1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

phplynx - A very SE friendly directory script...

Discussion in 'Directories' started by vito, Apr 9, 2007.

If you run directories, you no doubt are concerned about SE friendliness. How well do SEs spider your directory? How well do they index your directory pages? It goes without saying that this will have a large impact on the eventual amount of traffic you receive from search engines.

I can tell you unequivocally that phplynx is incredibly SE friendly. Example: www.allabouthomes.ca . I put this site up online a month or two ago. Haven't had a chance to populate the db yet - it only has but 3 or 4 listings. But when I look at my web stats, I see that Google has treated the site very well. To be fair, I originally introduced the new site to Google by adding an external link in the footer of many of my (already) well indexed sites in my network. This got the ball rolling.

Do a Google search for

real estate lawyers-mississauga
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...q=real+estate+lawyers-mississauga&btnG=Search

real estate appraiser mississauga
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...=real+state+appraiser+mississauga&btnG=Search

renovators brampton
    http://www.google.com/search?source...GL,GGGL:2006-21,GGGL:en&q=renovators+brampton

painting in mississauga
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...GGGL:en&q=painting+in+mississauga&btnG=Search

You will see allabouthomes showing up in 1st to nth spot, all on the first results page. This is just a short sample of the search terms that I see used in my web stats. I am extremely pleased with current placement, and I attribute a lot of it to how phplynx makes itself SE friendly (page titles, metas, etc).

Well done. :)

Note that a few months ago, I also created another new directory site and I used phpld as the directory script (this is before I found phplynx). By comparison, the phpld site's SE ranking, while decent, pales in comparison to the phplynx site's ranking. To be fair, they are different sites, different niches, so it is not a "true" comparison. However, IMO, the 2 niches are of comparable depth. In other words, I didn't use one directory script for a ringtone site and the other directory script for a site catering to left handed lesbian welders. :D

The point is that, IMO, it is a fair comparison for SE performance purposes.

phplynx, well done. :)

Vito

vito, Apr 9, 2007 IP
    bukan likes this.
  2. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ohhh Kkaayyy. I click your site and anything else you want ? :D

popotalk, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  3. vito

vito Peon

Best Answers:
    Please. Don't reduce this thread to a cheap attempt of me trying to get you to click on my link. After all, you likely do not live in Canada, and as I explained, I don't even have the db populated. So what benefit would I have in "tricking" you into visiting my site?? Get real.

Honest to God, grow up. I am simply posting an honest evaluation of the performance of 2 different scripts. If you want to crap on a thread for the fun of it, pick another thread. ;)

Vito

vito, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  4. syted

syted Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Now, that's an idea for a niche directory :p

syted, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  5. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    umm benefit of gettting a click (Get more visits) You can claim that when you sell the site or sell links !!

hmm wondering what you are trying to say...

smub, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  6. SasaVtec

SasaVtec Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you really havent shown any proof that this is really SE friendly as you say as is. I see my awstats and terms are great, SERPS love my site, and its using phpld.

SasaVtec, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  7. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    and y do i think he is just advertising phplynx script. [is the owner involved?]

smub, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  8. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ohhkkaay calm down. Wrong thread. Supposed to be in Announcements forum. ;)
    You live in Mississauga have you listed DP's famous Crazy Zap Computer Repair Shop ? :p

P.S. You got internal clicks from me again. :D

popotalk, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  9. vito

vito Peon

Best Answers:
    Why is that, popotalk? I am not a principal of phplynx - I am just a user.

Vito

vito, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  10. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ohhhkkkayyy - Did I say you were a principal never remembered I mentioned it ?

So your not a principal and your what announcing your Site then.

Step 2 Solicitations and Announcements

popotalk, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  11. vito

vito Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, you people are pretty sad. :confused:

I have no affiliation to the ownership of phplynx. Nor do I have any interest in building (artificial) traffic to my site in order to "flip" it. I build sites for long term gain. I am not interested in buying/flipping.

I joined DP last year and have enjoyed many hours of learning from reading/interacting. I just thought I would contribute / pay back by giving my honest assessment of the performance of 2 different directory scripts. No hidden agenda. No ulterior motives. Just an honest post.

Yet, all I get in return is cynicism, skepticism, and accusations of ulterior motives. Too bad. If that is how you all interpret honest contributions to the community, then it's your loss.

I guess I'll keep my (helpful) contributions to myself from now on... :(

Vito

vito, Apr 9, 2007 IP
    saadahmed007 likes this.
  12. vito

vito Peon

Best Answers:
    popotalk, I have no interest in "announcing" my site to DP users. THEY ARE NOT MY TARGET MARKET!. I simply used Google search links to demonstrate the SE effect that phplynx had on my site's placement so that I could "prove/validate" the statements I was making in the post. That's it.

Vito

vito, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  13. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In this thread NO CRYING. We don't allow crying members. :D

It's part of the Initiation.

Welcome to the Directory Section. Just Kidding.

Your site is wonderful and very well laid out.

Good Luck to You and your Site. :)

popotalk, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  14. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    hello...

Great youve managed to beat the locals yocals who would click or make such suggestions to the search engines,
    the results arent very high as compared to more common terms say attorney directory or lawyers/esquire directory listings .
    While youve manged to narrow the search i see no main goal accomplished by the numbers presented
    and i see no PR or anything forwith that it did that would want me to change scripts...

When you tell me that you got a script that can make PR7-8
    with no listings no maintence ill come and swich all 50+. :rolleyes:

The sites are nice though... :p

thx
    malcolm
    The sites are nice though

malcolm1, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  15. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    funny thread :D

iatbm, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  16. vito

vito Peon

Best Answers:
    Malcolm, don't get me started on PR. PR is nothing but a very successful publicity attempt by Google. You want an example of how PR is worthless?

About 18 months ago, I registered a new domain. I added the site to my server. I created a site design in Fireworks. I exported the design in a 780x600 JPG. I uploaded it to the site so that I could show the design to a few friends (for feedback). In the interim, I also (pre-emptively) added a link to the site to the footer of some of my well ranked site (so that the site would be picked up by G). As time went on, I never did develop the site. It just ended up as a site with a JPG on the home page. No content. No indexable text..

After the next G dance, do you know what the site had for PR?

PR6!!!

This was a site that had NO content, NO incoming links, NO SEO. Yet, it secured a PR6.

And you claim that PR has validity? Please....

Vito

vito, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  17. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Pssst ! You! Yes You! that is Brother Malcolm aka Howard Stern in Directory Section of DP and your the NEW SEO WIZ ON THE BLOCK. :D

popotalk, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  18. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    hmm lets see what he is saying ...

can you show us a domain which got a PR 6 ??

because i would like to see that pretty jpg image which attracted the google bots and gave you a PR 6.

smub, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  19. vito

vito Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, too bad. Too late. This was a domain I planned on developing and then had second thoughts. So given that it was a year and a half ago, obviously I am unable to show you the link , as it is no longer online. Does it diminsh my account of the story? In your eyes, probably yes. In my eyes, no. Do I care or give a rat's ass if you believe me? You can probably guess the answer... ;)

Vito

vito, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  20. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just for the fun of it. Lets see the url and we'll look it up in Way Back Machine.

And smub is a Neuro Surgeon by the way. Just to let you know. ;)

popotalk, Apr 9, 2007 IP