1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why isn't Ron Paul more popular?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by pmpod, Jun 25, 2007.

1. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    You just did the same thing with America.

GTech, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  2. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Are you America?

guerilla, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  3. GTech

Best Answers:
    I'm an American. Will that answer give you the shield you are looking for?

GTech, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  4. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What facts? I started reading her drivel, fired up the videos and got so sick of her self-aggrandizing pseudo-intellectualism, along with her repetition of your mantra, "truthers this, truthers that", I had to close the page.

Care to refresh me specifically on what "facts" there were to be found at that link?

BTW, I'm still waiting to find out if you are America. Capt. America. Mr. America. The self-appointed representative of all Americans. Whatever. Let me know exactly how you came to be in charge of "America". Because in your "America" there doesn't seem to be a lot of respect for freedom of speech, just an abuse of it. Your America isn't mine.

5. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Says the guy with a shield avatar.

I'm trying to figure out if you are Lancelot or Don Quixote.

Oh, the irony.

6. GTech

Best Answers:
    Denial! Now, that's a good choice! By pretending to be outraged with the non-messenger to avoid the reality of facts that Paul is actually communicating in the videos, one can pretend to overlook the issue and make the site they are hosted on the new issue!

Nice work! I would have chosen that strategy myself. ;)

I'm afraid you've already proven no matter how many videos of RP making a fool of himself there are there, you're going to overlook them and pretend the site is the issue. That was your point, was it not?

Good! I'm happy that you admit I'm controlling you and making you wait ;)

Exactly? :D I always get a kick when moonbats use that term! I can just see you shaking your index finger at me and shivering like Ron Paul does when saying it!

"My" America? Wow, in just a few posts, you've derived this. All because your nutjob candidate was exposed for what he really is?

Well done! Do you have some more clever questions to pull from thin air. It looks like you've moved from doing the same thing to Lorien, to me.

Next?

GTech, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  7. GTech

Best Answers:
    Liberals actually believe that ceaseless criticism of the US and everything we do is patriotic.

GTech, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  8. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Can you explain how this is in our best interest? And by your logic, if Bin Laden said, EAT MORE FOOD, well, gosh damnit, we're Americans and we're gunna starve ourselves to death! F--K Bin Laden's List!

If you think our foreign policy is faultless, and beyond reproach, then the beaten wife defense is valid, if substantially overused. But if you think our government's foreign policy has ever gone wrong, even in the smallest way, then your point doesn't hold water at all. Blowback.

No it isn't. There is no need to placate them or cede to his demands. Change the rules. Instead of invading Iraq, feed Iraq. Instead of invading Afghanistan, trade with Afghanistan. Not all battles are won with blood.

Not at all. It highlights what is wrong with our foreign policy. Saddam is dead, and we're worried about Iraq, when we know OBL is likely in Afghanistan or Pakistan. If OBL and AQ are truly the greatest threats we're to face, why the hell are we fighting in the wrong country? I mean, as long as you're going to break eggs to make an omelette why not invade Pakistan? Why not coerce Pakistan? WHAT THE HELL ARE WE DOING IN IRAQ?

Is it Dubya's super double secret foreign policy secret plan to save the world?? Or is it that our friggin entanglements in the middle east have made it impossible for us to effectively pursue and destroy AQ?

See, this is where you get personal with me. And that's totally uncalled for.

You said that it was all or nothing. Interpret that for me. Since you're pro-war, pro-invasion, pro-occupation, pro-nation building, I assumed your plan is to keep fighting until the enemy is dead. I've clearly stated my position numerous times that I don't see war as a first option.

So don't try to manipulate and personalize the topic to make me look like a violence freak. I'm not the one who supports bombing civilians.

Why are we accommodating the SA government? Their opinion DOES NOT MATTER. GWB's opinion DOES NOT MATTER.

The opinions of the American people matter.

And while the countries we listed may not have a "say" in where we put our bases, it is very obvious that placing our bases in neighboring countries is a threat to their sovereignty, gloved or ungloved.

Remember the Cuban Missle Crisis? What caused us to get upset in that?

Oh yeah, some far away nation put missles on an island off our coast, and threatened our national sovereignty.

Well that is not a good example of blowback, but just because you are able to present one vague report of what blowback is not, surely doesn't disprove the notion of blowback, or the possibility it occurs in other areas.

9. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I might not be "America" like you, but I'm pretty sure the definition of an American is not a "like thinker" or "yes man".

But then again, you are "America" so I kinda expect you to wave your shield around and tell everyone that they are bad patriots and bad americans for dissenting with the government, even though it is in the tradition of the founding fathers, and a true exercise of our civil liberties.

Your/You're "America" is a fascist dream.

10. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That is all he does, day after day, post after post. It doesn't matter what nationality either.

