1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Banned from adsense? Owned a proxy site?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by crazyryan, Apr 14, 2007.

?

Has your adsense account been banned this month?

1. Yes and I own proxy sites that had google ads on.

17 vote(s)
    65.4%
  2. Yes, but I DO NOT own any proxy sites.

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  1. rupertValentino

rupertValentino Peon

Best Answers:
    Adsense are pretty strict. I was banned for invalid clicks but moving to affiliates was the best move for me anyway :)

rupertValentino, Apr 15, 2007 IP
  2. Muneeb2Good

Muneeb2Good Notable Member

Best Answers:
    woww its nice of having alot of views on adsense in proxies. thanks i m now aware of these.

Muneeb2Good, Apr 16, 2007 IP
  3. rupertValentino

rupertValentino Peon

Best Answers:
    Proxy sites dont make much anyway on adsense i heard

rupertValentino, Apr 16, 2007 IP
  4. trafficfacts

trafficfacts Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I for one did not say move on for no reason, I have been studying my logs closely for suspicious activity since before I was warned by google, the irony of it is that i reported some stuff to them a few days before I was warned, but for a weird reason they dint even consider it.

The things I noticed:

1) There were a number of clicks reported by adsense but not adlogger... this is particularly alarming as it should work the other way round.

2) There was a sudden spike in iran traffic, but since I have removed adsense, I dont mind those boys, they are earning me a good amount atleast better than adsense would have for iran clicks.

3) I always track every website i receive referrals from, I have not spent a cent on advertising, so its quite simple, either they are from proxy.org or I need to know how they came to my websites. I am one of those fortunate ones who has got free advertising for i no apparent reason, unless you count the speed of my dedicated server that is.

4) I realized there was one website that was referring people to my websites and they had no link to my website, further more i could d not even find the word proxy on their site. Well an alarm went off, I did my research and heres what I get (the websites name is filthyloaded.com), search it on dp and you will realize that it is a click fraud network making use of autosurfs and botnets.

5) But that raised the big question, why me??? well I guess its to eliminate competition, most of us earned from adsense now we are in trouble. I then spoke to a few proxy owners who also received warning and guess what the same bloody referral there too. wanna read more about them visit www.filthyloaded.com/cash

6) I even reported this to google, they already knew about it, but hey if you know about it do something dont ban me for nothing that was my fault!! But then you can block the domain referrals and referrals from this IP out.

7) I found something else!!! how the hell does google index a visit to my proxy site from another proxy (who the hell wants to surf a proxy from a proxy)... did some more research, there was no goddamn link to that proxified page anywhere then how the hell did it happen.
    Well heres my logic, someone used another proxy to visit my proxy, kept the adsense codes on, clicked on them, triggered it off to be index by adsense bot and google bot followed that link because hotlinking was permited.

More evidence required... i searched for other sites indexed through that site, well the count is 9K. 2k show up for the term proxy alone, not counting duplicate filters that is.

The Ultimate Theory: Someone out there is out to destroy proxies, of course I will stay and so will many others i have 100+ proxies and popunders alone can keep me in profit. but what about the smaller ones, they are in a bit of trouble at the moment.

Another conclusion about a research done by somebody else, they guy used other programs, giving them a similar look to adsense, well clicks reduced, there was no fraud.... decipher that... well the bots only click on adsense ads. not YPN, not adbrite not anything else... just adsense...

So as I said in my earlier posts remove adsense use adversal and move on.... need another popunder program that pays well ... better than adversal that is... PM me i'll tell you about one more... why not just mention it here... come on I did loose some money with adsense... rather make use of the referral program of the new one and make as much as possible back... my reply for every PM will contain two links to the same website, one with the referral link and one without, you can choose whichever you want.. will endthis lenthy post on that note...

Cheers!!!

Btw leave adsense alone for a bit... seriously.. your adsense account are worth more than the money you will miss out for a month.

trafficfacts, Apr 16, 2007 IP
  5. crazyryan

crazyryan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay, I got my reply back from google and it is as follows:
    I've emailed them back asking what the future of my account holds, they say for future reference which would usually mean I'm getting my account back but just don't do it again..

But my payments are still on hold so..

crazyryan, Apr 16, 2007 IP
  6. bhweller

bhweller Peon

Best Answers:
    I was nailed after advertising on proxy.org. Google is confiscating almost all o my revenue, nearly $900. However they are not giving me the ban.

Basically I am out the money I paid for proxy.org. I still have time left on some of their "bold listings" which are $20/month per site listed. I am wondering if I just switch to adversal or adbright I could still get some revenue from that ?

bhweller, Apr 16, 2007 IP
  7. vjw757

vjw757 Peon

Best Answers:
    this comes at such a bad time.. im just getting into the proxy buisness. granted im only making like $40 a month.. its somthing. i guess now i will start looking for a new venture.

vjw757, Apr 16, 2007 IP
  8. htmlindex

htmlindex Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Anybody else still waiting for a reply from google after emailing them after the "invalid clicks" email? I'm still waiting since over 2 days ago replying to them!

htmlindex, Apr 17, 2007 IP
  9. trafficfacts

trafficfacts Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't say that proxies are not lucrative... even without adsense... cause when I removed adsense I added popunders and now I am making as much a what adsense paid me before I was smart-priced... and the best this is there is nothing known as smart-priced for popunders :D

trafficfacts, Apr 17, 2007 IP