1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is America still a christian Nation ?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ezguy, Jul 13, 2007.

The first immigrants who came to the US were christians, America was founded on Christian Principles.

Well now I doubt if America is a Christian Nation , every thing is changing.

God is out of public schools, He will be soon taken out of the curreny also

"In God We Trust"

What are your views ?

ezguy, Jul 13, 2007 IP
  2. Avery001

Avery001 Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes,it is as the government still trust christian as the public will.and Mr bush always say "god bless you.":)

Avery001, Jul 13, 2007 IP
  3. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    My view is that America was never a Christian nation; that this is an utter myth. It was founded with a secular Constitution and Bill of Rights - not religious documents at all, much less documents Christian in nature. More, the constitution specifically bars state-sanctioned religious "principle" as state power - theocracy - for this land. The framers, some Christian, some theists, some atheists, some, I would venture (though I don't know), of other faiths, constructed it so as a vital principle of a free land. They had history - from Mother Europe, or more current, from the Protestant Laws regarding public office in the colonies.

We are and have always been a secular country, private beliefs notwithstanding.

This same sentiment was raised in a paper some time ago, by a syndicated columnist "Reese" (don't recall the gentleman's first name). My response was printed in reply, and it follows below. I think it applies:

northpointaiki, Jul 13, 2007 IP
  4. myindianhost.com

myindianhost.com Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL,
    dont worry mate...christianity is going nowhere...it'll stay right in america:D

myindianhost.com, Jul 13, 2007 IP
  5. ezguy

ezguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks mate :D

ezguy, Jul 13, 2007 IP
  6. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    One of our core beliefs is seperation of church and state. We are a melting pot of different nationalities and religious beliefs. Christianity is a major religion here, but I am not a christian. Because of seperation of church and state, you can have whatever religion you want without fear of government supported persecution.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

"The First Amendment to the United States Constitution is a part of the United States Bill of Rights. It prohibits the federal legislature from making laws that establish religion (the "Establishment Clause") or prohibit free exercise of religion (the "Free Exercise Clause"), laws that infringe the freedom of speech, infringe the freedom of the press, limit the right to assemble peaceably, or limit the right to petition the government for a redress of grievances." source

First amendment rights are something we take very seriously.

Rebecca, Jul 13, 2007 IP
  7. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Sure America is a "so called Christian Nation" as is the UK, but Bush and Cheney consider the religious people suckers and idiots to be used.

Republican politicians used the religious right to garner votes and used them like old rag dolls, Bush and Cheney welcomed their votes and then once in power promised them a false security blanket and proceeded to steal and kill in the name of greed.

In American politics we have "so called Christian leaders" like Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson, both Republican propagandists under cover of false religion sell out their members to political interests and lobbyists for money.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/colum...10148&mod=RSS_Opinion_Journal&ojrss=frontpage

Watch YouTube Video on how Bush and Cheney suckered in "So called Christians" to support their lunacy and greed.

anthonycea, Jul 13, 2007 IP