1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A Question for Darwinists - the African race

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by skibladner, May 31, 2007.

Give me your honest opinion, do you belive black people are, in terms of evolution, closer to apes than white people?

skibladner, May 31, 2007 IP
  2. pladecalvo

pladecalvo Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely not! In fact they are more highly evolved than white people. That's why they excel at sport so much better than white people. A number of lines of research suggest that the secret of such spectacular success in sports such as athletics, lies in superior biology. All muscle contains two kinds of fibres - fast-twitch and slow-twitch. The former is good at producing explosive bursts of energy, the latter at sustaining muscle effort over long periods. Physiologists have shown that the muscles of Kenyan athletes have a higher proportion of slow-twitch fibres than those of white or West African athletes. Kenyans also enjoy a slighter body profile, have relatively long legs and large lung capacities, and possess more energy-producing enzymes in their muscles, which are thus better able to utilise oxygen.

pladecalvo, May 31, 2007 IP
  3. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I was about to say something, but deleted it in the name of prudence. OP, I'd suggest doing a bit of reading. Here's a start:

http://www.understandingrace.org/history/science/modern_evolutionary.html

Here's another:

http://www.newsreel.org/transcripts/race1.htm

-We are more alike than anything else, and intra-"race" shows as much variation as between "race."

There is no such basis for the thing I surmise you wish to lead to.

northpointaiki, May 31, 2007 IP
  4. diarmuid

diarmuid Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't even see how someone could actually make that link... that just seems to ridiculous to put into words if you ask me...

It is basic biology, those people who traditionally lived in climates with more sunshine often have darker skin because:
    Thats from wikipedia
    That is why they have darker skin, because they have evolved to suit their surroundings better! Thus, people with darker skins, could be considered (as pladecalvo said) to be more evolved than people with lighter skin.
    One assumes, from the way you phrased your question -skibladner- that you do not agree with the findings of Darwin (most of which are now backed up by modern science), and do you believe in the statement you suggested?

diarmuid, May 31, 2007 IP
  5. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    LOL you have to love freedom of speech. The answer is NO, absolutely not!

Blogmaster, May 31, 2007 IP
  6. Johnny Inferno

Johnny Inferno Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, congratz for the most retarded question on DP! :D

Johnny Inferno, May 31, 2007 IP
  7. CountryBoy

CountryBoy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Wow - controversial suggestion. Tell me, why would that be so? Are we basing this logic on the fact that apes have dark hair and black people dark skin?

CountryBoy, May 31, 2007 IP
  8. skibladner

skibladner Peon

Best Answers:
    Because humanity originally arose from africa, maybe you people consider the white race as an evolutionary step forward?

I once I followed a flamewar between one Abiola (a black guy) and a Steve Sailer fan. I got the idea that, while neither of them said this explicitly, what they were actually fighting about was the fact that both of them believed themselves to be apes but Abiola was offended that the SSf believed he was more of an ape than others.

skibladner, May 31, 2007 IP