1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do YOU believe in evolution?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by astup1didiot, Oct 29, 2007.

?

Do you believe in evolution?

Poll closed Nov 28, 2007.
  1. Yes

111 vote(s)
    75.5%
  2. No

36 vote(s)
    24.5%
  1. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That's the problem, you again TRIED to think.
    Your point made absolutely no sense proteindude, that is why you are wrong.
    You are so blind with your false faith you are incapable of seeing facts, you've proven it time and time again.

I have proven you wrong more than once BTW. You have an obsession with people hopping through meadows don't you? Perhaps you want to come out of the closet? Perhaps that's why you are so falsely religious, you're in reality a closet ---- :p

Do you have anything else to give to discussions other than mindless ramblings that do not include facts?

Talking about making sense, lol give me a break. I looked at it logically and via logic your point made no sense at all. To point to an american organizations web page that does not believe in religion to prove jesus is the most infulential. Of course they are going to talk about the religion that is forced down their throats in the US, by their politicians. It's not muslims being forced into the government/schools, it's not satanism now is it? Are you simply without any logic/thought process in your body? I mean come on for real are you that far out there that you can not see how incorrect you are in this case.

If you had a logical and truthful answer I would have supported it, you however are not even close to being logical in this case. I more than 'care' I outright dispute it as it's that far off. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:
    Communism was not based on atheism. Simply because religion was not allowed does not make it 'based upon'

As far as the rest of your illogical post, there are so many ways to attack it, wow you make yourself your own undoing.

2 ways.
    #1 What was the population of this country before 'communism' and more than likley in secret? I highly bet it was Christian.
    #2 Who was the main enemy of the Communist? Hint, it was a 'christian' based country.

Your argument is based on blindness, that's about it. You grab ahold of anything you can for your agenda and believe it to be the facts, when the truth is you're extremely out of touch with reality and unwilling to look at anything that disproves your 'theory' no matter how easy it is to see.

GRIM, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  2. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    Facts wouldn't make a difference, Ive shown many scientific facts they are immediately discredited, just because it supports creation. The problem is you believe what someone tells you just because they have credentials. None of you stop to consider the many flaws, and assumptions that are made to produce evolution as a working theory. Scientist assume certain factors are a certain way, they assume elements were the same then as they are now. There is not enough evidence to prove evolution. And when people can start admitting that, then maybe you can move on to the next possibility. Which of course is creation. You want to see facts read some of the articles instead of dismissing them. Have an open mind. The evidence i have found has also been found by scientist, men with credentials. You shouldn't dismiss them so quickly.

sb1234, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  3. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    #1 you might want to check to see who's arguing evolution against your so called facts before spouting off, you talk about facts yet the facts of this thread don't add up to your very post here.
    #2 your so called facts you posted, I did read some of them and most of them you are jumping and grasping trying to make more out of things than they are, all to try to go to the 'creation' agrument, which in your own mind is the next logical step. In others it simply could be we simply do not know at this moment.

Simply because there is not enough evidence to prove Evolution you dismiss it, yet with virtually no evidence you think we should jump to creationism? Yeah that made sense :rolleyes:

GRIM, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  4. astup1didiot

astup1didiot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I smell the sizzle of defeat on that one! :D

astup1didiot, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  5. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    See what i mean, your sources and others are considered facts and evidence. Yet you automatically label mine as "so called facts"

I do not dismiss evolution for the lack of evidence, that is just a bonus reason, my reason is simply that it doesn't agree with the bible. The lack of evidence, is just a supporting factor.

sb1234, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  6. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yet again I am not in this debate/thread on 'evolution'
    The one I did read, not sure it was from you or not, but was about soft tissue being left. From there what I read it sure looked like hopping and jumping to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

So you've proven also to not care about facts in reality, the bible trumps. I know you'll say it's not what you said, to me and others it however sure appears to be the case.

Lack of facts on one and it's a 'bonus' to dismiss, no facts on another but the bible supports and it's gotta be a logical step.

GRIM, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  7. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    Well if your not in the debate quit commenting in the thread. For those that are, smell this defeat. Hard Scientific Evidence below. Go ahead glance at it and dismiss it as i know you will, But Know this, they are scientific facts you are dismissing. http://emporium.turnpike.net/C/cs/top.htm

sb1234, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  8. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    #1 Didn't know you make the rules.
    #2 There is more going on than just evolution
    #3 From your own link, I haven't read it all yet but even it proves you wrong.
    I guess there is something else to possibly look into instead of creationism..

