1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Optimize a automotive website

Discussion in 'Websites' started by eduardomaio, Oct 24, 2004.

Hi,
    I have a website about modified cars and car audio. It was the most visited from Portugal but since my direct competitor is now #1 on www.google.pt SERPs (an algo change that now puts anchor text as #1 of factors) and i've got kicked to some lower pages, i've lost a huge amount of traffic, advertisers and Adsense revenue.

I'm trying to recover some of this things, making my website still look nice, without using frames (good for visitors to bookmark articles) and trying to include an Adsense block of ads in everypage that my site owns.

The version that is online (www.sprinttotal.com) is the 8th version, it's a 5 year old website that have changed a lot.

So, what i'm trying to achieve is an Adsense ready website, with space for the "classic" 468x60 banners (or maybe not), a nice header like www.eduardomaio.net and of course, keep the website fast in loading, more apealing to the users and easy to navigate.

That would be easy if I could make this website viewable only by users at 1024x768, but I would lose 35% of my traffic.

Any help on this will be truly appreciated.

What i will do:
    - Burst out of frames
    - Kick out flash
    - Stop using image headers with small fonts on it

The website is at www.sprinttotal.com

eduardomaio, Oct 24, 2004 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    I did an e-commerce site for a street rod hot rod parts vendor. I requested links from the vendors of all the products we sold. This brought us in a considerable number of links, improved our pagerank and SERPs. It did not bring us in customers from those sites but our good serp placement for the products we sold brought in the customers.

I see the difference between your informational and my ecommerce site. If you have pages on which you are not running adsense I would look into would still look into feasibility of seeking links from manufacturers. Say if you published an article on the SEMA product of they year manufactred by aaa*com. I would request a link from aaa*com.

Shannon

Smyrl, Oct 24, 2004 IP
  3. eduardomaio

eduardomaio Peon

Best Answers:
    I forgot... This is an informative only website. The only revenue comes from pub, adsense and mobile phones content (wallpapers, ringtones).

The only links I have are from directories, other personal websites and link exchanges...

eduardomaio, Oct 24, 2004 IP
  4. dirtdog1960theone

dirtdog1960theone Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great Idea Shannon especially for affiliate marketers. I you don't mind I am going to add it to my thread best google tip :)

dirtdog1960theone, Oct 29, 2004 IP