Anyone that speaks out against Bush and the absolute disaster he has created in the Middle East is a "terrorist supporter" in his eyes. :rolleyes:

AGS, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  11. GTech

Best Answers:
    I know it's quite popular now for people to rewrite the definition of "patriotism" and "American" to fit in with their altered reality. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. You see, people recognize the value and honor that comes with being a patriot and a real American. It's just that some are not willing to put forth the effort to be such. As such, they want to redefine the meanings to wrap themselves in the notoriety that comes with it.

It's a popular fad!

Did you still want to deny Ron Pauls conspiracy and trutherism? That's sort of what this stemmed from. You were upset at reality and decided to take it out on me. I don't blame you though. It's a decent strategy.

If you're lucky, AGS might come in and cheerlead for you.

GTech, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  12. GTech

Best Answers:
    Oops, nevermind, I see he wasted no time while I was responding.

GTech, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  13. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What are you talking about? If our bases are there, clearly there is some strategic interest isn't there. I'm not sure what the rest of this point even refers to.

We were feeding Iraq. During the 90's after the invasion, the majority of people were being fed by the UN. Still, people bitched about sanctions. And Iraq was stealing food from its citizens, using oil to enrich itself on the back of its citizens et al. Clearly, the situation was not working.

You don't think we should have invaded Afghanistan after 9/11? We should have increased trade with a government that just attacked us? That makes sense to everyone, I'm sure.

Who said they are the greatest? They are the current threat.

See here you go again. Whining about us invading everyone and you suggest we invade another country. More killing on your mind? Pakistan is a fragile situation.

Debating Iraq is separate. But you are choosing to conflate the two. Perhaps you should move this discussion to another thread if you want to continue it. I'll sum it up for you, though. Iraq was a terrorist supporter (it gave money to palestinian suicide bombers, at least), it was also a murderious regime. I'm sure you wish he was still in power and that's nice. But then you'd be supporting the continued oppression of an entire country, wouldn't you?

Uh. SA has final say over our bases in their country, don't they. Their opinion does matter. So does congress who does the appropriating. Show me the peoples' outrage over the bases. You are just rambling right now.

So you agree that foreign entities should have a say over where our bases are, who our allies are, etc? So we -should- obey OBL's demands, then, shouldn't we? That wasn't too difficult.

I think the problem was slightly bigger than "soveirgnty" if I remember right. Something about nuclear missiles off the coast or something, right? Just slightly bigger than bases.

It's an example of the 'rational' reasons that were used to attack us, isn't it? I'd call that blowback by definition. Unintended consequences; isn't that what blowback is? Or does it only apply one way?

As I said, don't think for me. In Afghanistan, the mission is to ensure the taliban cannot take over and create another terror state. Either by helping the government stabilize and control the warlord areas or by, yep, killing people who use kids as bombs. In Iraq, the mission is much the same. Killing everyone is unnecessary.

But you keep bringing up killing everyone. You should think why that's your only option, yourself.

lorien1973, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  14. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Who defines real Americans? Care to define your narrow view of who gets to be American and who doesn't? After all, you are "America".

Oh, now you are in full on Don Quixote mode. I can see you running around the Texas countryside knighting gas station attendants and cowboys, promising them governance over vast spans of land in the heathen liberal urban centers.

Speaking of reality, I'm wondering if you have taken an oath in your lifetime to uphold the constitution. And if you have, what the heck happened to that? Get sidetracked by a wizard?

Perhaps you, "America", should declare a war on AGS and invade a 7-11. Stay until a competent night shift manager is duly appointed by the customers, because you don't want to leave prematurely and create a power vacuum.

Charge Rocinante! For chivalry, for honor, for "America"!

15. GTech

Best Answers:
    Yes. Did you still want to avoid his conspiracy/trooferness? After all, in defense of this moonbattery, you decided to take it personal. Did the strategy pay off?

I bet AGS could serve up a good slurpee :D

Say goodnight, guerilla. Excellent job of defending Ron Paul's kookyness by bringing it to me! That's what a real supporter would do ;)

GTech, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  16. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    GTech do you know why america is the most hated country in the world? because its full of ignorant, thick cunts like you

ThraXed, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  17. GTech

Best Answers:
    I should probably read the quran and correct my views, eh? :D

GTech, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  18. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    lol, im not black, or muslim. im born white and in england

your the typical everyday american, that everyone outside of america in every single country absolutley hates. ignorance is bliss

ThraXed, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  19. GTech

Best Answers:
    Ah, a young angry white male with low IQ! You're in good company here ;)

I was admiring your support for terrorists in the other thread. Don't like those naughty Jews, eh?

GTech, Jun 26, 2007 IP
  20. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    im admiring your support for the terrorists, israel and america. how does it feel to live in a terrorist state and under a dictatorship?

ThraXed, Jun 26, 2007 IP