A theory such as evolution is going to be fine tuned, your 'facts' you linked to is nothing more than a way to defeat some of the theory for fine tuning. It in no way destroys the overall concept of the theory that I have read so far.

Also how do you explain humans becoming bigger, stronger, living longer, that has nothing to do with evolution? I know most will say 'oh it's food and medicine' that in itself is the body changing to conditions is it not?

GRIM, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  9. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    You should read it all, without these important factors evolution can not exist

sb1234, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  10. astup1didiot

Best Answers:
    Evolution is a theory, just like creatism, plain and simple. You read in one book that speaks of creatism, I read another that speaks of theory. Do you understand this concept?

11. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Actually I did read alot of it, then I did some cross referencing on it and it appears most of what you posted is hogwash to put it mildly.

Here is a good thread with a few good posts, I also read some more scientific pages as well. Easy to search if you want to, try plugging in some of the quotes into a google search, don't so blindly take things on your agenda to your side. I know you like to as it makes you feel nice and warm, it however does not make you correct.

http://www.atheistparents.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9925&sid=83f019b16cb66e04395d37df6f256e7f

BTW I love how you glossed over what I said ;)

GRIM, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  12. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    Of course you think its Hogwash, i expected nothing less from you.

This is ian excert from the article you posted

basically thats all im saying. Evolution is not fact. Yet its forced down everyones throat as if it was. Why are so many misunderstood about evolution, because its being taught that way. If evolution is simply change. Fine. I will accept it. But i will not accept that those changes lead to other beings, I will not accept that my great great......great grandfather was a fern.

sb1234, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  13. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is a fact. It has been proven, it has testable models.

I will make it easy for you. tell me which one of these statements is false and you would have proven evolution isn't true.
    1. Animals less suited to their environment are more likely to die.
    2. genetic material is passed on to offspring
    3. Mutations occur.
    I have made it easy for you. if all of those statements are true, Evolution happens. If one is false, Evolution doesn't happen. So come on, Which one is false?

next assignment, read these two articles i wrote then, if you understand them, Come back and refute them. if evolution didn't happen science would not have made these two findings. before the findings were made evolutionists said "if we don't find this, evolution is wrong". they went looking, and guess what, they found it, Evolution wins.
    http://godbegone.blogspot.com/2007/10/how-endogenous-retroviruses-prove.html
    http://godbegone.blogspot.com/2007/09/how-chimp-chromosome-2-proves-evolution.html

This kind of approach to finding the truth beats yours every time hands down. You believe something for no other reason than someone once told you it was true. You don't ask for evidence and you don't try to come to your own conclusions, and this prevents you admiting the evidence that proves you to be wrong. You have proven time and time again that you don't even understand the principle you are arguing against in it's simplest form.

I would have thought common decency and self respect would have prevented you from posting any more, but i guess it's time to really start pulling you over the coals every time you speak. Your easy ride is over.

stOx, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  14. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    How can a theory based on assumptions be fact. You can post all the articles you want, when they come from an athiest organization its obviously biased. Perhaps you should read some of the comments under your article.

You expect me to accept an article that you wrote as evidence that evolution is a fact.

Give me a few hours i will write my own

sb1234, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  15. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    http://www.livescience.com/animals/060713_darwin_finch.html

ferret77, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  16. astup1didiot

Best Answers:
  17. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hogwash because it simply is, the articles I have read show how your so called 'facts' are totally incorrect, taking bits out of context to make it all nice and rosey. I'd expect nothing less from you than to blindly follow ;)

BTW I did not post an article, I posted someone who simply refuted the 'proof' you linked to. Bypass all of what that poster puts showing your 'facts' to be cough out of touch with reality, simply go for the person being open minded and attack anything you can. Is this seriously all you've got?

I did not say evolution is fact, it is a theory. It at least has some science behind it, unlike your version you wish to latch onto. Stuff down our throats as it's the most likely from what is known, yet some religious nuts want to stuff creationism down our throats with pretty much no scientific backing.

GRIM, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  18. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    sb1234, Nov 5, 2007 IP
  19. astup1didiot

Best Answers:
    This article is fact, its been studied and watched. Don't get made want an actually fact is thrown in your face.

20. sb1234

sb1234 Banned

Best Answers:
    Oh and everything ive posted was pretend, whatever, you pick and choose what you want to believe. Thats why this debate will never end.

sb1234, Nov 5, 2007 IP