1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Objective Social Networking Software Reviews

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by EJRaven, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I checked back and it looks like the release for Alicia is still delayed :(

MattUK, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  2. kartik786

kartik786 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh Darn,

I have been waiting for alicia . Ne developer of alicia on DP ??

kartik786, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  3. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    I’ve installed PHPizabi 0.415b R3 and didn’t really like it. The script looks good and everything looks stable but still did not like it.

Emperor, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  4. EJRaven

EJRaven Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's not for everyone, but it is free.

EJRaven, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  5. vastalitech

vastalitech Peon

Best Answers:
    Completely Untrue, we had a disscussion on another forum as well and Clenard has never purchased Buddy Zone, so if he in realty did start a website with Buddy Zone then it was a pirated version, a person who uses pirated software, their review/comment holds no meaning to anyone.

I however do agree with him at this point, the comments/reviews as posted above are just a bad attempt to case out the competition, nothing else, and get some attention for work done by someone else, if you in realty purchased phpfox, write about it, and your experiences about it, if you have not purchased Buddy Zone, or Alstrasoft or Handshakes, how do you know how they are coded, be aware, looking into a non purchased code is also an offense, again a person who even downloads pirated script has no right to post reviews as well. You pretty well know who is allowed to review a software and who is not. In my opinion this is just a blunt attack to make phpRaven look like it is dropped from heaven, and all other software and people are worthless. phpFox has had good communities, buddy zone also has good communities, he/she (as written in some other comment :-p) writes last time I checked their support forum was... empty, well please double check what you write, the support forum was started in July and since then 49 users signed up and 153 articles were posted, and also when you go to our support forum, check how long it took for admin to revert back on problems/questions posted on support forum. Your profile does not even have your real name, no website besides the myspace link, no way to judge what kind of a php knowledge you have, and you pass out the judgement "very unfriendly php code", everyone can truly understand, what this is all about. So in basic essense, all products available on market are worthless and just phpRaven which you are supposedly working on is good, lol. No further comments on EjRaven.

vastalitech, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  6. quantumd

quantumd Active Member

Best Answers:
    just adding my 2 cents....phpFox is great!

i havent installed any of the other programs, but i checked out alll the demos on the various sites, and phpFox impressed me the most and the delivered on all their promises and their customer support is on point

quantumd, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  7. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    A person who uses pirated software is able to make reviews, and I wouldn't not discard their review on that ground, come on, what kind of statement is that?

What about social websites scripts available in french? Could it be added in the reviews how they rank regarding translation. Will alice be easily translatable?

JamesColin, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  8. CodeMonster

CodeMonster Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, Well, Well, Mr. Ankur Jain of Vastal and BuddyZone how are we doing? I just love when I find locations where you have posted. Since I do own a copy of your software and I do have a license. I believe I’m in a very good position to review your inferior script. Let’s start with your lack luster support system.

If you try to post anything that is negative about the script to the support forum and then back that up with proof and then offer suggestions to fix the inferior script the post will be removed. I learned this first hand. Also Mr. Ankur Jain does offer 6 months tech support but you will need at least 1 year by the time issues are resolved. And unless you are fluent in the Indian language don’t even think about making a phone call for tech support. As for the script I would say it is in Alpha not even Beta, as some sites have already found out, because many of these sites say “we are in beta testing” right next to there logo. This should have been a hint to me but hey I figured they were just adding on to the script not that it was buggy.

Example #1 Security:
    The script I was emailed didn’t have any password security.
    Passwords for the members and the admin were not encrypted.

Example #2 html tags:
    I found several tags that were not closed within tables. And there are a lot of tables.

Example #3 Uploaded Video:
    If a member deletes a video they uploaded the reference is deleted but the files are still on the server. Talk about eating up drive space.

These are just a few problems. If you go to his demo site you will find others.

Now we come to the purchasing of the inferior Buddy Zone script. You are not presented with any information regarding a refund policy and or license agreement until you make the purchase of the script. At which time Mr. Ankur Jain has your money. Only after agreeing to Mr. Ankur Jain’s license do you finally get the script sent to you via email. And then the horror sits in of how you just spent $399.99 for a script you will spend the next 4 weeks reporting bugs, and waiting for tech support. And from my dealings with Mr. Ankur Jain it would seem he is the only coder, and not a team of coders that would be needed to support this Alpha script.

With that being said I am not an employee by any software company for the scripts you have reviewed here.

By now I’m sure Mr. Ankur Jain knows who this is. And knows I’m not going away. I look forward to seeing you post on other sites Mr. Jain. And yes I am not using your buggy script on any server since submitting the credit card dispute. But I did take many notes prior to that as to the problems with the script.

