1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

* Famous $100 48 hr PSD Only Contest: Professional *

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by oneawesomeguy, Feb 15, 2010.

1. oneawesomeguy

oneawesomeguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    == Contest Update ==

Less than 24 hours left (see original post for exact end time). I will try to review all these entries before the contest is over and post comments in this thread. Be on the lookout or subscribe to the thread to stay up-to-date :)

oneawesomeguy, Feb 16, 2010 IP
  2. nidhi1100@gmail.com

nidhi1100@gmail.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

PM ME FOR QUALITY DESIGN @ Reasonable Prices!

nidhi1100@gmail.com, Feb 16, 2010 IP
  3. Fenzo

Fenzo Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey,
    here is my entry. I hope you like it.
    Every changes can be made but the most important is the background i think. Here are 2 examples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
    Fenzo, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  4. jnjnnino

jnjnnino Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    wew!, now I can post..

here's some updates..

[​IMG]

another color version..

[​IMG]

feedback is very much appreciated..

thanks!

jnjnnino, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  5. bl4ck dot

bl4ck dot Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi... This is my try.. Better font combinations can be tried out if you feel the layout is good.

Blue Shade

[​IMG]

Brown Shade

[​IMG]

Feedback appreciated!

bl4ck dot, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  6. b4db0y

b4db0y Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    b4db0y, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  7. Hecky

Hecky Like a Dungeon Dragon!

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Hecky, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  8. jokomamamita

jokomamamita Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here comes mine:

[​IMG]

jokomamamita, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  9. Aaroniza

Aaroniza Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Just revised the design as I saw that we were not to include the video on the home page. A dominant, consistent colour scheme with a professional logotype has been developed. Along side a well set out grid layout that gives prominence to the more important aspects of the site while giving off a powerful vibe, I'm sure you will love it as much as I do!

Aaroniza, Feb 17, 2010 IP
    oneawesomeguy likes this.
  10. Chewysmom

Chewysmom Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    my entry

[​IMG]

Chewysmom, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  11. suke

suke Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    i will post my design in one next hour, please wait :)

suke, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  12. oneawesomeguy

oneawesomeguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    == CONTEST UPDATE ==
    Contest will end in 2 and a half hours. I love what I have seen. I will post comments below. If you have time, make changes before the deadline.

Note: Please everybody read the rules and make all watermarks say 'sample' or a big X or don't include them. I may disqualify designs that do not stick to this rule. Please change your designs if you can!

== COMMENTS ==

incomebiz: entry is missing...

The Defender: I didn't like the background. I did like the font you are using, the size of the font, and the header image with the picture of the women and the space for text to the right. The design is very nice, but something appears to be missing from the bottom content/navigation area. Maybe add another colour? Some borders? Either way, nice design!

SecureWebDev: Thanks for picking a different colour than brown. Even though I did say I wanted dark colours in my opening post, I like to see people do something different like your design--as long as it looks good which your design does. I am not sure your design does give the impression that this website is for a powerful woman. The purple colours you used go so well together. I liked the boarder around the whole page, the header image and little text to the right of it, I liked how the whole website fits together and how it does not look like a blog.

reezluv: The design is great, but the colours used were not really what I was going for. The colours, font, and style of the website would be perfect for a different project, but for this project it does not give me the feel that this is for a professional, powerful woman. I liked how you had different sections on the website for different boxes of text. I liked the textured background. Very nice job!

bizzard: Great to see a design from you! I liked your design with the exception of the things that make it look like a blog: the 'continue reading' links, the 'share this' links, the dated posts, and 'posted by...' text. I liked the colours you used. I liked the smaller picture of the woman to the right of the page. I loved your whole right-hand sidebar. Nice job!

stardesigns99: Great to see a design from you also stardesigns! Your design is one of my favourites. The only thing I did not like so much were the bullet points on the right sidebar and the font used for the paragraph page content. I loved the menu at the top, the logo, the header picture with the little descriptive text to the right, the menu at the bottom, the text at the top of the right sidebar and its font, and I liked how your design looks very professional. Great design.

Aaroniza: One of my favourite designs in the contest at the moment. I love how the website is wide but can accommodate screen widths of 1024px also. The one thing I did not like about this design was the cont used for the contact info at the very bottom of the page. It looks different from the contact info in the middle of the page. I loved pretty much everything else about this design. What I liked the most was how professional it all looks. It looks like a website you would see for a person such as this. Great job.

