1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Who is making under $5 a day with Adsense?

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by moneymakingguru, May 5, 2007.

?

What is your Average Earnings per day with Adsense?

1. Under $1

266 vote(s)
    50.8%
  2. Under $2

89 vote(s)
    17.0%
  3. Under $3

55 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. Under $4

34 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. Under $5

80 vote(s)
    15.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bochgoch

bochgoch Peon

Best Answers:
    Some more great advice from moneymakingguru (recieved via PM):

bochgoch, May 16, 2007 IP
    moneymakingguru likes this.
  2. moneymakingguru

moneymakingguru Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just post an article about one of my Adsense site's template to rationalise my advice of 336 above the fold... and why I do not really like tower ads.

Take a look at my add url directory blog.

To people whom receive suggestions from me, please let us know if my suggestions helped improve at all...

Thank you..

Allan

moneymakingguru, May 16, 2007 IP
  3. dubs89

dubs89 Peon

Best Answers:
    Originally Posted by dubs89
    hey, yes the larger template is the one all the pages are going to look like. As im adding more information to each page im upadating the template with it. Would i center the webpage by using a div command around the whole website? Also what was the url of the tread so i can post all this?

thanks,
    wes

Quote:
    Originally Posted by moneymakingguru
    Hi Wesley,
    Are you talking about the homepage? I think if you can keep the template consistent, same with the subpages.. its human nature that they like consistence, and dislike changes, they dun like to adapt to something new. You might find it funny or what-the-heck-is-he talking about, but consistency helps retain your reader on board.

At this moment if you ask me. I will redesign the template, and centralise the page. so that there will be equal space to the left and right. and the left sidebar will look much neater, and everything that i need to read will be in the centre. including the ads.

A 3 column template is bad enough, you want to add another column? That will make your site even more "messy" and I dunno about you but I like to visit a site which is simple and easy to navigate... as little detail as possible..

At this moment, the template is quite a mess.

I dunno how your html coding skill is like, but you can definitely improve. Please do not take this as an offensive remark, I m being honest and hope you can improve on it, I was once like you, with very limited html/web building skills. I read a lot of books and am proud to say that I m a home taught coder. You too can do it too. It does take time. Go at your own pace.

Hope this helps.. And if you can please post this on the thread too. Filter the url if you do not wish to reveal your site.

Allan

Quote:
    Hey, thanks for the tips do you tihnk it would be wise to mayb put a right side bar on the page and extand the left hand sidebar longer so the text in the middle is not a wide?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by moneymakingguru
    Hi Wesley,
    Just a quick one..

When i 1st open this page, i thot your page is a cut and paste page.. you see, the adlinks and adsense blocks are not blended into the page... the background color should be the same as page background. And if you can centralised the page.. it reads better for the reader... see my entire post and you realised that centralised page works..

_________________________________ you have a very wide template... which is not very "easy-to-read by the readers."

To emphasize on that page width issue, I suggest you to do this exercise.

Sit by the computer, about 45-60cm away (normal distance for average computer users)
    Load this page..
    Start reading the paragraph all the way to the bottom, without moving your head or neck. Just move your eye balls. Tell me how do you feel after you read the whole page.

I felt giddy. Yeah you would say no one reads like that, but the whole point of this exercise is, to emphasize that web surfers are "lazy" (generally), and they like to read short paragraphs, and not having to move their head or neck to read. And the fact that their focus span is 350-400px width, you really want to cater to their needs, if you want them to stay with you on your site.

And if my humble opinion is that if you have lots of information, try to cut into 2-3 webpages, as the reader after reading all those chunks of information, too be quite frank with you, tends to not click on anything else but close the windows. Create a crave for more in readers. It will help..

Same with a lot of other people from the thread. You might want to consider redesign the template..

Please read forum thread for more info..

Hope this helps.

And if you can please post this on the thread too. Filter the url if you do not wish to reveal your site.

Thanks.

Allan

Quote:
    Hey i am new to these forums aswell as adsense umm if there is anything you can help me with that would be great.

Name: Wesley
    URL: __________________
    Daily page veiws: 300
    Average earnings per day with Adsense: $0.70 a day
    How much time a week do you have to spend on improving: 35 hours

I am constantly submiting articles and submiting my url to other websites. I also always update a couple pages on my web site daily to increese the amount of information.

dubs89, May 16, 2007 IP
  4. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    Hm, wow guys, you really work for something like full-time for less than a dollar a day ? I assumed it by looking trough this thread.