P.S.
    You may want to hastily respond to my post. If you do I will continue to follow up with more critiquing of the script that I have a license to. As you know I didn’t divulge every problem I encountered with your script. I only hope since you have decided to stay in business that you have hired a competent programmer to fix the other problems.

CODEMONSTER

CodeMonster, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  9. EJRaven

EJRaven Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your opinion and review.

EJRaven, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  10. kartik786

Best Answers:
    AHem Ahem,

Lets keep the developers out of this thread shall we ??

The title of the thread is OBJECTIVE REVIEW ... which would mean CUSTOMER review.

Developers can brag about how great their script is on their website :)

kartik786, Oct 6, 2006 IP
    NikkiBlue likes this.
  11. vastalitech

vastalitech Peon

Best Answers:

Hello,
    I pretty well know who this person is.
    Example #1 Security:
    The script I was emailed didn’t have any password security.
    Passwords for the members and the admin were not encrypted.
    Ans: I agree, the passwords were not being encryoted, but the fix for this was sent to the person concerned in 2 business days.

Example #2 html tags:
    I found several tags that were not closed within tables. And there are a lot of tables.
    Ans: LOL this just makes me laugh, no comments.

Example #3 Uploaded Video:
    If a member deletes a video they uploaded the reference is deleted but the files are still on the server. Talk about eating up drive space.
    Ans: Dear CodeMonster, please double check wat you write, the delete video is using a function in videos class called delete_video, go there and on line 357, 358,359 you will see that we have unlink to delete the files from the server.

So in essence you yourself do not know what you are talking about, keep posting and I will keep telling everyone that you are nothing but a liar, who really just wanted to have a free software. I have all your emails with threats and illicit words which were sent to me. After those emails not only me no company in the entire world will answer back.

vastalitech, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  12. kartik786

Best Answers:
    Vatsal Come on...

Here on DP, people hate microsoft, they hate yahoo they hate ipod they hate zune they hate a broken pencil, hell many hate me.

But I dont see bill gates, or whoever the yahoo ceo is or steve barge in here.

The bottom line is, people hate a product for a reason, if your product is good enough, you will have positive reviews pouring in.

Just chill.

13. vastalitech

vastalitech Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    For CodeMonster or "Bill Darnell" or whatever, If you want I can make the emails sent to you and received back public so everyone can know what kind of a person you are.

Everybody taking a part in this disscussion, tell me this:

1) You talk to a person on Yahoo IM almost everyday.
    2) He sends you a list of things which does not even exist in the source code like the videos part.
    3) Then when you say, Sir it is written code, please check your installation to see if the path for the video is being passed correctly or not. Then after 7 days you get a reply,

"I will start posting wrong things about you on internet, and make you look like the worst company in the world, if you do not send the money back".

4) I send him a reply, to ask for the reason for refund.

5) He says, the script has problems, so I ask him to send me a list of legitimate problems he is facing and those will be solved.

6) He does not send me any list anymore.

7) Instead he sends me a threating email, refund the money or I will start posting wrong things about you on internet. Well to the best of my knowledge this is threat and blackmail. Now that I have your software, refund the money as well, because your software sucks, but I cannot tell you why lol.

Hey Kartik,
    Only 5 people out of all the bunch we sold are like Bill Darnell. So yes we do have positive feedback. Well you are absolutely right. Thanks for the message man and do let me know about the 7 points I just mentioned.

Dear CodeMonster,
    Please get your eyes checked from a good physician, until as of today, only your post was deleted, no other post on the support forum has been deleted, there are problems reported on the forum but those have been reported in a more civilized way, not in a jungle type of a way which you used. You are nothing but a big piece of all liars of the world bundled together. I am waiting on reading a new lie posted by you. All that I would like to add in the end is, if you want a fight, lets fight, if you want a healthy disscussion, look at the kind of language you use.

14. kartik786

Best Answers:
    The way I see it vastalitech.

You are just harming your image by replying to his reviews.

Big companies do not care or need to clarify on such pety issues.

If there was really a problem, work on it.

I have my sympathy with you, but a good PR always helps.

Cancel his liscense and give him a refund ... thats the best Public relation a high profile company can maintain.

The kind of products you make , has left no doubts that you are going to be the most talked about company soon, atleast in INDIA.

Maintain that high profile instead of fighting on petty issues.

Hope to see many great products from you in the future.

15. vastalitech

vastalitech Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the good wishes man. I think you are right, The main simple reason why I did not cancel the license and refund the money was, his threatning emails and a tone like I am everything and you are nothing. If you read what he wrote you would have understood, if he came clean to me and requested that I cannot use your product, I would have gone after something else.

Thanks anyways, I will not be posting on this thread anymore, unless the biggest liar (Bill Darnell) in the world makes a mockery of himself again, lol.

Thanks.

16. clenard

clenard Active Member

Best Answers:
    Negative. Me and my partner Purchased Buddyzone several months ago.

