. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    I was just thinking that maybe those that sit around with the moral highground and consistently attack Christianity (or complicit in such through silence) at will, but are the first to make excuses for other religions with "but, but, but not all do xyz," might change their tone.

But alas, those that make excuses for head chopping, stoning women, women being criminals because they are raped, etc, seem awful quiet when gworld goes right back into his daily attack Christians and Americans mode. It's a new day, how long into the day before gworld, like clock-work, starts the daily routine?

The double standards are blindingly apparent, but predictable, as usual.

GTech, Jan 5, 2006 IP