comma or no comma

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by hostfrog.com, Nov 15, 2006.

In doing some research I found in a few places that it is better to not use commas when entering in your keywords and go off of just a few like 5 or 6 keywords. Which is best? Which worked better for you?

hostfrog.com, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  2. gatewayink

gatewayink Peon

Best Answers:
    Sites with comma or no comma in keywords showed up well in serps. It may not be a major factor to be concerned about.

gatewayink, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  3. hhheng

hhheng Banned

Best Answers:
    Commas separated in keywords will not help search engines treat them as separated. For search engines, comma and space has the same function, and using comma is just for human being's confortability.

hhheng, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  4. eukhost

eukhost Banned

Best Answers:
    Using commas or no commas between keywords is simply a personal preference. Using no commas at all in this tag is basically the same thing, since most engines appear to treat commas as a space.

eukhost, Nov 29, 2006 IP
  5. Bhartzer

Bhartzer Peon

Best Answers:
    It's really a personal preference. But, I prefer to remove the commas because it really could lead to more keywords or more 'combinations' of keywords. For example, look at these two:

big widgets, red widgets
    vs.
    big red widgets

With the first example you get two keyword phrases. But, with the second one, it could mean more: big, red, widgets, big red, red widgets, big red widgets. You actually have more keywords with the first one but can get more out of the second one (so I go with the second one).

Bhartzer, Nov 29, 2006 IP
  6. iul

iul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think there's absolutely no difference between using a comma or just leaving a space. I'm pretty sure search engines are smart enough to not make a comma very important

iul, Nov 29, 2006 IP
  7. webdevguy

webdevguy Guest

Best Answers:
    Is it true that using less keywords is better?

webdevguy, Dec 12, 2006 IP
  8. 530

530 Banned

Best Answers:
    If you mean meta keywords = yes

you should put only important keywords not more than 6 and those keywords should be contained in page content. Use it smart and it won't hurt you but meta keywords will not use for ranking your site, just for adsense bot to crawl and place relevant ads on your site but spammy is mean no good.

530, Dec 14, 2006 IP