I do like the fact that you come into these forums and accuse people of being liars and thieves, though.

Interesting choice of words you use... must be good for business? I especially like how you choose to threaten your clients. :rolleyes:

So, because he threatened you in emails - you feel like you can keep his money and threaten him in forums?

Interesting view.

clenard, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  17. vastalitech

vastalitech Peon

Best Answers:
    Just to get some clarification which post of mine has threats in here. May be you need to just reread or open an oxford dictionary and read the meaning of threat. I did not give any arguments on phpfox niether did I say it sucked, so I do not really understand why are you posting this message? One thing to note, we sell what we show. I never tell a lie while selling the software, if a person says a lie, and I say he is a liar, that counts as a threat wow, in which dictionary? You are happy with phpfox be happy, why are you bashing buddy zone without any reason? I will tell again, you have not purchased software from us. I see on every place your raving about phpfox, I agree to that and accept it, but when you do not know how buddy zone is written and how it is being used, you have no right to say you cannot even compare phpfox to buddy zone. Ask this to 5 people who shifted from phpfox to buddy zone in last month only and their community grew from 1000 users to 1500 in 10 days. I can have them post message here as well.

We are not keeping his money, we are keeping our money, we sold a software which he purchased after seeing the "FULL" demo. He even contacted us on yahoo prior to purchase and nothing which was told to him was a lie, he asked me are the passwords encrypted, I told him no but we can make them encrypted if you want, and the same was done. "What was given to him is what was shown to him." If a person starts making lame excuses for getting his money back even when he is using the software, there is no way we will refund the money. We have had refunded money to some customers because their business model changed, or because they had some problems on the script because of any reason, but all those were legitimate reasons. I asked him to send me the list of problems he was facing and if they were not resolved the money would be sent back. He never sent us any and started threating. Lemme remind you, it was not you whom I was saying anything nor to phpfox, but if you want to start a fight then be it. I can post many things about your so called phpfox software as well. But i won't because that will mean I am bashing it.

18. clenard

clenard Active Member

Best Answers:
    Again, you're rambling and calling people liars.

You think I didn't purchase your script? That's fine - I'm surely not going to give you the information it was purchased with because the way you act - I wouldn't trust you to do something to make info disappear.

I can GUARANTEE YOU that I own your software and while it's worth the money I paid for it - I would definately NOT use it over PHPFox -- but I am not willing to change what's already been started at this point in time, so the script is still in place. 1000 to 1500? What does this prove? Nothing at all. I have 5+ times more members on my PHPFox sites (each) compared to my Buddyzone site. I'm not sure what this means - but according to you, the software secretly recruits members?

Nice... I must have not found that feature.

Now, as a Business man - you should watch who you call Liars. You called two of your clients liars now. What kind of Business tactics have you learned over the past year? Right now you're coming off as some kind of net thug trying to push around your Clients and calling them liars in public, threatening to post Private Emails on open forums, etc. Is this what Vastal does to all of their clients?

clenard, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  19. vastalitech

vastalitech Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    Send me your domain name and username on www.vastal.com and I will write a sorry here if this at all is true. But if you remember Mr. Clenard, I never told or said anything to you, we had an argument on www.sitepoint.com if you remember, and in there you yourself had written you had not purchased the software. Lemme get the link:
    http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367999

The above link clearly states what the truth is. No one is trying to pursuade you to get buddy zone, it is your decision, not mine.

As for 1000 to 1500, that was just an example, we have communities with more than 50,000 members in just 5 months and some communities where we have more than 500 concurrent users connected at a time. I cannot give the URL's you can see them on our site.

In my opinion, a person who threats another person is committing a crime, and can be prosecuted under law, yes I did say I will make your emails public just for one simple reason to prove that he is lying. He writes do not even think about calling them if you do not know indian languages, the truth is he never called us at any time and all that he has written in the post is lies and nothing else. So if I call a liar a liar I am not a good businessman. Listen I have no intentions on fighting with you. If you in realty purchased buddy zone send me your username and site and I gurantee I will not write or say anything about you anywhere. But as of right now you did not purchase the software and your simple comment saying I'm surely not going to give you the information it was purchased with because the way you act - I wouldn't trust you to do something to make info disappear. proves that. Buddy Zone is not installed only on your domain or on Bill Darnell's domain, I just had 5 people like Bill Darnell who make lame lying excuses just to get a free software.

You do not need to put anything here, just email me your username on our site and your domain name and I gurantee, if you in realty purchased the software the next reply you will see is a appology. But as for right now, no matter how many times you write, "You are using a pirated copy."

Thanks. I will not be posting anything else here, because it is a waste of time.

20. kartik786

Best Answers:
    Damn.. I hav to chck everytime to see if i missed alicia release in your fights.

When will people act like mature adults :(

lynder likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.