SEOLinker, May 17, 2007 IP
  5. Jalpari

Jalpari Notable Member

Best Answers:
    pm send to u

Jalpari, May 17, 2007 IP
  6. moneymakingguru

Best Answers:
    Reply sent back

moneymakingguru, May 17, 2007 IP
  7. sri

sri Active Member

Best Answers:
    I made a whopping $1.47 today from my blog (PR5)

:(

Name: Sridhar
    URL: http://www.sridhareena.com/
    Average earnings per day with Adsense: $1
    How much time a week do you have to spend on improving: 10 hours

Thanks for any help offered.

sri, May 17, 2007 IP
  8. iskandar

iskandar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What should I do with this site? The CTR is okay but I got around 1-2 cent per-click.
    I know some would suggest abandoning this site temporarily and focus on other niches.

Unfortunately, my other sites have also been affected with the 1cent clicks (e.g like one in my sig)

Name: Iskandar
    URL: http://www.my-inspirational-quotes.com
    Unique Visitors a day: 600
    Average earnings per day with Adsense: $4-5
    How much time a week do you have to spend on improving: 15hr

p/s Most comes via long-tail to my internal sites/categories.

iskandar, May 18, 2007 IP
  9. mng

mng Peon

Best Answers:
    Why limit yourself to just Adsense? I was a victim once.

Here's what I can suggest...

Look at the type of advertisements that are showing up on your adsense. Look for similar sites which offer products and affiliate programs, and try to put up affiliate ads instead of just adsense. Split test it and decide for yourself which is more profitable.

Alternatively, you can always sell text link ads, or sell links on DP, no?

mng, May 18, 2007 IP
    iskandar likes this.
  10. iskandar

iskandar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks mng, I have tried affiliate for the site but so far it wasn't working.

I'll think about selling text link on the site. Thanks!

iskandar, May 18, 2007 IP
  11. simey

simey Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe my best ever adsense day was $12, my best ever affiliate day was $788. Anyway I have pretty much pulled adsense off my sites and now get only around $1-$2/day from them.

simey, May 18, 2007 IP
  12. Josiah

Josiah Banned

Best Answers:
    Good on ya I say!

Keep it up... I might be interested in this but as always I am pretty busy...

Never really looked into adsense :(

Josiah

Josiah, May 18, 2007 IP
  13. moneymakingguru

Best Answers:
    I m not so sure about your traffic.
    The subpages can be improved by filling up the space from the left column.. at the top.... a logo or something.. then the title, followed by a blended in ads 336X280

At the moment .. try it.

moneymakingguru, May 18, 2007 IP
  14. moneymakingguru

Best Answers:
    My guess is, the ads are not targetted enough.. and even if they are targetted, the ads are not high paying... change market???

with 600 uniques a day, assuming you have a 10% CTR.. if you go for high paying ones at average 20cents.. you should get $12.00.. safer level will be $8-10

Go find those markets... dun ask me to tell you. Go find out yourself.

iskandar likes this.
  15. moneymakingguru

Best Answers:
    Good for those who made money outside Adsense... One main thing to mention Adsense should never be the main income... it is the startup maybe.. but never gonna be your "main course"! Rem that...

M Nabil likes this.
  16. sri

sri Active Member

Best Answers:
    i tried selling text links on my blog here at DP. But no one showed interest. What is a good price for a text link / 468x60 banner (site-wide) on my blog per month?

sri, May 18, 2007 IP
  17. joerzoe

joerzoe Peon

Best Answers:
    A success need a really hard work.Keep promoting and sure you will gain something in the future.

joerzoe, May 18, 2007 IP
  18. quite

quite Peon

Best Answers:
    i dont quite understand how sites like the above are worth it.
    work 10-20 hours in mcdonalds, and earn $160... or do it on the net and earn $1.40.

its not even as though its going to pick up by thousands of pounds a month anytime soon.

quite, May 18, 2007 IP
  19. Hoss

Hoss Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm still trying to get past .25 per day. I've had AS since last july and still haven't even reached the halfway mark to get the first check! :(

Eventually, I will get there, but for now it seems like a big mountain to climb. I have a forum, so it's bad enough as it is!

Hoss, May 18, 2007 IP
  20. moneymakingguru

Best Answers:
    Once you find a way, that way will produce a stream of income even if you do not work for an additional hour..

Its not entirely passive income, but it is sort of giving you something for nothing.. I got a site which is producing $20 (adsense) a day (maybe another $10 from other programs) based on the work i did last year... and ever since... i have not added any more pages... all i did was some tweaking... And today... i move on to other projects to increase my streams of income...

If you think that working in MAcdonalds is cool.. so be it. Good luck.

YOu can do it too... Just need to find that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.