ZinniDoll: Nice design. I loved the textured background. I did not like the random woman in the middle of the page. I didn't like the 'read more' and I didn't like how the text was just placed onto the page without much layout or structure (does that make sense?). I didn't really like the bullet points. I did love the logo you chose and loved how your design was different from a lot of the other designs.

bokunokane: You succeeded in keeping the design simple and professional. Nice job! I loved the 'featured in' section, I love how the design looks so simple yet you can tell there is complexity to it. I did not like the 'read more' links as I mentioned to some other people. I feel like you see that mostly in blogs and want to move away from that all together. Thanks for including two difference backgrounds. It changes the website so much, but they both look really good. I am not sure which of the two I like better. One of my favourite designs. Nice job.

gsmile: Wow your design is different. I like it. I liked how you used boxes. Loved the blue background. It matches really well with the dark boxes. I did not like the colour of the yellow box. I think the colour was off a little bit and did not match so well. I also didn't like the 'read more' at the bottom. I mentioned this to a lot of people so don't feel bad. Try to set this up like a static website and not like a blog. One exception: I loved the 'upcoming events' section. Lastly, I loved the 'a life of a public servant' and the menu. Very nice, simple, and professional design. Hopefully, I will see a revision before the contest it up!

nidhi1100@gmail.com: Thanks for your entry! I loved the colours you used. I do not like the bullet points so much. I loved the font and how you set up the different sections (especially the 'upcoming events' at the bottom). I liked the 'sign up here' section a lot too, but it would need a little bit of text to tell people what they are signing up for. Great design! It really fits in nicely and looks very professional!

Fenzo: I liked your design a lot. What I did not like what the web 2.0-style icons: the 'online' at the top of the page, the 'learn more' button, and the activated menu buttons. I liked how you gave me the choice of two different backgrounds. I did not like either of them too much. Can we dry a darker brown background? I loved how you have a whole 'welcome to my website' section along with her signature. Very unique! I loved the book and tour information right on the right of the page. I also loved your header and the text to the right of it. Very nice job. I also hope you do a revision because you at at the top of my list!

JR (jnjnnino): Great to see a revision from you! I love the new header image background. The other one was nice too, but I like this one a lot more. You fixed pretty much all the problems I mentioned on your design. You are still one of my favourites! I did not like the red design, but the other one was spot-on. Nice job!

bl4ck dot: Great design. I like both the blue and the blue/orange design. Both look great and I am not sure which one I would choose. I did not like the mouse in the 'online' at the top. I thought it was too cliche. I also did not like the blog elements of your design: the dates on the posts, and the 'read more'. I mentioned this to about half the people so do not feel bad. I should have been clearer. I loved everything else about your design: the simplicity yet professionalism, the sidebar content, the menu, everything else. Great designs!

... (more coming soon)

oneawesomeguy, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  13. oneawesomeguy

oneawesomeguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    == COMMENTS (continued) ==

b4db0y: Thanks for the entry! I liked most of the fonts you used. I did not like the font used for the logo of the website, but pretty much all others were nice. I liked how your design is full of sharp edges and lines: I feel like this make it seem more professional. I liked the header image, the menu, the sidebar. There was a lot of space between the main content and the sidebar however. I did not like that too much. I did like the 'from the blog' section which nobody else included (that I can think of). Very nice design! Good job!

Hecky (second design): Very nice and professional design. Good job! I liked the big things on your design: the menu items and the large font to the right of the header image. I liked the bottom part of your design; it looked very clean. I am not sure if I like the email address right at the top like that, but thought it was different from the other designs. Great job!

jokomamamita: Great to see an entry from you! I liked your design a lot. I liked the 'upcoming schedule' and 'inner circle' sections. I did feel like the main font used was a little too small and too black (maybe a dark grey?). I did not like the reflective part of the logo or the sparkles on the logo and some other parts of the website (they would be great for another design, but want to keep this one simple). I did not like the social media aspects too much: Facebook, Twitter, etc. The social media stuff would just give me a lot more work to get this website up and going so I am trying to avoid that :) I liked the sidebar of the website a lot. Good job! Loved the design!

Chewysmom: Thanks for entering!! I loved your design. It is very simple and professional: exactly what I was shooting for. The darker footer was a little bit too long, but the footer above that with the contact and sign up boxes was great! I loved the fonts you used. I loved the menu items that glow when you go over them. I liked how professional the whole design is. great job!

Nice job everyone! The contest will end in 2 hours, 20 minutes from this post.

14. suke

suke Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    here is my entry :)

[​IMG]

suke, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  15. oneawesomeguy

oneawesomeguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    50 Minutes Remaining

Post whatever you have, guys! :)

16. oneawesomeguy

oneawesomeguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    == CONTEST CLOSED ==

No more new entries please. I will review what I have and announce a winner.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful work you have done!

17. bl4ck dot

bl4ck dot Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi oneawesomeguy,

Thanks for your comments.

bl4ck dot, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  18. stardesigns99

stardesigns99 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The Contest is now Closed :(

So, if you choose me as winner, i could make the changes.

Im sorry because i couldn't post my revision before ending!

Thanks!

stardesigns99, Feb 17, 2010 IP
  19. oneawesomeguy

oneawesomeguy Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks! Should have posted my comments a little earlier to give everyone time. I may consider making my contests last a little bit longer in the future. I will keep the revision in mind when I select a winner. Do not worry about making any changes now.

Thanks again everyone for the wonderful designs. I have selected my top five, but am having trouble selecting the winner. [Note: To make the contest fair, I saved all files to my computer so that I do not know who did what design. Unfortunately, I may become bais for those that have won previous contests or those of you who I personally invited to this contest. I will do my best!]

20. djrulz

djrulz Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @ All great work guys.
    @oneawesomeguy.. perfect name...:D

djrulz, Feb 17, 2010 IP
    oneawesomeguy likes this.