1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help for getting in adwords back due to multiple accounts

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by arkin, Sep 6, 2006.

It all started I found some vouchers on ebay giving 50 $ adwords credit for new accounts. Also found a link, http://tinyurl.com/4pr5c , giving you 50 $.
    It s so bad that I come to understand why I m overpaying. Adwords promotes itself with the money they charge. That s, people get free 50 $ credit, so they virtually pay high to get upper positions in listings. However, the real payers will be paying quite higher to get their positions back against free-credit owners.

To get my revenge or so, I got almost 10 different emails and that 50 $ credits to promote my website for free (except 5 $ activation fee). Later on, they stopped me using adwords. Banned.

Now looking forward to some solution how I can get in Adwords again.

I changed my website .com to .info. and freshly signed up adwords using an internet cafe pc with a friends credit card. IT WORKED FINE just till I add my bunch of keywords which were on my very first account. Then, that account also BLOCKED.

Well, I say "blocked" because I think is blocked. the support just replied me saying they stopped my campaign because of multiple accounts. They didn t say if blocked, banned. I replied them and say "not again, reactivate"... but no reply no action...

I don t know what to do next. hoping some clues here. Till now, I learned adwords use IP, geological data, your ad keywords to track you to block you.
    Do you think, I should also change website layout? Thats, do they also check how the website look like? or the texts in website. (the web site is about selling little stuffs)

Another point is, do they check the adwords ad-title, landing page etc details?

what do you recommend? Details / any comments are much appreciated.

arkin, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  2. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, each time that you try to get in they collect more and more data from you.

Probably they are using the cached landing page data to keep you out.

Now that they logged your friend CC number - Hope your friend do not need to use AdWords in the future.. :rolleyes:

Micromag, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  3. dougadam

dougadam Active Member

Best Answers:
    It seems that you went over the line.

I would learn from that experience, and try yahoo.

dougadam, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  4. arkin

arkin Peon

Best Answers:
    Not really, my friend is not a kind of person who would do such internet thing.

arkin, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  5. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok,

thanks for bringing us your experience.

Micromag, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  6. wwhhing

wwhhing Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google will seldom banned your adwords account, because it can earn money from you. But if you really open multiple account to gain free ad. credit, then, definately you will get banned.

wwhhing, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  7. Dave757

Dave757 Peon

Best Answers:
    Arkin, I'm in the same boat and I can tell you that it's going to take a lot of work to get back in.
    I tried to start again using all new inputs including a new url and even that didn't work. I'm not a technician but I think Google has some kind of "snapshot" or signature of every website so they can recognize them regardless of the url.
    But this brings up the question: Are we not allowed to hire a management company to advertise on our behalf? Or acquire a business partner? Are we banned personally or is it the website/url/company... and everything associated with it?
    This would be absurd because then you couldn't even sell the business.
    I'm not looking for sympathy from anyone. I regret what I did. But Google is not just shutting me out of Adwords with this. They're effectively shutting down my business. Not even the IRS will do that on a first offense.
    I've even offered compensation for what I used and they don't even return my emails. That's going too far. I'm not justifying cheating but it's not on the same level as child molesting.
    That's the end of my rant. Back to the point. I don't have the answers but I know you should expect to change your website significantly and maybe even try a new account from a much different geographical location.
    I did contact Google by phone recently and they seemed willing to look into it and let me know my options.
    I'll post any news for others.

Dave757, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  8. arkin

arkin Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply Dave. You make an excellent point in that question "aren t we supposed to hire someone else to manage adwords" or it's simply not in the same level of child molesting etc.

Besides, I'm curious about how does adwords compensate for the losses an adwords customer against the free-credit-adwords. I only started with the feeling of revenge. Because, for months, I see a new competitor everyday, only for a few days till he consumes his free credit. so all the time I had to bid higher than those to get my ad position back.

Nowadays, I m making changes in my web site, though, I don't know what I should change. I already made my way about geological and signup card change. Still, I don t think I would use my magficient set of keywords as they re a big part of banning system I guess.

What about phoning to adwords support? what s your claim and do you think they unblock?
    Can you please give some advise and their support PHONE NUMBER?

arkin, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  9. Dave757

Dave757 Peon

Best Answers:
    Call Google UK: 011-845-358-0038. That number is assuming you're in the US. Just remember they're 5-8 hours ahead. They're more helpful there than Google US and if you need the US number they'll give it to you.
    Keep me posted if you find any solutions and I'll do the same. This really isn't right. I expect to be penalized, okay. My losses are already huge. Google cheated on their customers and what happened? They got fined. It's a slap on the hand for a company like them. A customer cheats and what happen? Banned for life! (Yes, that's what they told me.) That means my business is ruined. Sure, some people will say you can still use Yahoo and the others. Yeah? I'm using PPC on the three next best engines and I've had one order since Google suspended me. I had an average three a day on Google (legitimately). Google runs the internet and if you're not with them you're out totally.

Dave757, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  10. arkin

arkin Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the number. I called, they replied “my account is under investigation”. 3 hours later I got an email from a local adwords support, saying the same “under investigation”. Well it gives me some hope that I got my acc. back. If not they re just saying so... Anyone has any experience ??

You again make a good point; adwords doesn t have a way in between “death sentence” and “freedom”.
    Though, I still think I did nothing wrong, in the lights of the fact that they re giving away 50 $ credits to new-beginners while real customers just suck and pay higher to compete the free-credit-one-week-life-competitor all the time.

arkin, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  11. arkin

arkin Peon

Best Answers:
    Finally I could get in the system again. How I did is as follows;
    First, I told them it s not right that they re giving away promotions to anyone which results in my high pay-outs. So I did take some free coupons too to neutralise.
    After, I responded as I m the chief of company and we hire professionals to manage Adwords and the latest pro did something which might be against your TOS. We do not hire that pro again. So, activate the account, pls.
    I also phoned them saying the same. Upon this, they ask to verify my credit card and ID faxing them photocopies. I did and they activated the account again...
    It's now working...

arkin, Sep 14, 2006 IP
  12. SonicReducer

SonicReducer Peon

Best Answers:
    And now when they read your post on this forum you may find yourself banned once again :)

SonicReducer, Sep 15, 2006 IP